It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Help With My Cat Ra And Opinions On My Problem With Him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Okay to start this thing off my mother whom I live with is a cat lover. My moms bf is a cat hater and is also rascist, a jerk, and can be very rude. Well this cat came to my house one night and when it first came to me the poor thing was skinny and you could not only "SEE" its ribs but you could feel them. Now... I do beleive someone may have been feeding this cat off and on because it wasn't deathly skinny but yeah.... I figured it was no ones cat because I've never seen it before in our neighborhood. Well I plan to go out either today after work or tomorrow to ask around the neighborhood and see if it is anyones cat to avoid legal issues. My thing is they don't want the thing indoors and they say its cruel to keep it locked up only at night time in a cage. Well if it were up to me I'd keep it in a bathroom or something but it is a male thats not neurtered so I can see how it could spray.

Well so I started keeping it in a cage and letting it out at Dawn. Is that really inhumane? When I keep food and water in its cage too? I've read online where others have done the same thing.... but I want ya'lls opinion. The other thing is.... I got the cat a flea collar and I feed it outside.. it prefers eating outside. My mom and them say I'm baiting the cat and are paranoid the real owner may be video taping me and even went so far last night as to talk about rabies and not "CAT" rabies freaken dog rabies. Yes... how dogs got rabies not cats and how if a dog bit me I could get it.

Well.... okay.... and then as a last straw after being so rude ((There was cussing here)) he said do I want to go smell his trailer? To point things out here he has three dogs living at our place outside and yes he lets one of his mutts in our house when it is clear my grandparents don't want it inside the house. To boot at his trailer he previously had four dogs living in there before he gave one of them away and before that he had five or six there in the very beginning so yeah..... Well.... that didn't have anything to do with the subject at hand. When I ignored him he said he wont ever do anything for me ever again and not to ask. Well.... so now I can't rely on my parents for information... after he also blantantly called me stupid without saying it by asking if I knew anything about animals. Well.... thats why you learn.... but okay.... so yeah. What are ya'lls opinons? Can I get some help here? I've already spent seventy two bucks on this cat all together. So yeah.... opinions and information on if its really cruel to keep the animal caged for one night and other things I can do would help. Just be aware I'm on a tight budget.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: More info needed

edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: Separated the paragraphs

edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: Separated the paragraphs again

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think you are alright mate. Your rents sound super paranoid though...they think that the owner is video taping you? that's odd, but to me it sounds like the cat is much better off in your hands than the previous owner. I ran into a similar situation with two cats where I had to keep them in my room an awful lot because they were not yet fixed. It's hard to feel like you are doing the right thing when everyone else is telling you you are doing the wrong thing, but not putting forth any suggestions. Pets are definitely a learning experience and it is good for you to have your first cat as one off the streets because I am sure that cat is better off now than out on the streets. You did a good thing friend.

-Cheers
edit on 25-4-2012 by xZodiacx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think is very compassionate of you to want to help this kitty. It may be someone's pet, or a stray. Given the situation that it's not your home, and you live under the rules of the home owner, I also think it best if you don't find the owner, to take it to a no-kill shelter for re-homing.

To be honest, it sounds as if there are already a lot of people and animals living at your home. The kitty, an un-neutered male, would not be an easy addition to the mix. I know you want to keep him, but it's probably best for him to find a home where he doesn't already have so much going against him from the get-go. You aren't going to be able make people who don't want him there, change their minds. It's cruel to keep him in a cage, imoho.

The kitty will need shots, neutering, food...this will cost a lot of money....to take care of him properly. I know you feel sorry for him...but, you may need to pass him on to people who are in a better position to take total care of him, and provide him with a stress free home. Keep that soft place for kitties in your heart. Someday you'll have your own home, and will be able to have a kitty on the right terms.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

Yeah and it hurts because this cat kind of chose me. I appreciate it but its aggravating me to no end that they and my moms grandparents just want me to let it roam the streets at night ect. It really is a sweet male cat and when I got up for work this morning it was gone and not in the bushes in front of my house like it usually is. Makes me kind of worried about it you know? But yeah tell me about that odd part with the video taping ect. I just think they are afraid I'm going to wind up in jail ect. because the real owner may come forward and in the end take them down with me. Plus I want to eventually get the poor thing a better cage. A bigger one.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I can understand this the thing is ... I'm a very spiritual person, and recently one of my spiritual mentors who also has amazing future readings told me to keep it at all costs. So giving it up really isn't an option although I can see the smarts in it. Also if it were up to me I wouldn't keep it caged ect. I appreciate your offer / information / concern though.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: Had to fix an error

edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: More info added

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rishiana

I can understand this the thing is ... I'm a very spiritual person, and recently one of my spiritual mentors who also has amazing future readings told me to keep it at all costs. So giving it up really isn't an option although I can see the smarts in it. Also if it were up to me I wouldn't keep it caged ect. I appreciate your offer / information / concern though.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: Had to fix an error

Then your mentor should provide both you, and Ra a home, and all the money it will take to provide a good home for him.

Do you see the logic in this? Your mentor is not taking into consideration, the realities of your situation.

A caged cat, especially a male not neutered, is cruel. Ask your mentor about that. If they are truly a spiritually connected person, they should be able to divine the feelings of the kitty.

Des

edit on 25-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yes, yes I can understand this. Things are very complicated at the moment and I'm hoping to get it a bigger cage and possibly if I can, find it some way to eventually have some free roam of the house.... ect. I can see things clearly and I'm thinking of not me but both interests but when the things clash and this mentor has "NEVER" been wrong. For example one year later everything he told me in the past ended up leading to a warning he gave me.... yeah..... so I'll take this with a grain of salt and try to incorporate it. Perhaps I can get an outside cage if I can save up money and the pet truly doesn't belong to anyone ect. But I think I've already fubbarred myself with his help. I just need to work out my options ect.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rishiana

I don't think there is a crime for taking an animal in from the streets that seemed to have malnutrition. If anything the previous owner will be locked up for animal cruelty for not feeding the poor thing! I'm guessing though that neither sides will go through any legal issues. Usually when an owner drops a cat off somewhere, they do not want it. As far as it running away from an owner, the owner may be happy that someone took it in rather than having it die out in the wild. Like I said you did a good thing, but Des may be right. Cats are not cheap: some 200 for shots, fixing, and dis-temperament. Then you also have food every other week for 10 bucks or so. You may be better off giving it to a friend or something who's situation is more fitting for an animal. That way you could still see the little fella.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

Yeah I can understand all this but where I live we have the shots to give a cat or dog for under nine to ten bucks ourselves. We also have ways of doing other things. But yeah... if I give it up I just know my life will be worse off then without it. I'm a very depressed and suicidal individual who sleeps all day and stays up all night. I never had a reason to get out of bed or do anything during the day. FOR ME.... that is. I do everything for everyone else and its like the one time something good comes into my lap once again I'm bombarded by bs. ~Sighs~ If I give it up I'll just go back to my normal habits. I was starting to sleep well too.... my stress levels were going down. I was thinking with a clearer head and actually doing something to keep myself busy and motivate me to do chores for the bastards. Yeah.... I know it seems like I'm using the cat as a crutch but.... it was a learning experience and the first time I was feeling a great sense of confidence. But now.... stuff just ..... well like last night for example.

After they threw the poor thing out the door I couldn't sleep till one in the morning. I am at work right now and I wasn't even my normal fake cheerful self. I actually made no effort to do a thing for anyone or put on a fake smile just to please someone and get them off my back. This cat was healthy for me.... I grew up without a mother half my life even though she was there and I never had a dad and I never had support from any of my family members it feels like. I still don't have it and if I give this up I'll just keep going into limbo. Its a way bigger issue then just the cat.... its also me. I know I should do all this but I also see that I need the cat as it needs me. I can go ahead and give it up, see it... but.... my abilities as a spiritualist go far beyond normal. I can see spirits and shadows and one night sitting outside I saw a man with long silver hair and red eyes who was almost fully transparent with a chain like sickle coming towards me. This cat was on my lap and growled at it and it vanished after seeing it. Yes.... its also no ordinary cat. But I must seem crazy by now. Its just not a normal situation.... ~Sigh~

edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: Separated the paragraphs

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I send Prayers for you and Ra. I'm in no position to say if you two are meant to help each other on a journey. But I wish you well. Safe Journey...

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thanks I appreciate it and its really hard on me when in any normal circumstance I'd give Ra to a better home cause I truly care for him. Its just like I said.... I know there is a reason he is here and thats why I'm here trying my hardest to search for better solutions.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I dont think its necessary to cage him, if you just feed him and let him come and go as he pleases your not doing him an injustice.
Cats like to roam as its in their nature, if they arent used to being locked up or even indoors from a young age it can stress them out.

If you have the finances keep feeding him and if possible get him wormed.

As an animal lover myself who has rescued several strays I applaud your compassion

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Know what I may just do that... though I don't like the thought of letting him wander around aimlessly at night. It worries me to no end ~Sigh~ I hear him getting into a bunch of fights at night so yeah.....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Know what I may just do that... though I don't like the thought of letting him wander around aimlessly at night. It worries me to no end ~Sigh~ I hear him getting into a bunch of fights at night so yeah.....

LOL I hear ya,

If hes a tomcat whos fullygrown hes probably had his fair share of fights and knows how to handle himself,
If you keep feeding him he will decide your place is his territory and wont roam so far, most likely less than 30 metres from the house.

If he is a stray he will appreciate the easy life and settle down fairly soon

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

LOL I hear ya,

If hes a tomcat whos fullygrown hes probably had his fair share of fights and knows how to handle himself,
If you keep feeding him he will decide your place is his territory and wont roam so far, most likely less than 30 metres from the house.

If he is a stray he will appreciate the easy life and settle down fairly soon
Know what you may be right and aren't you on my friends list here? If not wanna be friends and you can help me with the talk of letting my cat be an outside cat? I love my Ra kitty and I already have a strong bond with him. ~Sigh~ If anything happened to him someone from the heavens would have to hold me back from wanting to.... ~Inserts a bunch of obscene grotesque scenes into the picture~ and hanging them on the wall ^_^ Yeah...... mine... well... my mentors in a sense but... for now mine.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Friends we are

by letting him come and go as he pleases you dont have a pet you have a companion, much more special and meaningful than having a creature that doesnt have a choice whether to spend time with you or not.

Just try and feed him at a consistent time and hell get the idea, who knows the step dad may even come to like him in time

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You are not doing anything wrong. If this cat had an owner that fed him 1) he would not be so skinny and 2) he would not be chowing down on the food you give him if he was fed elsewhere. As for anyone laying claim on the cat. I doubt there is an owner, but if there was, dispute his claim to ownership and tell him their is no way you will give the cat to someone who is starving him. In my community it is law to get your cat fixed so you could take his name and report him for breaking the law and cruelty to animals. Do not give anybody that cat, don't called PETA unless you want a dead cat.

As for cruel to cage a cat at night. Heck, if it was cruel kitty would not return.

Somewhere down the road, you really should get him to a veterinarian. He probably has worms and the neutering thing will help, not to mention rabies and distemper shots

I think your mom and her BF are trying to dissuade you from cat ownership with some lame excuses.

My son works at a small airport and they have a wild cat that they feed. Giving an animal something to help it live is better than letting it starve.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Okay and hopefully. Yeah and I think your right there. I genuinly want this cat happy. I am keeping it with a flea collar though. I would hate for it to have fleas... poor thing.... plus I want it as comfortable as it can be outside. I may also try giving it a bath with no water shampoo for cats. Then let it outside if no one claims the cat but keep it and feed it and water it and if it gets too cold bring it inside the house to be caged then.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Hey thanks and that very well could be true. I'm very much attached to this cat and surprisingly me and the cat understand each other. I can hear when it meows outside from my window where the laptop I use is. I go outside and I try to spend time with it and play with it. I hold it.... talk to it as if it were an individual and suprisingly it lets me know whens it hungry by meowing. Thing that makes me pissed off is that is exactly what I got from the situation Sad..... some lame bs excuses just so that they could have their dogs and an easy life ect. in their home.

All they said was the caging was cruel and I was baiting the cat. I was like ....... did you see what it was like before I started feeding it? Thats what was going through my head. The thing that really pissed me off is my mom who long ago previously owned a cat never spoke up on my behalf or in my defence.... or the poor cats defence. I even brought up it looked like no one had been hardly feeding it before and he just seemed to change the subject. Made me so mad I ignored him to avoid saying something stupid and cussing him out and getting myself kicked out of the house. He even had the nerve to call me out as me acting like his daughter whom I wont name who drinks, ((I drink once a year thank you and even then only one Smirnoff)), parties.... hangs out with the wrong crowd ((I'm home alone half the time with no friends or anybody but one or two friends who want to hang out with me once a month ect.)), and that I'm just like her. Well... as you can imagine.... I got pretty mad.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Rishiana because: Separated the paragraphs and more info added

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Gawd what carping
Belay the shots if the kitty is clsoe to a year old now...its probably run into anything it may get running around eating garbage anyways....(if you want to over indulge indeed get all the shots)
The night time cage is fine for petes sake...it wont be forever and its perfectly ok....
You are obliged to make an attempt to find the owner morally, but if the vcats been lost a while it may have been well fed before it got loose......so try a little.....
Its a cat, just take care of it....
You might want to spey it for both your sakes....
But no guarantees....Either keep it or do the right thing,
look for the owner and then keep it....Its your cat now, you took it on......finish the action.....
Alittle more positive movement and less self examination....do what comes naturally and it will work out the best....try not to over mentate in future...youll spoil some good memories.....
Get rid of that asshole boyfriend ,dont yer mom have a lick of sense?
The guys a looser.
You can tell her i said so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join