It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They don't have anything that can do us any harm. They know it, we know it. The announcements and proclamations are done for internal purposes. All that posing is to give the people the appearance that their horrific treatment is worthwhile.

It's propaganda meant for those stuck under the thumb of oppression. I'm sure they somehow spun that dud rocket launch into something positive as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just as I thought it wasn`t food Aid Iran sent to North Korea they now have those flying boats.

Or Iran gave them a remote control.
We know how that hurts.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by GD21D
An EMP could do some serious damage in a single blow. The only question is do they have the means, because they certainly have the motive. The effects are easily achieved if you were to detonate a warhead at the right height in the atmosphere.

Right... A country that cannot even get a rocket to fire successfully is now capable of this? How exactly do you suppose they have completely missed thousands upon thousands of technological steps they would need to take to reach this level of capability?

The only way they could do something like this is with the immediate and direct help from another nation. Basically, another nation would have to ship something to them, and fire it from NK. They would effectively be using NK as a launchpad for their own ends, NK is not capable of doing anything even remotely close to what you suggest.

And OP, I agree with you that this is just more propaganda intended for their own people. As I understand the NK people think their "satellite" is now in orbit and broadcasting songs - to who exactly? lol
There was talk about them being honest and saying that it failed, but after that there were statements that suggest it was simply stated to them that the rocket took off, and left the launchpad. So they didn't lie, they just didn't tell the truth either.

This is intended to convince the military in NK and the people that they are powerful. They're not. As we've seen from other recent statements too, they're just a delusional as ever.

Well, I guess it's settled then. They will never have the ability, or willingness to attempt such an attack. I feel a lot better now. I was concerned that they may eventually make advancements in technology sooner or later like everyone else, but after all it's NK. Clearly it's propaganda, and I realize that. But if you think for one second if they had the opportunity and the ability to cripple the U.S. that they wouldn't, you're sadly mistaken.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This reminds me of Iran saying it has UFO's.

Purely propaganda.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Tough talk! They are upset because their aid package was rescinded as result of that satellite/missile test. Typical temper tantrum like a 2-year-old pulls in the toy aisle when Mom tells them no toy. I pity the fool that encourages the full might of the United States military, and I am not trying to boast.

The US is just itching for a conventional bare-knuckled military engagement. It won't be anything like Afghanistan or Iraq, because with all due respect those conflicts are mere skirmishes compared to a full-blown non-nuclear conflict. North Korea will curse the day they ever try to level Seoul, drop a nuke, or cross the DMZ.

There will be excessive casualties and hardship on all sides, but North Korea will face the brunt it. They are playing with fire, and it would probably be in their best interests to tone it down some? One of these days someone is going to give them the fight they are looking for. They got a pass after that artillery barrage from a few years ago, and allegedly sinking that South Korean vessel. Wars have started for much less. Kimmy Jr. ought to stick to what he is good at like watching his old man's VHS collection, and sipping Cognac, because the tough talk is getting old. Just saying . . .
edit on 25-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Bah listen not to the North Koreans, They are still embarrassed about that under-water satellite they launched

edit on 25/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Every time I hear that line I laugh out loud.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
US military doesn't exist only in United States. US can attack North Korea from any allied countries around the world. Did North Korea forgotten about that?

Does it mean North Korea has to EMP all pro-USA countries? Impossible. Deny ignorance, deny propaganda.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by truthinfact

China will never support North Korea if it ever reinitiates the conflict on the Korean peninsula, much less if it were to attack America.

Not openly atleast, they could however
do some back door deals and send
them weapons, ammo, and some supplies..
I would not doubt for a min. china helping
the NK but secretly... Also i believe lil kim
is just pushing more propaganda and rhetoric..
Never take out America in a single blow not them atleast.
Dont fear people we will be OK.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Actually, thinking about this, what if they used a biological weapon.
Everyone is thinking nuclear because of the test that is coming up and the failed missile test, but biological weapons are just as bad if not worse than nuclear.

Not that I am worried about NK but that was just a thought that popped in my head.
All it would take is one man with a vial or infected with something very nasty

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
3 steps to sounding ignorant.

Step one- Make bold claim.

Step two- Do not provide evidence.

Step three- Make such claims weekly.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is old news. North Korea makes claims like this on a pretty regular basis.

Usually when South Korea and the USA are holding joint exercises.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I love it
North Korea can supposedly build these so called advanced weapons that can destroy the US in a single blow, yet they can not seem to figure out how to provide power to 98% of it's country or feed it's people. You know when ever the NK leadership proclaims things like this they kind of remind me of this guy....you remember this guy.

edit on 4/25/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sounds like the North Koreans do have EMP.

A previously unseen missile was showcased at a parade earlier this month, and Kim Myung-chol, a North Korea apologist who has visited the state's missile units, claims that Pyongyang has munitions that can disable all electronics, potentially paralysing US forces.

Telegraph

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
EMP is not a weapon its a by product of nuclear explosion. Folks keep throwing around the term EMP like its a weapon by itself. By default any country who has nukes can produce an Electro Magnetic Pulse by detonating it in the atmosphere.

Originally posted by studio500

A previously unseen missile was showcased at a parade earlier this month, and Kim Myung-chol, a North Korea apologist who has visited the state's missile units, claims that Pyongyang has munitions that can disable all electronics, potentially paralysing US forces.

Telegraph

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
EMP is not a weapon its a by product of nuclear explosion. Folks keep throwing around the term EMP like its a weapon by itself. By default any country who has nukes can produce an Electro Magnetic Pulse by detonating it in the atmosphere.

Telegraph

Something tells me the U.S. has technology that could avoid military electronics being disabled. One of these years when a world war starts, were gonna hear about technology we have that will blow our minds.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

The only thing I could think of..... I was just thinking that the nuke plants all store used fuel rods in them. I worked at one and their spent fuel pool was almost full years ago. They can shutdown the plants ok using compressed gas to insert boron rods to stop the fission process but what about the recriculatory pumps in the spent fuel pool......

could be the least of our problem i the mainland USA electrical grid shuts down.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The US military does indeed have equipment that is shielded but the ordinary citizens do not. When folks cant drive their cars and shipping ceases so that goods and services cant operate thats where the problems start. But the military most definitely would function and fight back. An EMP would do much anyway to our forces when they arent even here and when most of our navy is deployed.

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Telegraph

Something tells me the U.S. has technology that could avoid military electronics being disabled. One of these years when a world war starts, were gonna hear about technology we have that will blow our minds.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

you have to remember that military gear designed for combat is usually specific hardware. Today, our military relies on subcontractors and their equipment will still need power; fuel and other resources that would be affected by an EMP.

and the military would also have to help out here too.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Before speculating further, how advanced is the North Korean army's weaponry and vehicles?
If they still have cold war scraps then i doubt they have anything ultra-modern. A nuke, i buy that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I wonder if they're talking about that missle they launched that thing packed a punch.............oh waitI wonder if they're talking about that missle they launched that thing packed a punch.............oh wait

They might be calling our bluff, and purposely sent a "dud" missle up. Maybe they are testing us and other countries. I would not put it past North Korea to do that...seems like a plan to me! If they indeed sent a "dud" up without intent, then we probably don't need to worry as much, do we?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join