It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Only a pedophile would charge a 7 year old with sexual harassment.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

That's not true. I sued a 7 year old for all of his GI Joes for touching my butt and I'm not a pedophile.

No, it's the growing weakness that's plaguing this country that is leading to massive stupidity such as this. Makes me sad.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
I read all these crazy stories about things that happen in schools and think there is no way it can really be that bad. Let me tell, IT IS.

My 7 year old son was suspended yesterday, I got a letter from the school stating it was for "Sexual Harassment". Also as a result, there is a real possibility he may be expelled depending on what the little girls parents decide. Also, I am now under investigation from DFS, and have been told told I need to have a phych eval done on my son ASAP.

What was his crime? He grabbed her pants (in the back) and pulled them up because "her butt crack was showing and it was disgusting". Now Im not the type who thinks his child can do no wrong, I know my little boy is not always the angel I want him to be, but to call this sexual harassment is just plain nuts.

Any adivce on how to deal with the school and DFS with this would be appreciated.

Thank you ATS.

Thank you, thank you God i am not living in the US anymore

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by smyleegrl

It's up to teachers to reverse course on this. Are you vocal at all about this in your work, or do you sit by and watch it get worse?

The idea of the State raising children is a madness and that is exactly where this is headed. Only the most evil of regimes in history went this route. ...and the teachers were silent.

It honestly doesn't happen at my school. Our district has a strict guideline for behavior problems before a child can be suspended, the teacher must have had at least one conference with mom or dad. Then if the child continues to have behavior issues, our guidance counsellor becomes involved. Usually the child is put on an age appropriate behavior plan. If the problems continue, the student is brought to our Student Services Team (consisting of teachers, special Ed teachers, counselor, school psychologist, administrators). We discuss the behavior and the team offers advice and ideas. We then must use those modifications at least two weeks and document the results. If things continue going downhill, then the SST may request permission from the parents for testing. Usually it doesn't make it that far.
Yes, children get suspended, but it's for severe behavior, like fighting. Of course I don't know everything that happens bc that would be an invasion of privacy. But any parent can go into any school and ask for information on how many students were suspended, for how long, etc. you won't get private details such as the student's name, but it clearly shows how the school handles discipline problems.

In the course of my career I've reported two parents to child protective services. One was when I noticed a perfect pattern of dots bruised onto a second grader's leg. I'd never seen anything like it. I asked her what happened, she said her dad spanked her with a brush. That's when I realized the marks were from a bristle brush. I reported this to my principal and the school nurse, they confirmed I should report it.

Two days later the father removed his child from our school while threatening to "take care" of me. For the next month someone always walked me to my car.

The second case I reported.... I'm not going to give a lot of details bc it still makes me sick. Suffice it to say a six year old girl came to school bruised, bloodied, and burned. She then told the whole class about how her daddy put a knife to her mommys throat "until the blood came out."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Little kids are always obsessed about private parts, so most likely this girl was the talk of the class, and considerable gossip and teasing, and the teacher should have been aware of it, and failed to act. This is probably the real issue, and possibly an ongoing problem.

Sounds to me like all your son did was demonstrate himself to be the alpha male, and did what all the others talked about doing.

Clearly the school is not acting rationally, unless there is a lot more to this story.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

JPZ DFS stands for Department of Family Services for your information, they are suppose to be there to serve families, have no idea how effective they are. I think they are part of the child welfare system.
Having said this, the whole thing is outrageous.

edit on 4/25/2012 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am a long time reader and first time poster. As I was reading I can relate a personal similar event. When I was in third grade back in 1996 I had a bit of a crush on a fellow classmate. Unlike many boys my age I was not afraid of girls and did show an interest in them. When I gave this girl a hug I was reprimanded by my teacher and in front of my class told hugging another person is sexual harassment and it comes with such consequences as jail time. Nice thing to tell a 7 year old who meant no harm. It happened early, they instill fear.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
OP, look on the computer, see if student advocates exist in your area. These are great people that are willing to go to bat for kids, know all the BS rules and tricks school systems play.

Long story short, I was wrongly expelled from school for a year, then spent two years being harassed by the principal and vice principal until someone told me about them. Turns out my school was breaking the law by suspending me for no reason every other week, for weeks at a time, and not providing tutors for my "time off". She set the admin straight, and got me out of that school. Had I known about them to begin with I never would have been expelled in the first place more than likely.

I hope you have them there, good luck.

edit on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:20:25 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

This is excellent advice. Student advocates can get more done than some lawyers.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't negatively impact your child's concept of what is sexually permissible when he grows older. These scenarios can easily screw children up. A link may be made between touching the girl and getting in trouble for it, which can lead to fear of sexual expression later in life.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

No doubt there are real occurrences that need attention.

The problem is that a single ideology dominates the schools. through the Unions and the Union Members remain silent even if they are not themselves Progressives who want to control everyone else.

One thing is for sure, as an employer I can tell you it's absolutely true that over the last twenty years, the kids with H.S. Diploma's are less and less capable. I have second year College students applying that can't fill out an application and yet they get good grades. Can't read or follow instructions so the grades have to be faked. I've had two this year that brought their girlfriends to fill out their applications for them. Both in their second year of College and both claiming good grades. Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. Dumb does not lead to a good life. You can't fix dumb or hire them.

You sound like a good person. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

The simplicity of that line.. yet it say it all on the topic !! haha

2nd to add *I'm stealing the line btw

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How utterly stupid can people be... how many 7 year olds actually understand what sexual harresment is.

But putting the seriousness of this to one side, can't you say that he's training to be a TSA agent... after all they have to start somewhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here is the Supreme Law of the Land for the Great State of Missouri:

Missouri Constitution Article I Bill of Rights

Section 1:

Source of political power--origin, basis and aim of government.

Section 1. That all political power is vested in and derived from the people; that all government of right originates from the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the whole.

Was slandering your little boy and marking him a "sexual harasser" instituted for the good of the whole? Do the school officials realize that they work for you and not the other way around?

Section 2:

Promotion of general welfare--natural rights of persons--equality under the law--purpose of government.

Section 2. That all constitutional government is intended to promote the general welfare of the people; that all persons have a natural right to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness and the enjoyment of the gains of their own industry; that all persons are created equal and are entitled to equal rights and opportunity under the law; that to give security to these things is the principal office of government, and that when government does not confer this security, it fails in its chief design.

Has not the state failed in their design?

Section 3:

Powers of the people over internal affairs, constitution and form of government.
Section 3. That the people of this state have the inherent, sole and exclusive right to regulate the internal government and police thereof, and to alter and abolish their constitution and form of government whenever they may deem it necessary to their safety and happiness, provided such change be not repugnant to the Constitution of the United States.

You've been given an opportunity to regulate these clowns...will you?

Section 8:

Freedom of speech--evidence of truth in defamation actions--province of jury.

Section 8. That no law shall be passed impairing the freedom of speech, no matter by what means communicated: that every person shall be free to say, write or publish, or otherwise communicate whatever he will on any subject, being responsible for all abuses of that liberty; and that in all suits and prosecutions for libel or slander the truth thereof may be given in evidence; and in suits and prosecutions for libel the jury, under the direction of the court, shall determine the law and the facts.

Let those clowns prove in a court of law that your son "sexually harassed" a little girl. Let them prove it, not make allegations of it and call that proof, but actually prove this!

Section 31:

Fines or imprisonments fixed by administrative agencies.
Section 31. That no law shall delegate to any commission, bureau, board or other administrative agency authority to make any rule fixing a fine or imprisonment as punishment for its violation.

I am still unclear what "DFS" is, but in the State of Missouri there is a DSS, or Department of Social Services, which is undeniably an administrative agency.

These tyrants have grown because we've let them grow. Standing tall against tyranny is no less frightening than cowering before it, but the consequences of standing tall are preferable to cowering.

Edit to Add: I just read Aquarius' post about DFS. Thank you for the clarification.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boohoo

Stop spamming your posts!!!!!!!! SO ANNOYING and helps no one,
what are you, trying to get your post count up?! On this site of alot of
smart people when they see something they already read in the same
thread keep coming up they probably think you have memory loss
or something and don't wanna really give your post the credit it deserves,
or any other they see for that matter as alot of us have a d*m* good memory.
At least that's always what I think.

To OP I honestly don't know what to say, i'm actually angry for you, I cant
believe that is actually happening.. What has this world come to when kids
get into trouble for being kids. Your poor son I feel bad for him in this situation
I really hope you get everything figured out, best of luck. :\

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Get the full story first, then react and make your decisions accordingly, is the moral to this post.

edit on 4/25/2012 by UberL33t because: punc.

He is a 7 year old boy probably No Angel as are most 7 year olds and No sexual predator I would ask the question is the girl being punished for indecent exposure and are her parents being investigated for failing to provide clothes that fit this is completely redeculouse and it is such a shame you and your family have to go through this
keep youre head held high its the school that should be ashamed

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A day never goes by that there is not a story proving my contention that the Human Species is Indeed Insane!

And they seem to get insaner as time goes by.

Those who do have some semblance of Sanity need to get together to inject some reason into our society.
This PC stuff is total mental/emotional Tyranny.
Some of you certainly attend various meetings/ social clubs where you can air your concerns and greivances.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thank you for the compliment.

The reason you have job applicants who are functionally illiterate? Social promotion.

Social promotion is a HUGE problem. For example: a child falls behind in first grade. She's not reading on grade level, has difficulty with the math, etc. The teacher recommends to the parents that the child be retained. Why? Children mature differently. Many times, giving the child an extra year of the basics will do wonders. I've seen it happen many times.

But the parents might not agree. And if the parents raise a big enough stink...the child is promoted. She continues to fall further behind, but no one wants to fail a child in middle school bc that would be socially demeaning.

I mentioned earlier that my son is having a rough year in kindergarten. I had to tell the administration to retain him; they wanted to send him to first. I know he's not mature enough for first grade, plus I want to give him an extra year of speech therapy. Not an easy decision, but one that I believe is in my son's best interest.

One more thing. No Child Left Behind should read No Child Gets Ahead.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Little kids are always obsessed about private parts, so most likely this girl was the talk of the class, and considerable gossip and teasing, and the teacher should have been aware of it, and failed to act. This is probably the real issue, and possibly an ongoing problem.

Sounds to me like all your son did was demonstrate himself to be the alpha male, and did what all the others talked about doing.

Clearly the school is not acting rationally, unless there is a lot more to this story.

Its not up to this little "alpha male" to put his hands on any others persons pants period. Are you saying that he was justified in his agressive behavour of yanking up this girls pants? Couldnt he have asked her to do it if he thought it was "so disgusting".
And are you also advocating that if the teacher fails to act on a particular matter it's ok for the students to just up and act in her stead?
What kind of school did you go to?

Is anyone here thinking what this little girl experienced? A boy just comes up to her and yanks at her pants? Yeah, try that with me and see what you get.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hi all, and thank you for the replies, advice and support. We are going in tomorrow morning to speak with the principle and see if we can out more about what happened. To our knowledge there werent any witnesses, the little girl told a teacher. I have already been in touch with a few lawyers, I hope I dont need them, but we will see.

I will update here when I find out more, hopefully I will have some good news.

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Charlie99909

My son was told the same thing when he hugged a baby while he was in day care. He was three years old at the time. That was stupid. This maybe we need more info.
A boy yanked at this girls clothing. He had no right to put his hands on her at all and his actions were agressive.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join