It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Definitely sharks with laser beams.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I highly doubt that this is N Korean propaganda. It sounds a lot more like U.S./ New World Order propaganda. What sense would it possibly make for N.Korea to make such a ridiculous claim? Why would a country with ability to decimate the U.S. show their hand? They wouldn't. However, anytime the U.S. New World Order decides it wants to invade and occupy another country they often manufacture threats against the U.S or U.S. interests. Check your history.

This is an interesting story yet it is clearly just propaganda form the North Korean’s, I would imagine it’s just a message to appease the people of North Korea rather than a real threat. However it does seem to show that the new regime is beginning to speak out against America with the rhetoric of war although I personally don’t think it’s time for anyone to start worrying about war just yet.

I do wonder however what these weapons are that the North Korean’s are claiming to have.

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-4-2012 by AMajor7 because: Hit reply before replying

edit on 26-4-2012 by AMajor7 because: add something.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Such ridiculous propaganda. The chances that North Korea created a weapon that we either hadn't already had for ages or already have a counter to is hilarious, absurd and a waste of time to think about.

The North Koreans think they are good at propaganda, which is also hilarious. The only people STUPID enough to listen to any of it are their own people, and most of them only listen because they are AFRAID not too.

I think its a shame that in the year 2012 the world still has to deal with jokers at this level.

Here is a country that can't even put satellites into orbit yet people are throwing around EMP? Get real folks.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
North Korea can Barely afford to blow it's own nose, let alone the American army.

This is nothing more than propaganda aimed at north Koreans.

ALS

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This is a "FUN" topic to talk about but on a purely logistical basis, North Korea, if it attacks the west,
would face NOT ONLY the United States but also AUTOMATICALLY face the wrath of NATO which
includes JAPAN (which is the worlds 3rd largest military spending-wise), South Korea, Britain, France,
Germany, Canada and WOULD LIKELY include the later-on addition of RUSSIA and CHINA. These are
not insignificant military forces.

Even the SMALLEST military of those listed (Canada) has 50,000 battle-ready troops
and 120 CF-18 fighter/bombers able to be deployed. Combine the might of the
USA and all the others, North Korea would face quite the military backlash!

===

On a secondary note, once North Korean nukes go off in a deliberate attack...ALL BETS ARE OFF !!!!

It's TOTAL DESTRUCTION TIME for North Korea...I can assure you that CHINA would send
over 30 million troops in within HOURS of any such attack!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If they could actually do it...

They would have done it.

It's North Korea. They can't. Their people survive because WE give them food.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

All I can say to North Korea is that their national song should have been by the Everly Brothers, "Dream". It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Their people are literally starving to death, and they spend money building paper mache mockups of "weapons" that are such a joke, that no one could possibly take them seriously.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

What could North Korea Do? How about "Air bursts of atomic weapons" - ACTUALLY NO that wouldn't work!

You probably don't know this, but the USA has ALREADY detonated over 30 nuclear weapons
IN-AIR at high-altitude during the 1950's and 1960's and most were in the 5 to 80 kiloton range
with a few in the MULTI-MEGATON RANGE...Those really didn't do a thing to our shores and
since North Korea's Nukes are likely in the 10 to 25 kiloton range, an EMP burst of that size
simply won't work to disrupt our electronic systems.

To get BIG nukes one must do multi-staging and nuclear lensing where multiple explosions
prime further nuclear reactions to create ever-greater fusion reaction events. The two-stage
ovaloid-enclosures of the USA's 375 kiloton W-88 nuclear weapon does this which also allows
VARIABLE YIELD possibilities.

There is no theoretical limit to multi-staging and such weapons HAVE BEEN designed into
the TERATON RANGE or ONE TRILLION TONS OF TNT...basically PLANET-BUSTERS with
enough fire-power to SPLIT OPEN ENTIRE CONTINENTS exposing the Earth's mantle and
dooming us all !!!!!!!!

North Korea has a FAR-LONG ROAD ahead in order to master large-yield nuclear multi-staging
and lensing techniques....they just don't have the computer horsepower or the personnel to design
such systems nor the basic abilities to simulate such high-yield devices...ONLY the USA, RUSSIA,
CHINA and JAPAN have such technical expertise.

===

On a technical level, I can suggest MUCH SIMPLER destructive devices which could be used
against North Korea in the event of a war. That new US Air Force space shuttle X-37 can
carry over 5000 lbs into high orbit so just insert large high-temperature ceramic-coated
pointy tungsten slug into it's carry-bay and attach large rocket motor to its rear end...then point
at NK from 22,000 miles up and accelerate to 17,000 KMH...and let kinetic energy create
very large 1000 metre wide crater in the centre of Pyongyang...rinse and repeat operation
until MANY 1000 metre wide craters are impacted upon large areas of North Korea.
PROBLEM SOLVED with NO irradiated environment damage done !!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Uh, wow. Hate much? If you're from here, you may move at any time to any location outside the U.S. Otherwise, where are you from so I can hate on you...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

These guys are so used to having their fairy tales believed by their own people, that I believe they truly expect us to buy the same crap.

Khar

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
I'm not saying its true, but it wouldn't be so far-fetched to believe what they're saying about how the US is plotting a war against North Korea. Its just history repeating itself, again. But I'm sure there are many other factors involved here.

Dictators are usually extremely paranoid. I wonder why.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Dear China.

Please put a muzzle on your dog.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What if all these years they have had the ability to make nukes the reason they have made so few is because they have been making one huge one and they have something like the tsar bomba? I know it would be near impossible to deliver, but what if they were making one?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, North Korea is just trying to compensate. Most likely just another fear tactic, as they seem to be running low these days. Didn't N.K just have a failed missile launch?
Bring it on, we got lightsabers

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
if N.Korea was such a threat or if they were even romotely capable of launching a missle or doing any sort of damage...... the U.S would have deffo done something already. They're bullys and like to flex false muscle. if they were such a threat then maybe the missle they launched actually would have done what it was supposed to instead of turning out to be an EPIC FAIL!!! When i heard what happened for some reason that music from the Price is Right played in my head when someone loses on the show, ya know...BUM-BUM-BAH-BUUUUUUUUM...WAAAHHHHHHHHH! LMAO!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ever watch the movie 'Dispicable me'? They deffinately have the shrink ray.. Sorry had to go there

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As much as I find this thread amusing, but far to many of you seem to think NK is going to fire a missile, or launch some ultra high tech dream machine that only the US wastes their time with. You all seem to forget how easy people are to kill. Some times the most devastating attacks, are of the lowest level technology. Every day shipping containers pour in and out of the US, thousands of airplanes fly in and out of the country. I do not know where NK sits technologically, between the propaganda from both sides and a soviet-esque No out side communication policy we really have no clue. I remember reading articles of a new disease breaking out in asia, how hard is it to find people with this disease and send em to the US? Low level biological warfare. For god sacks they could just send the most disease ridden prostitutes to china to rub themselves on produce bound for the US it's really not hard to get things by in the high tech world. Especially when all the dumb asses in TSA are looking for Bombs, knives guns and paper clips. A living breathing being is the ultimate in Biological warfare. How do you catch someone who isn't showing symptoms of a potentially lethal disease from coming in. All he has to do is land on the soil and interact with one individual. Not to mention shipping containers full of " Refugees" pop up all over the globe all the time, think of all those that don't get caught or discovered? How do you beat a technological super power? Don't play his game. Your game, your rules. I could think of many low tech solutions to attack the US many of which may get me on a watch list If I'm not already. So many simple but potentially devastating things are completely overlooked in modern society. It's actually quite disturbing how focused we've become on a threat being a nuke or other sci-fi weapon.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why was my post deleted? I was only saying I think most NK generals and Kim Jong Un should be lined up against a wall and shot. The NK government is ruthless when it comes to human rights.

They don't deserve to be in any kind of control or power.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
When serving in the Army, I visited the DMZ a few times. North Korea has a literal "Hollywood" style "village," - they are all props. Just the fronts of buildings, nothing behind them. While a loudspeaker screams across the border to the few remote farms that can hear it, about how grand life is in North Korea. It's called propaganda village. You'd be a fool to take seriously anything they tout as truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well - guess there nothing to worry about then!

Unready For This Attack
By Jon Kyl Saturday, April 16, 2005; Page A19

Recently a Senate Judiciary subcommittee of which I am chairman held a hearing on a major threat to the American people, one that could come not only from terrorist organizations such as al Qaeda but from rogue nations such as Iran and North Korea. An electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack on the American homeland, said one of the distinguished scientists who testified at the hearing, is one of only a few ways that the United States could be defeated by its enemies -- terrorist or otherwise.

And it is probably the easiest. A single Scud missile, carrying a single nuclear weapon, detonated at the appropriate altitude, would interact with the Earth's atmosphere, producing an electromagnetic pulse radiating down to the surface at the speed of light. Depending on the location and size of the blast, the effect would be to knock out already stressed power grids and other electrical systems across much or even all of the continental United States, for months if not years.

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join