It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Red Flags That Indicate That Very Serious Doom Is Coming For Global Financial Markets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Spain will need a bailout for sure and SOON.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
only physical gold bullion can save you, that and guns, food, and shelter,

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It is a little ways of just yet.

There is still london olympics to get through

Presedential elections

Bombing of Iran

At least when these things are complete will would be looking down the abyss.

Until then stock up on water, leave the dream.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Well there are certainly a frightening level of unfunded liabilities these days.
That is what happens when the Glass Steagals Act was removed.
Namely,when a bunch of spoiled brats with no concept of responcibility have their way.
As far as International Competition, we should have demanded that ALL were elevated to
Our standards.Or a the least , A Standard. This whole mess could have been avoided.
That is besides the point, How do we Fix it?

Easily. Revamp Theodore Roosevelts Anti-Trust Laws/Acts
and remove the Income Cap on Social Security.
Address Trade Deficit Inequalities immediately.
Incorporate The Buffet Rules.
That would be the first step in proper Leadership for The World
by The United States of America in decades.

Steel Ballbearings is what she needs. Make no mistake, Everyone is watching.

And God Bless The United States of America,

And All of the people of This Planet for that matter.

We are all in this together, so wake up and do the right thing while you can!

Or Get Out Of The Way.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OliArtist

Austerity and financial discipline and cuts are needed

This is the problem for why people are starting to take action. As for where it is going:

#14 The head of the IMF, Christine Lagarde, says that there are "dark clouds on the horizon" for the global economy.

The IMF is still doing pretty much the exact same thing it has been doing to nations for quite some time, bankrupt them and take all their assets. Christine needs to make a turn soon or else those dark clouds will be upon us. If BRICKS get their bank up it will help reduce the severity of current lending conditions and help provide more responsible lending practices, competition and oversight.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Add to that that countries like Russia and Mexico just bought about a billion dollars worth of gold in March of this year.

For those who can't afford gold, buy silver. Silver is the poor man's gold, and stuck up on food and other necessities.

edit on 26-4-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
bleak would be a massive understatement to describe current (worldwide) economic prospects. for so long now it's been hammer blow after hammer blow of cuts, more cuts, massive immigration, bank scams and bailouts, rising welfare costs, rising prices, falling wages, a litany of job losses et al.
a general sense of unease has been steadily growing, now bolstered by the great numbers of people who didn't see this coming (although for at least the last 3 years the imminent collapse has, frankly, only become ever more obviously a certainty).
to paraphrase Harold Macmillan, 'we've never had it so bad'.

yet it's getting worse.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It's not the boomers, it's not the "lazy" unemployed. It's not the single parents, or the kids, or the retired. It's not the disabled.

Keep in mind, there are MORE of the mentioned types, then there are of any other group. The mentioned are the common people in this world. Your common man.. I don't know many "common people" who have had an easy time in the last 10 years..

I have a lot of boomers in my family.. none of them are eating "high off the hog". I have a few family members on disability.. none of them are having an easy time either.

I don't know about the corporate execs.. or bankers, or politicians, hedge fund managers.. I don't know any of them personally. I read about them.. Appears they are doing pretty well. They continue to do really well as well.

I'm a little curious as to what it would be like to be able to eat like a rich person for a day or two. I'm curious what an 81 dollar steak would taste like. I know I won't buy an $81 steak.. $81 feeds my kids for almost a week. I have priorities.. of those, my family is top priority, then my friends.. etc.

I do know, tho, that if we do not "encourage" a change, and soon.. We will be lucky to have a can of beans once a day, with a cup of water, huddled around a fire.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
- Acquire land
- Learn how to farm and provide for yourself and family
- Buy guns and ammo. Lots of ammo.
- Invest in silver and gold, but mostly: agricultural land, because you cant eat the silver and gold, and people will be out looking for things to loot - especially valuables like silver and gold..
- Stock up on fuel - carbon and bio-fuel.
- Make detailed plans on what to do, where to go, how to get around etc. if riots break out.
- If riots break out, dont go out to riot and loot, organize a group of people you know (friends, neighbors, family members etc.), and start protecting your properties.
- Don't be a pussy when its time to fight

Thats all i can think of now. The # will hit the fan soon, and then only the prepared ones will survive.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Lacerta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
It's not the boomers, it's not the "lazy" unemployed. It's not the single parents, or the kids, or the retired. It's not the disabled.

I think you are missing my point. You are entirely correct that many Baby Boomers are also in trouble - but everything is relative. You can't have a situation, like here in the UK for example, where everyday on the news or in the papers there are Baby Boomers moaning about taking hits on their pensions, or having to 'tighten their belts' - whilst at the same time deriding younger people for being 'lazy good for nothings' - whilst those very same young people are trying their hardest but have not even a slither of the chances, earnings potential, reachable aspirations, or prospects of getting ANY pension at all (even if they somehow manage to save). You can't have this without masses of younger people coming round to the conclusion that they have been stitched up.

In my own family and local area the contrast between the Baby Boomer generation is very stark. I don't wish anything bad for them, but I see the anger building. If the Baby Boomers had any sense they would quit moaning and make do with what they have, as even if its less than they expected, it is a damn sight more than what following generations will have. That is my point.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
How could it have been any different than it is?

They print a hundred dollar bill and we owe One hundred one for it.

Perhaps the collapse could be delayed, extended out, put off..but it will not be denied.

There is not enough money in the world to pay the debt. And with each printing by the federal reserve banks the debt is getting larger.

It was designed this way...it is not an error or mismanagement...it is design.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If anyone out there believes this is just some unfortunate accident they are deluding themselves. This entire financial nightmare has been completely and utterly orchestrated from the top down.
They've got big plans in the works, the effects of which are playing out right before our eyes. Will it get worse? Oh boy, you better believe its going to get worse, MUCH worse.

The financial aspect is only one part of the plan. Its the coming war that people should really be terrified about.
You don't think this is leading to war? I've got a stack of history books that say otherwise. Financial nightmares like this never end well, ever.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So is this why Homeland Security bought 450 million rounds of hollow point bullets recently?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And on the flip side we have One World currency and financial control waiting in the wings. Yipee

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
For me the biggest problem I have come across with all economys is this constant need for growth. Nothing in this world is infinte so why does the market need infinte growth.

Also you see companys posting results and saying they lost 2 billion this year because they made 3 bill instead of 5 bill like the yaer before, in my mind they lost nothing as they still gained 3 billion.

If people and companies where less greedy and stopped expecting infinte growth then I don't think we would have half the problems we have in the world today.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thank you for that post. I kept reading these posts that basically sound like they want to lynch the baby boomers. I am a boomer, born at the end of the cycle, but I have never had anything handed to me. I served in the military, I didn't start my education until early forties and have footed most of the bill, and I never had a job handed to me. I am trying to find a job just like anyone else, any trying to get an education while I am doing it. If you think it's hard now, try doing it when you are 50. I really don't know where these folks are getting their information from, or maybe they know boomers I don't. All my friends are in the same boat I have been and am in now. It ain't pretty. And I know I'll never see social security, medicare, or medicaid, even though I have paid into those programs all my working life. Anyway, those blaming the boomers ... the ones you know must be real a-holes.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I found this current article by Ellen Brown very good as usual especially the parts below

The EU is planning a new treaty called the European Stability Mechanism, or ESM: a treaty of debt. . . . The authorized capital stock shall be 700 billion euros. Question: why 700 billion? [Probable answer: it simply mimicked the $700 billion the U.S. Congress bought into in 2008.] . . . .

[Article 9]: “. . . ESM Members hereby irrevocably and unconditionally undertake to pay on demand any capital call made on them . . . within seven days of receipt of such demand.” . . . If the ESM needs money, we have seven days to pay. . . . But what does “irrevocably and unconditionally” mean? What if we have a new parliament, one that does not want to transfer money to the ESM? . . . .

[Article 10]: “The Board of Governors may decide to change the authorized capital and amend Article 8 . . . accordingly.” Question: . . . 700 billion is just the beginning? The ESM can stock up the fund as much as it wants to, any time it wants to? And we would then be required under Article 9 to irrevocably and unconditionally pay up?

[Article 27, lines 2-3]: “The ESM, its property, funding, and assets . . . shall enjoy immunity from every form of judicial process . . . .” Question: So the ESM program can sue us, but we can’t challenge it in court? [Article 27, line 4]: “The property, funding and assets of the ESM shall . . . be immune from search, requisition, confiscation, expropriation, or any other form of seizure, taking or foreclosure by executive, judicial, administrative or legislative action.” Question: . . . [T]his means that neither our governments, nor our legislatures, nor any of our democratic laws have any effect on the ESM organization? That’s a pretty powerful treaty!

[Article 30]: “Governors, alternate Governors, Directors, alternate Directors, the Managing Director and staff members shall be immune from legal process with respect to acts performed by them . . . and shall enjoy inviolability in respect of their official papers and documents.” Question: So anyone involved in the ESM is off the hook? They can’t be held accountable for anything? . . . The treaty establishes a new intergovernmental organization to which we are required to transfer unlimited assets within seven days if it so requests, an organization that can sue us but is immune from all forms of prosecution and whose managers enjoy the same immunity. There are no independent reviewers and no existing laws apply? Governments cannot take action against it? Europe’s national budgets in the hands of one single unelected intergovernmental organization? Is that the future of Europe? Is that the new EU – a Europe devoid of sovereign democracies?

The European Stabilization Mechanism, Or How the Goldman Vampire Squid Just Captured Europe

They don't want much really do they!

eta: its hard to believe that were going to allow this, but I fear that we will..........."Very Serious Doom Is Coming For Global Financial Markets" as the OP's story points out. And if enough people don't start to recognise the dangers of implementing the above treaty, TPTB will get there intended way again
edit on 26-4-2012 by ukWolf because: As Above

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
The economy has supposedly been headed for "imminent collapse" every week for the past decade.

Guess what?

It hasn't happened.

Time to change the station. This song is getting old.

Shhh...

I enjoy these doom and gloom threads. Also, it makes those who try to act all knowing feel special about themselves. Let them have their fun.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
The economy has supposedly been headed for "imminent collapse" every week for the past decade.

Guess what?

It hasn't happened.

Actually it almost did in 2008, here's a sobering assessment of just how close we came:

“On Thursday [18 September], at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the United States, to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks. They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn’t be further panic out there…

If they had not done that, their estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the United States, would have collapsed the entire economy of the United States and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed… It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it.”

Source

The question to ask is this- what has changed since then? I would argue that public sentiment and confidence has actually declined quite a bit since then, and zero checks and balances have been implemented to protect against a similar run. All it will take is one big event to trigger an even more severe run on the banks than what nearly collapsed the economy in 2008. It could be a huge natural disaster striking an economic center, it could be the economic collapse of another country or countries, it could be a nuclear attack, or maybe even some calamity like a huge meteor strike. People have very little confidence in their investments, in banking and in the government. All it will take is a trigger to send people running to cash out their money and if it's a bigger run than in 2008 then there will be no stopping it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OliArtist

Originally posted by Cygnis

I think you are missing my point. You are entirely correct that many Baby Boomers are also in trouble - but everything is relative. You can't have a situation, like here in the UK for example, where everyday on the news or in the papers there are Baby Boomers moaning about taking hits on their pensions, or having to 'tighten their belts' - whilst at the same time deriding younger people for being 'lazy good for nothings' - whilst those very same young people are trying their hardest but have not even a slither of the chances, earnings potential, reachable aspirations, or prospects of getting ANY pension at all (even if they somehow manage to save). You can't have this without masses of younger people coming round to the conclusion that they have been stitched up.

In my own family and local area the contrast between the Baby Boomer generation is very stark. I don't wish anything bad for them, but I see the anger building. If the Baby Boomers had any sense they would quit moaning and make do with what they have, as even if its less than they expected, it is a damn sight more than what following generations will have. That is my point.

Point noted, and agreed with.

Sadly, everyone complains, especially those who have known better times / places.

Some boomers, for instance, my parents, were very un-aware of WHY things are so crappy lately. Until I told them to start finding other sources for their media needs. To stop watching the talking heads, because they were being lied to.

It's more so, the media is telling them something that they aren't seeing.. and if they are still asleep, then that is why they are complaining.

The system is designed to bring everything to it's knees.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join