It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Good Point! In terms of low-tech weapons...simple binary chemicals inserted into cans of foodstuff
imported into the USA and detonated via timed, slow-moving chemical reaction would make for an
effective bio-terror weapon AND be DIFFICULT to hunt down via electronic-based bio-terror scanning systems.

There's also Body-Bombs with children, animals, the elderly or even live animals (ie. cattle) implanted with
Semtex (aka C4) type high explosives into their rectums or surgically implanted into their stomach cavities
and then detonated from afar. Who would suspect of explosives being implanted INSIDE their bodies!!!! ????

There's also sea-launched micro-drones the size of softballs or basketballs that could carry pneumonic plague,
anthrax or nerve gas and when flown in multi-hundred or multi-thousand SWARMS from an offshore cargo ship
at below-radar level (i.e. 1 or 2 metres above sea-level) into populated areas and then discharge their
lethal cargoes at lunchtime, such craft could kill TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's also consumer-level remote-controlled (i.e. RC) toy cars or toy boats that could deliver LETHAL
biological or radiological weapons or high-explosives using their on-board CHEAP/inexpensive GPS
controllers to VERY-SPECIFIC school playgrounds, beaches or large public gathering places.

There's HUNDREDS of lethal methods to use...and these are but a few you MUST BE AWARE OF!!!

Terrorists will STOP AT NOTHING !!!!! and WILL USE such methods !!!!

So we need to be ESPECIALLY VIGILANT for them!!!!!!!

In terms of whether North Korea WOULD USE such methods...I wouldn't put it past them...BUT....since
they would a STATE-LEVEL actor...any such attack would be met with a NUCLEAR RETALIATION
on our part regardless of what CHINA thinks....ALL BETS WOULD BE OFF !!!!!

Let's just say that our 13,000 nukes (i.e. active and reserve warheads) and 3.2 GIGATONS of
NUCLEAR HELLFIRE beats the 10 nukes North Korea has and the mere 600 nukes China has !!!!!!!!
WE WIN IN A NUCLEAR EXCHANGE !!!! ITS THAT SIMPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Well - guess there nothing to worry about then!

Unready For This Attack
By Jon Kyl Saturday, April 16, 2005; Page A19

Recently a Senate Judiciary subcommittee of which I am chairman held a hearing on a major threat to the American people, one that could come not only from terrorist organizations such as al Qaeda but from rogue nations such as Iran and North Korea. An electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack on the American homeland, said one of the distinguished scientists who testified at the hearing, is one of only a few ways that the United States could be defeated by its enemies -- terrorist or otherwise.

And it is probably the easiest. A single Scud missile, carrying a single nuclear weapon, detonated at the appropriate altitude, would interact with the Earth's atmosphere, producing an electromagnetic pulse radiating down to the surface at the speed of light. Depending on the location and size of the blast, the effect would be to knock out already stressed power grids and other electrical systems across much or even all of the continental United States, for months if not years.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I am gonna call bullcrap on this. How many nuclear detonations have already occurred? Did all the above-ground tests in the bikini atoll knock out all the electronics in the ships nearby? Did the trinity test knock out the power grid in the surrounding areas in NM? How about Russia's tests?

Seems to me the power grid has safeguards for overloading already. What would an EMP do that there wouldn't be built-in protection?

Scare tactics.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You're right, our electrical grid system is already designed to handle large inducted loads
(i.e. from Solar Flares) and power surge protection...power would be up within DAYS if the
actual towers and high-voltage lines are not missile struck.

Most FCC Class-B certified computing systems ALREADY have a tiny measure
of inductive and EMI load rejection capability...so many home computer systems,
if hooked up to a proper UPS power supply are already protected. Also many
modern office buildings have a grounded wire mesh as part of the outside layer
used for securing the outer cladding.
This acts as a Faraday Cage offering SOME measure of EMP protection.

In my OWN case...I've got ITRONIX Milspec certified ruggedized systems that are
already RAD-hardened so my computer systems ain't dying in an emp event.
And since I'm running those systems in a PURPOSEFULLY built Faraday caged
basement....even a close-in nuke detonation ain't killing my computer systems.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

You missed the main point to this. The warhead has to be detonated at a high altitude to react with Earth's Ionosphere I believe? By doing so the potential to release an enormous amount of electrical energy is there. It has nothing to do with the Nuclear blast hurting you, but rather a chain reaction by the EMP caused by the warhead, disturbing the vasts amounts of energy trapped in earth's atmosphere( which is Massive mind you.) Causing an EMP that would emanate down to the Earth. Ionosphere extremely high charge(-) the ground + if you understand anything of batteries or other electrical systems electrons want to find a balance and will flow to the " Ground " If you say made an EMP which would direct some of the energy downwards you would get one hell of a lightning bolt, how ever it likely won't travel the 1000+ miles to the ground instead you would get an EMP large enough to potentially # all of North America. This would require lots of testing far beyond NK piddly 1000s of feet rocket launch..... I do not know if anyone has done a succesfull nuclear induced Ionosphere EMP, I'm going to search. Famous scientist who wanted to tap into this trillions of Gigavolts source of energy was nikola tesla... It's actually probably easy to find if you search the vast energies that exist above our heads.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by milkyway12

decade-long rustout period which has weakened it's overall combat effectiveness significantly as a result of their illegal wars.

What weakened state? What facts do you have to support this? As I see soldiers every week from McChord and Lewis and none of them talk about being tired. The only stuff that's been brought up lately is how they can't wait to get out of Afgan. BECAUSE, like Iraq the people they are trying to help keep letting people blow up the buildings and infrastructure we've been putting up for them.

Weak? We have the most geared out, combat veteran force on the planet. Ten Plus Years of combat rotation which includes all five branches of the US Military. (don't forget the port security units that deploy world-wide now)

Sorry but I can't agree with you that America is in a weakened state. And before anyone thinks that America is defenseless on our own soil you might want to ask yourselves where are all the combat vets who have gotten out of the military? They're likely your neighbor and will be one of the first ones to step up if an emergency happens?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich

You missed the main point to this. The warhead has to be detonated at a high altitude to react with Earth's Ionosphere I believe? By doing so the potential to release an enormous amount of electrical energy is there. It has nothing to do with the Nuclear blast hurting you, but rather a chain reaction by the EMP caused by the warhead, disturbing the vasts amounts of energy trapped in earth's atmosphere( which is Massive mind you.) Causing an EMP that would emanate down to the Earth. Ionosphere extremely high charge(-) the ground + if you understand anything of batteries or other electrical systems electrons want to find a balance and will flow to the " Ground " If you say made an EMP which would direct some of the energy downwards you would get one hell of a lightning bolt, how ever it likely won't travel the 1000+ miles to the ground instead you would get an EMP large enough to potentially # all of North America. This would require lots of testing far beyond NK piddly 1000s of feet rocket launch..... I do not know if anyone has done a succesfull nuclear induced Ionosphere EMP, I'm going to search. Famous scientist who wanted to tap into this trillions of Gigavolts source of energy was nikola tesla... It's actually probably easy to find if you search the vast energies that exist above our heads.

Correct to some extent, however, the effects of an EMP would not be as catastrophic as most envision. I used to work at the North Island Navy Complex in San Diego and believe me when I tell you that the Navy is very well aware of the effect of EMP detonations. While we are significantly under-protected, the military has been hardening their systems for years.

Couple of links:

EMP: Starfish Prime and some EMP misconceptions

Fictional novel about an EMP attack on the US: One Second After

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

I don't need proof. It's called common sense. When a military bogs itself down in an extended occupation, equipment enters a period that is known as "rust-out" as military vehicles have to be rotated back "home" in order to be refurbished. In a warzone, all vehicles are needed, so this becomes next to impossible. I never once in my post mentioned anything about the troops being "tired." I was referring only to equipment (HMMWV's, M1's, etc.). Also, a nation that is undergoing such an occupation will be forced to lower recruitment standards to meet quotas, causing a further drop in combat effectiveness. When you couple that with the fact that something as necessary as CLP (lube for heavy weapons) is somewhat scarce over the pond due to ongoing supply cluster--cks, it paints a very different picture than what you have been led to believe. The states may still have the most technologically advanced military in the world, but when your soldiers use tech as a crutch (at least on the Army side, Marines make do), as soon as that tech is rendered inoperable (EMP, etc.), they are quite royally screwed. You have a very unrealistic view of the capabilities of your military.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Everyone knows that an EMP weapon will devastate the infrastructure necessary for normal life and food procurement . Our electrical infrastructure contrary to popular belief is not fully protected against an EMP attack . A lightning strike is a local event and most of it can be bled off to ground but your home will receive a voltage spike that will burn up your electronics if not burning down your house . An EMP strike affects a ll of the millions of miles of electrical grids and will over power the whole system and cause wide spread damage to equipment . For example with our already overtaxed electrical grid a simple lightning strike will blow transformers , relays and such . With a nation wide failure and only a few critical replacement materials and equipment how long will it take to replace all the transformers , relays and generation equipment . Will you be able to procure food and water and what ever you need until the Line Men can get to your neighborhood . Then what about your electronics , car and other means of transportation ? Because our whole country and most of the North American Continent has been knocked out how long will it take to fix the factories that will then replace the burned out electronics ?
If launched into space as a research satellite like North Korea might do but then blow the weapon over us in space how can we defend that ? We can not ! It's serious !

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Everyone knows that an EMP weapon will devastate the infrastructure necessary for normal life and food procurement . Our electrical infrastructure contrary to popular belief is not fully protected against an EMP attack . A lightning strike is a local event and most of it can be bled off to ground but your home will receive a voltage spike that will burn up your electronics if not burning down your house . An EMP strike affects a ll of the millions of miles of electrical grids and will over power the whole system and cause wide spread damage to equipment . For example with our already overtaxed electrical grid a simple lightning strike will blow transformers , relays and such . With a nation wide failure and only a few critical replacement materials and equipment how long will it take to replace all the transformers , relays and generation equipment . Will you be able to procure food and water and what ever you need until the Line Men can get to your neighborhood . Then what about your electronics , car and other means of transportation ? Because our whole country and most of the North American Continent has been knocked out how long will it take to fix the factories that will then replace the burned out electronics ?
If launched into space as a research satellite like North Korea might do but then blow the weapon over us in space how can we defend that ? We can not ! It's serious !

No, it is not as serious as you think. A well-placed solar storm would do much more damage than an EMP. It has happened before and caused massive blackouts, but guess what - power is always restored.

Again - scare tactics.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No matter what a war is gonna happen eventually who wanna bet which one it gonna be?

NK civil war

NK v America

PLACE YOUR BET HURRY HURRY HURR:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The event you are talking about was a relatively small percentage of the North American Continent and probably of a lesser magnitude than a much closer event .
Still it took weeks to ship in new existing equipment and repair the much smaller area of damage .
With the whole of the Unites States and much of Canada and Mexico down with burned out equipment where will the replacement equipment come from . With America in the dark how will we build more equipment . Then everything in your homes will be damaged .
Maybe if you actually researched what you are talking about you could see the potential that North Korea or any other Nuclear state has to destroy our way of life back to before electric power grids .

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
SORRY but NO. A non-nuclear EMP device will render city blocks blacked out but not entire cities and certainly not THE US IN A SINGLE BLOW as NK is boasting. Large swaths of country can only be blacked out via nuclear airsburst at the optimal altitude.

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Originally posted by princeofpeace
EMP is not a weapon its a by product of nuclear explosion. Folks keep throwing around the term EMP like its a weapon by itself. By default any country who has nukes can produce an Electro Magnetic Pulse by detonating it in the atmosphere.

[

Sorry but no. You can create an EMP without using a nuke, a search on the internet and some shopping around town would net you everything you need to take out a city.

Its actually amazing to me that it hasn't happened yet. You don't need a missile, you could put it in a van and park it in a major metro city and nobody would even know where it came from.

edit on 29-4-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Whats with all these countries saying they can do this and do that.....then end up doing nothing.

They just bring embarrassment upon themselves and their people in the eyes of the world.

Instead of making themselves look like a strong nation, they do the total opposite and end up looking like fools.

That's just my opinion of course.

-L-

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join