It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What has this world descended into? Thats one of the most absurd things i've ever heard.

Schools just keep getting crazier and crazier. Almost like they are prepping kids to get used to being denied normal lives early on. Get them used to ridiculous rules and an ultimate authority that punishes on a whim with no real logic behind it. Possibly to make it easier to control them once they are adults??

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I hope this doesn't negatively impact your child's concept of what is sexually permissible when he grows older. These scenarios can easily screw children up. A link may be made between touching the girl and getting in trouble for it, which can lead to fear of sexual expression later in life.

I hope this boy learns to keep his hands to himself in the future. There is a lesson here. And its for this young man. He could have easily screwed up this little girl for life. He should get in trouble for touching a girl in this manner. What is wrong with you. You hope he's ok ? What about the girl?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Whatever this little girl experienced, it most certainly does not justify charges of sexual harassment against the boy, and does not warrant undue government interference. Little boys and little girls get their feelings hurt regularly in school, hence the age old chant: "Sticks and stone may break my bones, but words can never harm me".

Do you honestly believe that by charging a 7 year old boy with "sexual harassment" that this will lead to he having more sensitive views of girls? Do you think suspending this little boy and then sicking an out of control government agency on the mother is for the good of the whole?

The little boy should not have touched that little girls pants. A simple phone call to the boys mother, followed up with the little boy sincerely apologizing to the little girl was all that was necessary, not the histrionics of emotionally unstable government tax feeders.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

My goodness.... I'm just reading this OP and I'm shocked. Little kids used to pull DOWN each others pants when I was in school. "Pantsing" is what it was called back then....everyone else recall that? I don't recall suspensions or allegations of sexually deviant behavior over it. Wow.. They're kids, not sexual predators and he was pulling them UP.

I'd find an attorney and file suit. No kidding and I wouldn't wait. These days?? Even a 7yr old is carrying a record that will follow. What *I* did when I was 7 would never been seen by anyone...but now? Hell, this could come up MANY years from now in an admissions process or some other moment when it's most damaging to be reminded of.

Don't let it slide and ..as a side benefit...help show the school parents are about at the end of our ropes for watching our kids abused BY the School themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wow. I didn't get my suspension until I was 11. We were instructed to make a list of words and hand them in to our teacher, the gorgeous mini-skirt wearing 26 year old Ms. Apple, for the spelling bee, the following day.
I thought to myself, well, I will use very large long words. So where will I find such words! In the dictionary!
So I grabbed my pocket dictionary out of my desk and began flipping pages looking for long words, 'nymphomaniac', there's a long one, (didn't have a clue what it meant, didn't even look) and could you believe, I got sent home with a letter for my dad?

He thought it was funny.

I was just confused.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wow, you sound highly irrational, sexist as hell, and borderline hysterical.....
Ever wonder why most kids turned out of the system are defenseless and not very smart? It's because people like that are running our school system. And people wonder why I homeschool the girls.....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

BS This boy was physically agressive to this girl. He put his hands on her. Thats it folks. His hands dont belong on her PERIOD. The teacher could have told this girl to pull up her pants. Even she would have been out of bounds if she yanked the girls pants up.
Yanking at her clothing, pulling at her pants is not OK. I am sorry if you guys think the little guy is getting harassed. He really needs to learn this.

Lets imagine the little girl is your daughter. Now whats your stand ?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If having a pair of pants pulled UP her hips in elementary school is enough to damage a little girl for life, then the act isn't the problem. The sheer weakness and pathetic level of dealing with the world around them our kids seem to have..or NOT have..would be the problem.

I can think of MUCH MUCH worse things this little girl is likely going to live through in her years in school. Really... If this is trauma? We need to entirely redefine what life changing trauma is. Imagining this as fitting that category is enough to make me sad in simply considering the future of our kids and their whole generation.

@ Karen

One other thing for that recent note? If I had a little girl instead of a little boy for my only child, I'd have taught her by age 7, how to turn around and slap a boy to the floor if she felt like she'd been intruded upon within her personal space. My son sure learned it...has RARELY ever done it..and I was proud the couple times he did. The situation warranted it. Teaching kids to cope and solve their own problems is a favor.

Holding their hands is a curse they won't even understand until long after we aren't there for them anymore...and life cuts that hand clean off instead of holding it for them.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Really ? I raised all boys. All of the have a healthy respect for women.
I know the kids only 7 and I doubt there was anything sexual about this but he did grab her pants. Thats not ok. You wont convince me that it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Respect of women? I doubt it, with the way you are carrying on, I bet they have an irrational fear of women. You are acting as if he beat the crap out of the girl or something....
edit on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:04:50 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

BS This boy was physically agressive to this girl. He put his hands on her. Thats it folks. His hands dont belong on her PERIOD. The teacher could have told this girl to pull up her pants. Even she would have been out of bounds if she yanked the girls pants up.
Yanking at her clothing, pulling at her pants is not OK. I am sorry if you guys think the little guy is getting harassed. He really needs to learn this.

My stance would be laugh and move on. Just tell the kid don't do that again, and move on.. this just sounds like 7 year olds being 7 year olds, kids being odd like this happens all the time, I can remember a bunch of stuff like this from when I was little. It's just children being children.

This has been blown hilariously out of proportion.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
OMG!!!!!!!!
He is 7!!
Think back to when you were seven!!

Flashback: My cousin and I tricked our other cousin, telling him urine was lemonade so he would taste it!!
(GROSS I KNOW) BUT I was 7!! I got my tail beat too LOL, what a memory....never tried that again for sure but.....

Seven year olds do crazy stuff period, its a part of maturing.
Seven year olds do not have the cognitive ability to process that maybe hiking up her underwear is considered sexual harassment....Do they know what sexual harassment is? My kids dont.

That is the reason why I homeschool!!!!!
These are crazy times we live in!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I took the screwed for life from the post I was responding to. Extremes are extemes. The poster hoped the little boy would not be messed up by this. I wanted to make sure that folks consider the little girl as well is all.
I am merely taking the other side of the coin as it seems like everyone thought the little boy was getting a bad rap. I think his behavour was uncalled for. He was out of place.
Sexual Harrassment ? No probably not anything sexual about it. But it was agressive. I guess the school has a list of definations for their offenses. I dont work for the school so I dont know. But lets not ever make it ok for a boy to touch a girl without her saying its ok. Its not ok.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
you might be interested in this

The Legal Definition of harrasment

. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group,

So was your sons aleged sexual deviency systematic and/or continued ?
It might help Im just really annoyed for you and some of the comments Ive read well its people like that who have made the world what it is today they must be really pround

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I remember when I was in 6th grade I was looking at my hand for merely 10 second when the principal was giving a lecture, she called me out and have me stand in front of class, what a stupid power tripping bitch she was.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
1976 i was stood at the teachers desk, she was talking to me and her hand was resting on the edge of the table, and without really thinking about it, not knowing what i was doing, i rubbed my nuts against it, and got slightly aroused.
she asked me what i was doing, didn't have an answer because i was four years old and didn't know that what i was doing was "sexual", no idea at all.
She moved her hand, i lost my boner, and realised it was something i shouldn't have done.
no biggy, not then not now, no hang ups installed because of it, the teacher dealt with it in a proffessional and considered manner, after all, i was a child.

Kids don't think about these things, it's right that they shouldn't, they act on instinct, this is why there is a criminal age of culpability, children do not know right from wrong, it takes situations like mine to educate you as to what is and is not acceptable.
Over reacting to a childs indescretion is bad for the child, they should be taken to one side and asked if they know what it is they have done, and why they done it, it should also then be explained to them how it looks from a social point of view, and why it is not proper behaviour.
schooling is about learning all aspects of LIFE, if the teachers are not capable of reasoning to a standard that is beyond the level of your child, do not put them under their care. it is not responsible as a parent to have your child emotionally traumatised during formative experiences.

(i think back to that moment and i still cringe, she was ugly) lol

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Give me a break.
No my boys are great. One married. One engaged and one still in highschool. They are not afraid of women. Why would they be ? What is your rationalization in saying that ?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000
I am merely taking the other side of the coin

Trying to make a mountin out of a mole hill is more like it not everyone wants to live in cotton wool land

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No I am not acting like he beat the crap out of her. If he'd hit her we'd be having an entirely different argument.
Ok, have it your way. Its ok that he grabbed her pants. Its just fine. Let him touch anyone he likes. If he doesnt like the way your shirt is tucked into your pants. Yank it out. Its ok.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If that little girl was my daughter I would calmly ask her if she turned around and slapped the little boy afterward. If she answered no, I would ask her why not? I would explain to her that the world is filled with insensitive slobs of all sorts, including the professional and perpetual victims. I would explain to her that victimology is not a social practice taught in our household and that we stand tall and confront bullies, but never, ever, turn to bigger bullies to handle our own problems.

I would do everything I could to prepare my little girl for the harshness and cruelty of the world at large, and I would not be doing this if I got all histrionic and played some game of self righteous indignation, and that this self righteous indignation meant a 7 year old little boy should be suspended, and his mother investigated by a dubious government administrative agency.

If I even suspected my little girl was befriending girls with parents who advocated draconian punishment policies for little boy behavior, I would demand my little girl stay away from those people and that they will only do more harm to her in the future, than any good.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join