It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest of BP Engineer Beginning or End of Gulf Disaster Criminal Liability?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Arrest of BP Engineer Beginning or End of Gulf Disaster Criminal Liability?

www.commondreams.org

Kurt Mix, a drilling and project engineer on BP's Deepwater Horizon, has been charged with obstruction of justice for deleting a string of texts that detailed the failed efforts to plug the oil leak which ultimately spilled millions of gallons of oil and natural gas into the Gulf of Mexico in 2010. The content of the messages -- which were recovered by investigators -- also tell a tale of how BP's public statements at the time of the ongoing crisis were not in line with the internal information that company employees, like Mix, were sharing with their superiors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I sure hope this is the beginning of a lot of arrests.

Let the people ultimately responsible for this disaster and the handling of said disaster be brought to trail.

Maybe the corexit, which was used to 'solve' the issue, more damaging than the spill itself.

Let them set an example and show that these high executives with overinflated salaries aren't untouchable.

Former BP engineer Kurt Mix leaves the federal courthouse in Houston. (Pat Sullivan, Associated Press / April 24, 2012)

The same should be done for the TEPCO guys and the Fukushima disaster.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-4-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
TEPCO should not bear any responsibility for the damage an earthquake and Tsunami did, in any case, we should be decreasing our reliance on oil and expanding our reliance on Nuclear power

edit on 25-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So how did he know his personal cellphone texts would be evidence? Perhaps his phone crashed? or he just was clearing out the text messages as they do tend to build up and slow things down over time on the phones. Plus the texts are available directly with the wireless provider regardless so technically they were not destroyed...

To think someone could get so much jail time over deleting a few text messages on a device, whose contents were not secret. Especially considering the text messages were received by another party, meaning there were 2 copies of the text messages. So the assumption would be that the supervisor receiving the messages would have archived them on their end.

Seems like a waste of time and money, I wish they would go after the ones who really did commit the crime.
edit on 25-4-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
BP should pay for what they did, not trying to blame the workers. Surely the engineer got well paid to admit the accusations.

All in all, BP (and others) should also stop suppressing oil free technologies. Thats where all mess starts.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The typical outcome is that a couple of underlings will be sacrificed to the greater good, and the big boys will walk away with all their winnings.

I expect the sacrificial lambs will be well-compensated for their sacrifice--but, then again, maybe not. But that will pretty much be the end of it. There will be the usual hand-wringing from all those who want to see justice done; they'll point out that scapegoats were found; they'll blog and flail around and try to get someone to take them seriously--they'll even dig up the dirt that points to the real culprits. But it won't matter....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think some are afraid to come forward because people that don't lie.....are dead **Forget about it **

bpwhistleblowers.blogspot.com...

wakeup-world.com...

I just now spent 40 mins trying to find this video even an article on this woman that took a walk along the shore line where she lived and months later she was dead. She made a video before her death concerning the corruption behind the spill and how she was literally treated less then by her Doc's and ect. She knew it was a cover- up and she knew the people that killed her and she knew....... She couldn't do a thing about it. It was soooooo sad.

In Google search I put the " key words" BP Oil Spill, 2010, illness, people,woman,death,mystery.....and not one story could I find. If people aren't dying from the spill, which I believe without a doubt they are, I should have at least found that woman's story. I even did an extensive search on youTube.....nothing!!! Not ONE story on people sick illness mystery, BP oil,......nothing

Nothing.... So..either my key words suck or....someone's killing the stories or burying them to the back of search. With those key words I should have found something on the first page.....

Btw OP..thank-you for the News....is that you on your Avatar? Nice pic

To the post above me...(star) you said for the greater good...what's the greater good..?
In conclusion to your post...our Gov is so corrupt...there isn't a thing we can do about it.....look at the good guys....dead

edit on 25-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How can anyone be arrested for the BP oil spill? Its not like it was intentional. People make mistakes. I know this is about the text messages, but I have a feeling they're just looking for someone to blame and using the text message reason to put someone in jail for the oil spill itself.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The cor-exit used at the oil volcano was infinitely worse than the black crude. You can simply scope-up the oil with lots of man hours and a huge budget. The damage from oil is never permanent, nor does it affect the enviroment as catastrophically as the banned cor-exit.

I am not holding my breath for any real justice though, just lots of scapegoating, as the shareholder is always right in capitalism.
Let the kangaroo courts commense.........

edit on 4/25/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: changed content to be on-topic.

top topics

join