It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA Officer Who Destroyed Waterboarding Videos: Torturers "Disgusted" at Being Labeled "Tortur

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Ex-CIA Officer Who Destroyed Waterboarding Videos: Torturers "Disgusted" at Being Labeled "Torturers"

www.commondreams.org

Former CIA officer, Jose Rodriguez on waterboarding tape destruction: ‘Just getting rid of some ugly visuals’

The former CIA officer who ordered the destruction of videotaped interrogations which showed the torture of Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Nashiri in a secret CIA prison in Thailand in 2002, says he did so because he worried about the global repercussions if the footage leaked out and wanted to get "rid of some ugly visuals.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Do you see how the system works people?

Another class example.

You smoke a little green (not further named) herb, you get thrown in prison.

Yet when you torture ALLEGED terrorist victims it's ok for the PTB to:
1. get rid of the evidence
2. feel offended that someone calls them out on their sick practices.

he just got rid of the tape because of some ugly visuals.
that statement in itself tells us all we need to know.

soon this will be common practice on all of you americans thanks to the NDAA.

Bow for big brother you peasants!

Here a picture of the perp:

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-4-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised by this behavior? I mean obviously they are going to destroy evidence that would cause bad PR. The practice may not be ethical (I mean the destruction of tapes), but any organization in its right mind would follow in similar footsteps.

The American government is a prime example of hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
No supprise. These sick twisted FREAKS will do anything and everything they want, to get their way. And in a moment, no doubt they'll be people queing up to tell you how torture is justifiable and A-OK, as some little goverment booklet tells them this.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My mind is boggled.

That's like a hooker getting offended that you called her a whore.

/facepalm.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
His photo tells it all...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't know why this whole business makes me laugh. It's not really comical--it's more like Kafkaesque.

It's not just what this country has become because we weren't more watchful and proactive. It's the things being done in our name by people who actually have this whole rationale built up around their inhumane and criminal activities. It's that they're so... righteous about the whole thing. And then they feel assailed and persecuted and insulted at having been accused of gratuitous, overzealous inhumanity.

What's worse is that people at this guy's level in the game are not at a high enough level to be told who committed 9/11 and for what strategic purposes, and haven't enough imagination to figure it out for themselves. He'll be forever some benighted, self-righteous troll who thought he was doing the right thing....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Waterboarding is not even torture, I would file in under special investigative techniques

What is more humane? to send a person to military prison for 10 years on suspicion that that they are an enemy of the United States or to waterboard them for 10 minutes and find out if they are really telling the truth on not ?

edit on 25-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
Waterboarding is not even torture, I would file in under special investigative techniques

What is more humane? to send a person to military prison for 10 years on suspicion that that they are an enemy of the United States or to waterboard them for 10 minutes and find out if they are really telling the truth on not ?

Waterboarding has been proven many times to be an "effective torturing technique."

And, i would think that they would waterboard someone for more than 10 minutes.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

BS....

If I waterboarded you; I could get you to confess to anything I wanted. It's torture...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Waterboarding has been proven many times to be an "effective torturing technique."

And, i would think that they would waterboard someone for more than 10 minutes.

I heard turning off the light for a prolonged period of time can be a torture technique as well, should we ban all light switches?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Waterboarding was very popular amongst the Khmer Rouge,who we were all told were thoroughly evil for practicing such torture.
Now decades later,when its the USA who are doing it-we are supposed to believe its all good clean fun.

The fact this CIA guy destroyed the videos of waterboarding shows that he knew it was illegal torture.
We wouldn't want the Hague war crimes court to get hold of such evidence would we now?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

are you supercerial?

if so, that deserves one of these

*facepalm*

gimme 10 minutes with you and i'll make you confess to the 9-11 attacks.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

are you supercerial?

if so, that deserves one of these

*facepalm*

gimme 10 minutes with you and i'll make you confess to the 9-11 attacks.

Usually the CIA have a lot of information already confirming that the suspect is a terrorist, they use waterboarding to get more information out of them. In the unlikely scenario that they instead capture a normal civilian and waterboard them, it will come out rather quickly that the captured induvidial is not who they are looking for and then that individual will be released. Think of waterboarding as a quick differential test which does not cause permanent harm to the recipient

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Sounds like you have some experience...

Seriously though, you pretty much confirmed that it is a torturing technique through that comment.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Herein we have proof of the effectiveness of mass media manipulation.

We have a simple and clearly defined practice for dealing with people from whom we want information.

Some call it inhuman torture; some defend it as "not" torture., but a technique.

Some project their disagreement by characterizing those who call it an enhanced technique. by hyperbole.

Some project their disagreement with those calling it torture by..., hyperbole.

This is how the media leads us to the discussion.

The truth is this... at what point does a public servant get to unilaterally decide that "it's OK" to destroy the official record? And which public servants have the power to erase history - because it's not politically expedient?

Americans actually pay to go to be entertained by watching movies like "Human Centipede" and "Saw" ... exactly what pray tell, is an "ugly visual"?

Perhaps mercilessly persisting in evoking panic and distress in a fellow human being because you are righteously certain they deserve it?

Or perhaps it is the fact that such things are said and done that would cause us to go to war if it were done to one of our soldiers?

Maybe it was not so grotesquely torturous and they prefer we fear what it was by keeping it a secret.

We won't ever know.... because some politically-connected non-elected public servant decided for us...

When the BP shill trashed the incriminating emails... he was charged... when the CIA does it...they will be "rewarded"... one way or another.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
After all they've done to "protect" freedom.
Stooping so low for the cause and now we criticize them?
You heard Darth Cheney say we had to "work with the dark side".
Oh those poor CIA people.... [sarcasm off]

Hell must have a very special place set aside for them.

If not there is no justice in the afterlife.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Whatever happened to the view that torture only gets people to tell the torturer what they want to hear?
This was the view of the US security people until Bush came along,and changed it to "special investigative techniques."

I you were in fear of your life,I bet you would confess to anything to make the torture stop..

Just because the USA is doing it does not stop it from being torture...Think of the other lovely regimes who have used this technique-not only the Khmer Rouge,also those nice North Koreans,and the Spanish Inquisition(Both well known for extracting false confessions.)

It really amazes me that the US and its allies have got away with this for so long in this day and age.

Land of the free,who torture people to keep it that way...Hell Yeah!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Think of waterboarding as a quick differential test which does not cause permanent harm to the recipient

haha you are cerial, aren't you?

no i won't think of this like a differential test because it isn't, it's torture.

pretty plain and pretty simple.

what if they start using these 'techniques' (ahum: torture) on regular us citizens who brake the law.

to extract confessions?

Dear QQXXw, were you speading?

- no sir, i was not.

*blurp blurp blurp*

I'll ask you again nicely, were you speading?

- no sir, i really was not.

* blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp*

QQXXw were you speading?

- yes sir, i was doing a 100 miles in a 30 mile zone!

nuff said.

like i said before, gimme 10 minutes with you and the waterboarding 'technique' and i'll make you confess to 9-11.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I imagine many German people thought the same thing in retrospect. The simpleness of humans is unbelievable. The only faith I have is the corruption of man to do bad since I myself have fallen into that trap before when I was younger. Now, I know better and I am more watchful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join