It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom... Just sayin.

Do not be afraid, even for one second.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
How is this not propaganda? It's been known that many countries have had access to both nuclear weapons aswell as EMP's since what, the 80's/90's? Throw in the word Iran, North Korea or the ever so blasphemous terrorist and all Americans will jump the gun. (Europeans tend to be less prone to this, no offence*)

When looking at the near and distant future I think there's far worse things to fear than the highly unlikely scenario of another World War. Where we're heading a species and the increasing, alarming levels of atrocities in the name of capitalism aswell as the surpression of technological advancement naturally inherent to the free market system/capitalism are far bigger issues for humanity,atleast in my eyes.

If anything, this only reminds me of 9/11 all over again where America is looking for an excuse to start a war with either N-K or a reason to invade Iran. (Whatever the underlying, hidden reason may be)

P.S.: I love America, I've already been there once (3 month trip) and I plan on taking another trip, or even moving there.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So why don't they do it then if they can destroy the USA in a single blow?
Simple because the EU would turn their country into a glowing cinder..
Limbo

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
So why don't they do it then if they can destroy the USA in a single blow?
Simple because the EU would turn their country into a glowing cinder..
Limbo

Some say that Chernobyl destroyed the Soviet Union. If so, it only took a few years.

Can Fukushima have the same effect on the US?

Maybe the North Koreans should just have a little more patience.

--------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Right off the get go people started questioning 'WHAT' could they have or 'DO' that would fulfill their threat? Well Air bursts of atomic weapons. Many people are ignorant of the capabilities and properties that need to be dealt with to avoid a blast damage scenario, wiping out major amounts of capabilities to go day to day.

These are a couple paragraphs that illuminate those of us that are ignorant of such a possibility .... read here..
Even I was illuminated by this......

A new device which may soon be on the market holds promise in allowing electronic equipment to be EMP hardened. Called the "Ovonic threshold device", it has been created by Energy Conversion Devices of Troy, MI. The Ovonic threshold device is a solid-state switch capable of quickly opening a path to ground when a circuit receives a massive surge of EMP. Use of this or a similar device would assure survival of equipment during a massive surge of electricity.

Some electrical equipment is innately EMP-resistant. This includes large electric motors, vacuum tube equipment, electrical generators, transformers, relays, and the like. These might even survive a massive surge of EMP and would likely to survive if a few of the above precautions were taking in their design and deployment.

At the other end of the scale of EMP resistance are some really sensitive electrical parts. These include IC circuits, microwave transistors, and Field Effect Transistors (FET's). If you have electrical equipment with such components, it must be very well protected if it is to survive EMP.

One "survival system" for such sensitive equipment is the Faraday box.

A Faraday box is simply a metal box designed to divert and soak up the EMP. If the object placed in the box is insulated from the inside surface of the box, it will not be affected by the EMP travelling around the outside metal surface of the box. The Faraday box simple and cheap and often provides more protection to electrical components than "hardening" through circuit designs which can't be (or haven't been) adequately tested.

Many containers are suitable for make-shift Faraday boxes: cake boxes, ammunition containers, metal filing cabinets, etc., etc., can all be used. Despite what you may have read or heard, these boxes do NOT have to be airtight due to the long wave length of EMP; boxes can be made of wire screen or other porous metals.

Having this information really negates much of the fear. And you can be sure the military is on top of this, I'm sure there has been a lot of fitting and retro-fitting of these vehicles in the event of an EMP.....

I'd guess the military goes along with letting ignorance prevail about vunerabillity to the EMP's ....You know... uh disinformation or omission of information...... after all what military wouldn't..

Still..... there's loads of information on how you and I can guard our stuff against the EMP problem and survive fairly unscathed. LOL, it's when you see the mushroom clouds that you need to worry .lol.

ANY WAY, this North Korea THREAT is likely another in a never ending series of saber rattling by a not really too successful Despot. Beyond that, I don't think anything can come from it. Remember the Koreans are half starved already, A war would not be fuel'd for very long with starving soldiers. The only possible thing going for them might be the unfolding of Spring weather.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I bet they fire the missile from a donkey drawn cart and turn on a western news channel to see where it landed....what is really sad is if you look at north and south korea as a whole...it could be quite a powerful nation...the minerals of the north with the agriculture of the south...maybe someday.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just because a crazy man says he can fly doesn't mean he can. Some of you need to realize that fundamental truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Easiest way for NK to do that is pretty simple....get their Chinese buddies to stop lending the US money.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Interesting. Considering the steady decline of American hegemony since the start of the millennium I wouldn't be surprised if we're in for surprises.

Although I thought North Korea's Napoleonic Complex ended with the passing of their recently departed leader.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Maybe its time for the United States to start investing money into R&D for an EMP defense system in the United States.. Im not too concerned about NK deploying one here, but I do worry about China and Russia..... Does anyone know if its possible to protect a countries infrastructure from an EMP? Is there any defense out there for it? I believe Air Foce One has an anti-EMP system in place, I'm just assuming that you would need to do that same thing, but on a MUCH larger scale to all our data centers, financial institutions, energy plants, etc....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If "the entire US Military" was some drunk guy who lived underwater, they might have a shot. Put another one of those weather satellites in the ocean and pray.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is NK's one and only way of ever re-uniting the peninsula - it is a sacred goal to them, especially when their regime is going down the tubes!

This is also the Mullahs 'sacred mission' to destroy the US and bring about WWIII.

They are known to have collaborated on missiles, nuclear weapons and Super EMP devices.

The aim is not the military infrastructure at all - and they are not concerned with any retaliation - even if it could be traced back to them, which is rather doubtful given the black market in nuclear material.

Once they have collapsed the civilian infrastructure - the US will collapse like a pack of cards, after a yr most of you will be dead, no-one is going to be manning the nukes or subs.

They will probably attack Europe at the same time - this is perfect for Russia and China, who have probably funelled them all the expertise and materials they need anyway. All they have to do then is divide the world between them - Israel's Sampson option will take care of the muslim problem for them.

They can launch one of these from a container ship or coastal freighter - even a simple scud missile can carry one of these - they need only a very short flight time and there is no coastal missile defence in place to stop this!

They could even use the 'cannister method' developed by the Russians.

They will probably co-ordinate the attack with many missiles at once - if you think the US gov is on top of this you are dreaming! - this is the NWO plan!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We watched and enjoyed a very interesting documentary on netflix about North Korea. If the people, military or civilian, are equally faithful to their "modern weapon technology," as they are to their "great leader," then the actual scope of how powerful and precise these weapons are is skewed in the first place. There is no internet in North Korea, no television, everything is spread by word of mouth. Religion is "the great leader" for this country and is defined as an "enternal president." I strongly suggest you all watch this documentary or at least read about this unbelievably secretive, incredibly strong willed country. There is no other place like this on earth.

I do not doubt the fact that they have weapons of mass destruction and/or highly technical "new age" weaponry, but it is probably unlike any other country in the world. Even if they did make something comprable to lets say a patriot missle, their tech. would be its very own and would be 150% different than any of ours.

Interesting propaganda approach, but I'm not suprised, 99.999% of North Koreans despise America in a very deep passionate sort of way. Good post!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is there any NK law prohibiting it's citizens from defecting to another country? I never understand why people stay to put up with this crap, especially knowing that they're food shortages and horrible living conditions... I understand that money likely is one of the big reasons, but you would think that they would find a way to leave NK....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A few years back Washington was bewildered by low yield nuke detonations coming out of NK. Prb some advanced EMP tec from China. Who better to test a crazy weapon like that then NK. Think about it. If they get caught doing something war like its not on China. Its dem crazy North Koreans! Meanwhile, China is gathering info and getting ready to see what their new crazy weapon will do. Kinda like when we needed to test out the nukes we developed back in WW2. China might be looking at us like we looked at Japan. After all, that wasn't that long ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Are they out of food aid yet?
That would pretty much explain their screaming.
If NK people think their satelite is on orbit (do they?) this could be just lie for NK ears.
However without food they could do something stupid soon. What else will they do with milions of hungry pissed soldiers?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Oh what ever NK

Second line

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
No big deal, really.

Monica's single blow almost destroyed a US president!
edit on 26-4-2012 by torsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hahaha .....breathhhhhh...... Hahaha.......cought, cought ...... breathhhhh..... HAHAHA....Ahhhhh.

Ok, they have firecrackers compared to what we have, we have submarines and ships all over the world, we can attack them anytime if we need to but, they dont have anything to offer so we wont go there.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join