It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Murder of Fred Hampton

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

And that's why he came to national promonance right. He was a nobody before he was talking to King when he was killed.I was around then and nobody knew who he was until that fateful night.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, welcome to 50 years ago. What are you going to do, assuming your theory is correct? Dig up Hoover and try his corpse?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
Well, welcome to 50 years ago. What are you going to do, assuming your theory is correct? Dig up Hoover and try his corpse?

If you don't like or care about what happened all those years ago.... Perhaps you should avoid threads such as this one. It's for those who do care, for those who do feel like It's important, It's for those who do actually enjoy learning about our history and so on.

Thread's like this from me will continue, always..

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I canot find enough words to praise this thread....outstanding as usual!! ♥♥♥
I recently saw a decent movie about the founders of the Panthers which opened my eyes...
Panther (1995)
edit on 4/26/2012 by SmokeyDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Originally posted by tangonine

If you don't like or care about what happened all those years ago.... Perhaps you should avoid threads such as this one. It's for those who do care, for those who do feel like It's important, It's for those who do actually enjoy learning about our history and so on.

Thread's like this from me will continue, always..

Unfortunately, I believe you're correct.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm a Caucasian male and yet I'm fascinated by Fred Hampton, the Black Panther movement, Civil rights, Luther king and so on and on. Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with anything here and I don't see why It's been brought up by you in such a way.
reply to post by Rising Against

See this is what I can not stand in life today.....THE BLACK PANTHER movement WAS about SKIN color originally!!! They did not call themselves the PINK PANTHER movement....they called themselves the BLACK panther movement for a reason. THey were black and they preached for black people NOT for AMERICANS. In this day and age people get so hung up on color of skin when really we are all just as crap as the next person.

The Black Panther party was an AFRICAN american group. You had to be BLACK to become a part of it. So it is ALWAYS about SKIN color with them...... Skin color was THEIR political motivation. It was their underbelly. IT was purely about BLACK POWER and its struggle in America.

A duck is a duck is a duck.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to share this story with truth seekers who were previously unawares.

I do hope that reading this thread helps people to identify ONE thing (or at least plants the seed) : African Americans , as a people, have been purposely attacked and kept from the upper of paradigms of power for a reason.

Civil Rights in the United states was unlike anything the world has seen as far as a completely "second class" group of citizens gaining rights by civil disobeidience is such a SHORT amont of time. However , the dream was not completely developed as systematically the leaders where killed and assinated. This is the reason the black comunity runs to and fro in a state of orphan like confusion.

You complain about blacks on federal aide? : See The Black Panthers and Marcus Garvey en.wikipedia.org... who spoke of self-sustainable communities

You complain about blacks not wanting to assimilate? : See MLK , painted as a "communist" and taken out

You talk about drugs: Iran Contra

Let's be honest that there is a systematic attack on the black (african american) mind.
edit on 26-4-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This thread was awsome on so many levels.
It spot lighted one of my favorite human beings and a group I admire.
It covered the little known of daddy of the patriot act.
And it illustrated what this place always has and will do to anyone fighting for real change in the world order.
It shows that the propaganda war against them was succesfull in shaping popular opinion against them.
What alot of us should take away from this is the fact that with the government veiwing most people now as the treat what means would the employ on us?
Bravo op bravo

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by Aleister

And that's why he came to national promonance right. He was a nobody before he was talking to King when he was killed.I was around then and nobody knew who he was until that fateful night.

We're talking about Jesse Jackson here. I totally agree, Jackson had ambition as one of his priorities from the start, and when King was killed and he held his body to his chest, getting blood all over his shirt, he wore the shirt (ala Jackie Kennedy when she wanted the world to see the blood on her pink dress) to a press conference the next day in Chicago (King was killed in Memphis, Tennessee, for those who don't know and need geographical bearings).

But for a couple of years there Jesse Jackson was on the SCLC team, traveling with the group, attending the meetings. His biggest contribution by far in those years was acting as a fundraiser during the 1966 Open Housing Movement and during the period that the upper-tier of SCLC worked on the antiwar movement (the funds dried up from traditional sources during their short-lived attempt to stop the war, so other sources in the black community had to be found, something Jackson was good at then and now).

Jackson then tried and succeeded in becoming "the black movement guy" in the media. The media abhors a vacuum, and they and Jesse Jackson combined to make him the next-media darling of the black movement. And to his credit, he did oppose King's participation in the Memphis garbage strike protests, and joined others in trying to talk him into not going there. After King's death Jackson also became the unofficial "mayor" of the unsuccessful Poor People's Campaign in Washington D.C.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

They egsisted in a time when blacks,because of race, were being systematicaly persecuted.
They understood the power of unifing our community along.the lines of the reason for this persecution.
If you ever study their movement you would find that they were not anti-white but anti-imperiolistic government
and oppression.
They worked with diffent civil rights groups and saw the struggle as being bigger then civil rights and was one of human rights.
As far as being millitant, what would you be if you knew violence was a tool used against you and people like you on a regular basis?
They had already shone that they would kill to protect the statis quo.
Selfdefence against anyone or thing is a human right.
MLK was all about peace and everytime he marched he got brutilized.
Im all about peace but if you hit me with a stick or sic a dog on me im going to defend myself.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Great thread, I was very pleased to see an article about Fred Hampton. When I was younger, all I heard was that the BPP was a racist group. They were even described as a black KKK. One of the first real truths I heard about the BPP was when a friend told me about Fred Hampton. I've since done a lot of research and learned that the truth is nothing like what is being told to us...as usual. The original BPP is nothing like this abomination that parades around nowadays, it was a positive organization that did great things such as free meals, education, legal help, medical aide, etc. They weren't anti-white, in fact they worked very closely with white people, such as Bob Avakian. There's no doubt that they devolved into a band of thugs, coincidentally after the government launched their war against the BPP, notably arresting, harassing, and/or murdering the leadership. Hoover himself said that the real threat to the USA wasn't the guns but the free breakfast programs for children. People like to demonize the entire BPP because of the idiots who were either members or associated with it, that did bad things. Just like every large group consisting of human beings (cops, teachers, firemen, doctors, etc.) there will always be bad people among the ranks. However, there's no denying the good things they did.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Crackavelli

That truly is a great, and all-truthful post and I thank you for taking the time out to write it.

Sure, there were some "bad" individuals in the BPP, just as there's bad individuals in all walks of life, as you so rightly pointed out. The police, firemen, etc. etc. I think I'm more than save in saying though that focusing on those bad individuals certainly was no coincidence. This group was demonized, wrongly demonized and all in equality. Just disgusting to know this is apart of our history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join