It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cops kill ten times more civilians then civilians kill cops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Better yet just lie down like a doormat and while they are planting drugs on you to make their arrest quota say "thank you sir may I have another.".
edit on 25-4-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

All they have to do is claim some loose "probable cause" either before assaulting you or even after assaulting you and you're in the mix deep with no hope of getting out.

You're absolutely right here! And you know every cop is going to side on the conservative side of every action. Translation: Beat the crap out of you and ask questions later.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
First, the title of this thread is misleading. Civilians should be changed to criminals (or suspected criminals). The way it's written, it sounds like cops run around killing random innocent civilians.

Incorrect. Criminals are civilians. Policing officers are civilians. Even the department of defense police are civilians.

By definition of law, whether you like it or not, if you are not an active member of the armed forces you are a civilian.

Second:

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You dont ever have to do anything to have them kicking in your door or dragging you out of your car or beating your head in for sitting on a park bench.

All they have to do is claim some loose "probable cause" either before assaulting you or even after assaulting you and you're in the mix deep with no hope of getting out.

As long as they exist we're all at risk of being abused, assaulted or otherwise railroaded into a living hell.

The way I see it, unless you are mixed up in something that would draw the attention of the police, you won't every have them looking at you for anything. So, if you are speaking from experience, I'm guessing that you were somehow involved in something that you feel wasn't illegal and they, apparently, beg to differ.

Incorrect. There are numerous reports, including reports on this very website, of unwarranted civilians and civilian law enforcement agencies coming into contact with eachother. As examples, wrong residential addresses and misidentifications. Are there study reports that would open your eyes to how prevalent the problem is? Absolutely. Should I be burdened to help you discover this knowledge? Absolutely not. You will see what you choose to see regardless of what the evidence proves. I will offer you this though, This twitter feed has been running a long time. You can peruse it as you choose and read the news reports.

To accurately reflect intention. The title should be written as " Civilian police kill ten times more non-police civilians than non-police civilians kill civilian police".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
The moral to this story:

If approached/ confronted by a law enforcement officer, make sure hands are empty and in sight of the LEO at all times. An even better idea would be to avoid being in a situation that requires contact with a LEO in the first place

AMEN to that. Never, never, never call an LEO unless you want your rights violated, your property taken, or you want to be beaten and have evidence planted on you.

Deal with whoever you need to deal with however they need to be dealt with and leave law enforcement out of it. You will be richer, healthier, and safer because of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ya? Well between 2001-2005 over 80 000 people were killed in violent crimes in the us.
And between 2001-2005 over 100 000 people were killed by drunk drivers.

Whats your point.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Ya? Well between 2001-2005 over 80 000 people were killed in violent crimes in the us.

Whats your point.

The point is that LAW ENFORCEMENT PREVENTED NONE OF THOSE DEATHS. Do you get the picture now?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The moral to this story:

If approached/ confronted by a law enforcement officer, make sure hands are empty and in sight of the LEO at all times.

It's kind of hard to do when asked (ordered) by the police to retrieve your ID. Which is usually in a pocket.

I almost got shot by a cop for getting my wallet out when he asked me to.

I had a cell phone back when they weren't popular. The cop thought it was a gun strapped to my waist and drew his weapon on me.

Moral of the story...it's not as easy as you make it sound.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Whats your point.

The point is that LAW ENFORCEMENT PREVENTED NONE OF THOSE DEATHS. Do you get the picture now?

And cops are supposed to prevent drunk driving deaths how? More regulations? More unwarranted stops? More rights violated? Cops counting how many drinks you have at the bar?

Drunk driving deaths mainly come down to personal responsibilities, and stupidness. Cops can't snap their fingers and stop them. All they can do is catch who they can, and punish them.
edit on 25-4-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by capone1 because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yep the title is misleading the article is misleading for the simple fact which cops are they talking about?

Federal cops such as the FBI,Department of Homeland Security?

State police that well all know as troopers

Local cops from sheriff to city cops?

How many people were murdered by criminals to put this into context.

Getting tiresome reading all the cop bashing on here.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
NH is a relatively gun friendly state.

The past month has seen an uncharacteristic number of gun-related deaths and one pointless cop death for enforcing the almighty war on drugs.

The state attorney has been all over the news doing his best to "not let a good crisis go to waste" rambling on about police are under attack and maybe the state should take a second look at its gun laws.

Reality and facts have no place in a world where fantasy and illusion reign supreme which is where the police, politicians and law reside.

All this nonsense about the brave police and the majesty of law and "we have to make sure every officer gets home at night" as if there is some evil dark force stalking each uniformed plebe just drives me nuts.
Couldn't have said it better my self 61% or fatal shootings by cops are mistakes OPPS really thats less the half and yet these people are still trained the same way it's amazing not only that they get assault rifles next thing we know they will be shooting at people with 50 cal sniper rifles because its to dangerous to be within 1 mile of the person they are arresting
edit on 25-4-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

I agree 100%.

I'm a 16 year navy vet and 61% collateral casualty or innocent civilian rate would be warcrime charges coming down the tubes for you. The police used to actually help you and were friendly to you, but that was long before they were bribed with federal money. Now they are a paramilitary force that serve to enforce tyranny. They are equipped, in some cases with some of the latest military equipment. I was in a grocery store in FL about 9 months ago before I moved to North Dakota and there was a sheriff's deputy in line in front of me wearing digital camp BDU's, a fully equipped tac vest, tactical thigh holster, plus what appeared to be a Glock 40 on his tac vest.

I thought to my self really? This is a police officer????

He was equipped almost as well as I would be when humping into an active mission deployment when I was in the Navy. I remember when cops wore shiny shoes and uniforms with ties. This man was equipped like some of the paramilitary forces I've seen.

It is truly sad that we have allowed ourselves to be imprisoned all in the name of "safety". I have always lived my life a quote from Thomas Jefferson about the law. "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around the rights on others. I do not say 'within the limits of the law' because law is often the tyrant's will and is always so when it violates the rights of the individual."

Police officers used to be referred to as "peace officers" because they would keep the peace and make sure no one was harmed, now they are power freaks and tyrants. I grew up knowing several law enforcement officers and they have all since changed careers, they say the police are out of control. They no longer serve us, unless you consider court papers, tickets, no knock warrants, warrantless searches (they have a law in FL called the "stop and frisk law" that allows them to stop you and ask for ID and frisk you anytime you are in public), or 50,000 volts via a tazer serving you. Instead they work for the elitist law makers and the courts work hand in hand with the law makers and police.

Anyone whom really believes that we are free in this country needs to stop drinking the Kool Aid.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Being that there are only 700,000 sworn officers in the US and 311 million citizens in the country to police. I would say that the number of citizens killed to police is pretty favorable.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Anyone whom really believes that we are free in this country needs to stop drinking the Kool Aid.

My step father drinks that Kool Aid by the gallon. He think that out government and the police can not do any wrong. He has my bother believing the same thing. My brother will leave his wallet and ID at home (he does not drive, no car) and goes to town and to work. I keep telling him one day he is going to get stopped walking to work or to the store and he is going to be in for it when he does not have an ID to show the police. A friend was out for a walk a few months back and his wife had to go bail him out of jail as he got arrested for no ID. He did not think to take it on a walk around the block.
edit on 4/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The moral to this story:

If approached/ confronted by a law enforcement officer, make sure hands are empty and in sight of the LEO at all times. An even better idea would be to avoid being in a situation that requires contact with a LEO in the first place

wrong,
the moral of this story is If approached/ confronted by a law enforcement officer,
to be prepared to defend yourself
from a potential sociopath so afraid of his or her own shadow
that they will shoot to kill if you so much as sneeze

better to be tried by 12
than buried by 6

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Whats your point.

and don't forget:
legally they are not obliged to

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Right, except for those six out of ten were "determined" (by law enforcement, or course) to be unarmed.
Pocket knife = armed.
Belt with buckle = armed.
Same with pen, pencil, heavy purse, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join