It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA Officer Who Destroyed Waterboarding Videos: Torturers "Disgusted" at Being Labeled "Tortur

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

So can we stop talking about your training as though its comparable to actual torture?

Sure, I'll stop if you will start every post on the subject with - "I have no clue what I am talking about but here is my opinion anyway...."

I have a frame of reference that you do not. YMMV I'm cool with that.

The training is real enough to elicit the desired result - of that I assure you.

If you want to gain some real information or experiance you can get some. The opportunity exists for everyone.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"rid of some ugly visuals.”

If waterboarding is not torture, what could be ugly about it?

I saw CIA alias "Jose Rodriguez" today.

He was on the CNN at McDonald's this morning. CNN is pushing his upcoming interview with Leslie Stahl. It should be a really funny interview. I know I can't wait to see it

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

Originally posted by daaskapital

Waterboarding is not even torture, I would file in under special investigative techniques

What is more humane? to send a person to military prison for 10 years on suspicion that that they are an enemy of the United States or to waterboard them for 10 minutes and find out if they are really telling the truth on not ?

edit on 25-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

Waterboarding has been proven many times to be an "effective torturing technique."

And, i would think that they would waterboard someone for more than 10 minutes.

I heard turning off the light for a prolonged period of time can be a torture technique as well, should we ban all light switches?

edit on 25-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

Seriously?? That's your argument?! No, I don't think we should ban light switches.. But I also don't think we should ban water. This is just so ridiculous, I hardly know how to respond.... Are you just trolling for the lulz? Ban lightswitches?
I could roll up a People magazine tightly and put it through your brain via the eyesocket, but that doesn't mean we are gonna ban magazines. People can be waterboarded, but we certainly aren't going to ban water! We won't even ban guns! It's HOW you USE these things that people have a problem with.. or didn't you know that? Let me put it in terms a kindergartener would understand. You can play with your toys, Johnny, but you have to play nicely. Treat others as you would like to be treated. And if you're in the CIA, you should have enough technology and intelligence and other powers at hand to be able to prove who should be charged and convicted of a crime. Not this "shotgunning" method of randomly torturing people you deem suspicious until you hit paydirt... Especially since that paydirt may just be "fool's gold", since we know people would rather confess in order to stop the torture. All that power, and technology, and an unlimited budget... And this is the best we can do? No, I believe this is all engineered on purpose to increase fear and hatred throughout the world. Then when America reaches its planned from the inside downfall, and millions of us are suffering, it will be hard for anyone to feel sorry for us, much like the Nazis after WW2. They had their concentration camps, we have our secret prisons with torture chambers. Along with whatever else is to follow.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

So can we stop talking about your training as though its comparable to actual torture?

Sure, I'll stop if you will start every post on the subject with - "I have no clue what I am talking about but here is my opinion anyway...."

The training is real enough to elicit the desired result - of that I assure you.

If you want to gain some real information or experiance you can get some. The opportunity exists for everyone.

Im sorry, but you are wrong. There is the psychological aspect of it all. Knowing that you were in training takes that aspect out of the equation.

So no, you do not know what it is ACTUALLY like to be tortured.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Ahhh yes, that is quite easy to say sitting in your home, with your computer, you food, your luxuries.

Its fun to talk about how easy these things are when you arent actually facing them, isnt it?

Ah, yes, it's easy to run your suck when you don't have a clue about the person that posted that, huh?

Sorry, Slick, but I've been waterboarded in SERE school. It was a lot easier to deal than having my nose broken.

That's fine, "slick", you still dont know what it is to actually be tortured. I dont care how much training you have gone through, as I said before, knowing that it is simply training changes the psychological aspect of it. Getting it done in training, knowing that it is only training, is a FAR cry from ACTUALLY being tortured.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

I have no clue what I am talking about but here is my opinion anyway...

If you have empathy, you automatically understand why torture is anathaema to our progress as a species. If you don't have empathy, you need to reconnect to it. It doesn't make you weak, it makes you human.

If you can torture someone without feeling their pain as your own, then you have lost your empathy and your humanity.

We are all one, what you do to another you do to yourself. If you don't understand that yet, don't worry, you will.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

That's fine, "slick", you still dont know what it is to actually be tortured.

Guess what? You sure don't.

I dont care how much training you have gone through, as I said before, knowing that it is simply training changes the psychological aspect of it. Getting it done in training, knowing that it is only training, is a FAR cry from ACTUALLY being tortured.

Right. In SERE, the instructor told us, "Hey, we can't kill you, but we can make sure you wish you were dead."

Then my nose was broken. Things sorta went downhill from there.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

same logic should apply to the terrorists, no?

they behead, we interrogate

which is more humane?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow. Well, I guess I must be "inhumane" if I agree that using water-boarding is perfectly fine when dealing with the types of sub-human vermin that cut the heads off of hostages then posted the videos on the internet from Iraq. Better grow some testicles folks, if you don't have the stomach to deal with what the intelligence community does to keep the nut-jobs from killing you, maybe you shouldn't read about it.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

same logic should apply to the terrorists, no?

they behead, we interrogate

which is more humane?

Neither and yes the same does apply to terrorists. If they had a thread trying to justify blowing people up I'd be saying the same thing.

But we can't control what the terrorists do, we can only control what we do. And we can do things that won't create more terrorists, but instead we torture them and redouble their resolve.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Wow. Well, I guess I must be "inhumane" if I agree that using water-boarding is perfectly fine when dealing with the types of sub-human vermin that cut the heads off of hostages then posted the videos on the internet from Iraq. Better grow some testicles folks, if you don't have the stomach to deal with what the intelligence community does to keep the nut-jobs from killing you, maybe you shouldn't read about it.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

Your mistake is thinking of them as sub-human and thinking they don't have reasons which to them are perfectly justifiable. Just as you can justify torture they can justify terrorism. Both sides are wrong of course.

Eye for an eye, do unto others, whatever. The point is someone has to take a stand and stop this insanity, or it will just keep getting worse.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

That's fine, "slick", you still dont know what it is to actually be tortured.

Guess what? You sure don't.

I dont care how much training you have gone through, as I said before, knowing that it is simply training changes the psychological aspect of it. Getting it done in training, knowing that it is only training, is a FAR cry from ACTUALLY being tortured.

Right. In SERE, the instructor told us, "Hey, we can't kill you, but we can make sure you wish you were dead."

Then my nose was broken. Things sorta went downhill from there.

1) you sure that I don't?

2) and by your own admission, what you went through was not torture, as you knew the purpose, outcome and method.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Anyone who does such barbaric and cowardly acts such as cutting the heads off of innocent hostages ARE sub human vile pieces of garbage, they represent a similar type of disgusting ideology as the nazi's; anyone who hasn't been brainwashed by the left wing MSM and is older than 14 years old would recognize this. However, if caught and information can be extracted from them before they are shipped off to Guantanamo Bay, so be it, after committing such acts I no longer view them as human beings.

Here's a question for all the bleeding hearts who feel pity for the poor terrorists getting water-boarded. If for example MI6 had credible information that islamic nut-jobs were preparing to have suicide bombers kill innocent civilians at the London Olympics during the opening ceremonies, would you use water-boarding to try and extract information form a suspect who was found with an explosive "vest" in his house? Would you want to save lives, or would you want the hatred to increase even more after such an attack?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
funny thing
GWB authorizes torture
torturers get caught and thrown in jail for carrying out GWB's directives
GWB says he would do it all over again...

this is A44 covering pure and simple..
BTW re a little green: the CIA has prisons in dope growing and prostitution hot spots...the planes used to fly rendition flights out and dope back have been busted on a few occasions...by the ton

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

most of the people in guantanamo are innocent and without due proccess
I hope those that think all the terrorists are on the "other side" get to experience this first hand some day for thier own edification

everyone knows torture only produces politically advantages copy never truthful intelligence
whats the name of that guy who they tortured till he admitted to blowing up buildings that weren't even built before he was arrested again?...Im sure you know it he is the poster child for turture

edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You didn't answer the question.

Line 2.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It also serves as an argument against Dick Cheney-approved use of coercive techniques: the lies that spilled out of KSM’s mouth as he was being tortured sent the CIA on goose chases across the globe

www2.macleans.ca...

say remeber the inquiisition?
there aren't any witches

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko

You didn't answer the question.

Line 2.

come and torture me
the facts show it doesn't deserve an answer
edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That's what I thought, carry on.

Line 2.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Pretty stupid question - if they'd caught the guy there'd be no need to torture him. But no, considering the amount of security they have at the Olympics I think I'd feel pretty safe. [Side note - I wouldn't go to the Olympics anyway, just a massive magnet for that kind of thing]. The intelligence has obviously paid off, now you know how they plan to attack so what would you gain from torture?

In the longer term, why don't we make them feel welcome at the Olympics rather than want to blow them up??

Here's a question for you then. Lets say one of Seal Team 6 who supposedly killed Osama got captured during the raid. Let's say Al Qaeda captured him. Is it fine for them to torture him to get more info about the Seal Team? Or do you view it differently now its the enemy doing it to one of yours?

Or how about if it was white US citizens from otherwise upstanding families and neighbourhoods, who were publicly respected that planned to bomb the olympics? Is torture ok for them or only for towelheads?

The fact is, people on both sides are brainwashed into believing they have to kill the other. You are a victim of that as much as they are, not to mention there is at LEAST as much blood on the hands of our armies as theirs.

Arguments about beheading and such go straight out the window when you look at the behaviour of coalition forces in Afghanistan of late. Fact is both sides commit attrocities against the other. If you want to point the finger and call them sub-human, look at your own soldiers who are acting like animals first.

Can't you see we are being played for fools?
edit on 30-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join