It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher/Bully: How My Son Was Humiliated and Tormented by his Teacher and Aide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
ATS needs to know about this in my opinion. I have done searches. but nothing has come up.

This man is awesome. He feared that his son was being bullied by teachers at the school, so he wired his son.

The results were shocking! I can only say one thing...Listen:

I wish him and his son all the best.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Already posted man

2nd

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

You have to be kidding? I searched

Thanks anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
nasty ladies, Very kow class.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I hope the mods leave it up. The kid and his dad deserve it. Threads probably dead now anyway, this was the first I'd heard about it at least

Ty op
edit on 25-4-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think this man is pretty calm. If this was me, I would tear that school apart from the inside out and I dont give a rat's arse what the law says about it, I dont give a crap about some teachers "tenure". It would be real hard to talk crap to a 10 year old with your jaw broke.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I am so glad he cares so much about his son, that he realized something wrong and took the time to do this. I hope those "ladies" are ashamed to go out in public.
I have to give him credit, because I would probably would have went crazy on them. He handled this beautifully!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sadly this does not surprise me at all.

I was adopted at the age of 4 due to child abuse issues. Because of the abuse I was declared developmentally slower than the other children my own age. Though I eventually grew out of it, I was subject to having to go to a mental development center for special help. I also had my regular daycare at a christian daycare center.

I do not recall everything that went on, but I do remember being treated as a lesser human being at times, and was often berated for things and put down for things like not wanting to get my hands dirty with finger paint.

I have documents 5 inches thick of reports on how they dealt with situations, and it is obvious that they did not see me as you would see other children my age. I had been abandon by my biological family (long story for another post), but they didn't understand the emotional trauma this could cause a 2/3 year old, all they saw was someone who was different than other kids and their for wasn't human.

This has impacted my personality throughout my life.
1. I do not deal with criticism very well, even when it's for a minor thing.
2. I do not trust anyone out of a deep fear. (can not pinpoint the exact fear though)
3. I do not deal with conflicts of any kind very well, and go out of my way to avoid them.

The things that this did teach me is to become independent and not rely on someone else and how to deal with my own daughter in situations. (Which is quite different than what these so called programs do to kids) My daughter excels at about everything she does and has a very high IQ.

This has proven to me that how one is treated as they grow up (especially at a young age) has a huge impact on how their brain develops.

This was the early 80's that I was in the "program" and hopefully it has changed since then. I have since grown out of my development problems, but how I was treated and how my mind developed during this phase in my life has never left me. Had I been treated with like a normal child and they worked to develop my strengths at a young age and not just work on my weaknesses (which were pretty normal for children my age), I wonder what my life would be like today.

Hats off to this man, as he is going about this right. The teachers should be jailed for abuse in my book.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am the father of a Cerebral Palsy kid. My daughter is in a wheelchair and, of course, a potential victim of bullying.
We're lucky. Sam (14 y.o.) is smart (Honor Roll every semester for the last 4-5 years) and, although overweight, liked by her peers and teachers and basically every adult she meets.
If I were suspecting enough to have to wire up Sam to see if I was being lied to by her, or, her teachers, my wife and I would have already addressed the problem.
The team of people that interact with my child everyday work together to make sure she learns and participates as much as possible. The IEP (Integrated Education Program) meetings we have twice a year are productive and progressive and you can see and hear that these teachers, both men and women, truely CARE that Samantha overcomes any obsticles she encounters. Socially and educationally.
Even the bus drivers look out for Sam.

I'm GLAD to say this will probably never happen to my daughter. I'm sad to think it happens to any handicapped kid. My Brother and Sister in law have 3 autistic kids. Asburgers and mild autism. They home-school. Full class structure and all. It's school, just at home. (They're doing it right!)

If I was the guy in the video....the video would be part of my defense in an Assault and Battery case! (For my wife, of course! I don't hit women....however, I would probably have held the woman's arms behind her back whilst my woman pummeled her about the face and body!)

Bullies piss me off. From kids to adults. Teachers or Cops. They disturb any attempt at balance.

Gah!
Cuhail

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I watched this last Friday evening when the video was first released - ALL parents of these kids should now do as this father did, not just audio but also attach spy cameras to their children's clothing. This school and others like it is just the tip of the iceberg!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You can probably assume that if he caught criminal behaviour of the teachers from one day of wire taping, they behave this way daily and hourly. He should sue the school and donate the money to autism charity. This is very bad. Those women should be stripped of their teaching liscences. Set an example that bullying will not be tolerated.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

So they should however they only sacked one of them and the others involved still continue to teach in other classes. Father should sue even if he does'nt want to, thats the only way to expose the school that would have no choice but to sack them all.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. I posted the same story but after a search nothing came up. Here are some of my comments.

This is just disgusting. More authority figures bullying defenseless children. When is this going to stop? I don't think anytime soon. This is just one small school, in one small city in the US. I'm glad this father had the idea and resources to expose these "teachers" for what they really are.

The teacher should be fired and he should definately sue the school board. His poor son. He would still be enduring this torment if his father didn't send him in with that recorder.

Typical, teachers and board blaming the student for THE TEACHERS behaviour. Sickening.

O/T: I posted in the Civil Issues forum but threads in that forum don't go on the fire-hose. They go into the ether.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Heart wrenching to hear that little boy crying and for what???? No reason at all. I think they should bring back public stoning!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I can kindof relate to what he went through. I'm not disabled or handicapped in any way, but I faced alot of bullying, including from staff. In one study-hall type class I had, the teacher would actually sit next to me and antagonize me and try to anger me and get me to admit that I wanted to "blow up the school" or hurt people, things like that, just so that in the event she provoked me into saying something, she could immediately run and report me and have me arrested for making threats. I of course never did, but I had to endure her sitting there tormenting me knowing nobody was going to stop it. Most of the bullying came from students though, even physical abuse, and nobody cared. The people who were actually supposed to be in charge either didn't care or went along with it. I remember one time a teacher made me leave her class and go into the hallway just because she didn't want me there. I've even walked out of the school during the middle of the school day and just left and walked off. Nobody even cared to stop me or report it.

Most people don't understand that bullying goes way beyond simple quarrels. It's almost like psychological torture after a while. It's difficult to be in a situation where you're singled out and tormented on a daily basis, even physically harmed for years at a time sometimes, knowing that you're forbidden from defending yourself and that nobody will do anything about it in your defense because nobody cares. The school literally made a mockery of the situation when my parents tried to get involved. They put me and the one bully in a room together with some other kid so we could "talk about it", and then I was expected to stop complaining afterwards.

What this guy is doing is exactly what needs to be done. Nobody is standing up for the kids. Those teachers or aides or whatever who were bullying his son should be in jail.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Scary stuff, I have one boy, the youngest, who has both fragile-x and autistic tendency. (another two have fragile-x) He would totally be unable to articulate to us, any events like this man's boy went through. It's the mocking that is most shocking, but the casual use of cursing is pretty grim, it's not even as if there was any extreme behaviour from the child, where a teacher might lose the rag in anger, it's done in more or less normal conversation.

(post carried over from closed thread)

Just to add, There should be some law enforcement involved here, in relation to a minor at least. You would think that the school would report it automatically to the police.
edit on 25-4-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is just from one father who bothered to find out what was wrong, Imagine all the times this happened at that school that he happened to be able to record it fairly easily.

He has a petetion up to get the teachers fired and claims he wants an Apology and won't sue...

Better man than I, is all I will say.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It is sad and disgusting what is happening in ours schools. I am afraid it is a glaringly, obvious indicator of the breakdown of society.

I had something similar happen to my ADHD son and now I am the one being sued for defamation because I had no choice but to go public on forums such as this with my story.

I now homeschool. I encourage all parents who have problems with their schools to homeschool.

Does anyone think that a ..."pull your kid out of school week" all at the same time, across N. America would be an effective tool to get our schools changed??

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is the most horrific example of the low standards they keep in hiring teachers.

See, because all of the money in our system is either being diverted to reconstructing old buildings because they can't afford entirely new ones...or being sent directly to the politicians/military.

Our funds are being sapped by the system that is supposed to have such high standards...resulting in these low standards. In fact, I recently discovered that my old elementary school was being abandoned, and so they moved the two grades to the middle school. The middle school? Yep...straight into the high school. High school is supposed to be used for four grades, correct?

Only in high-population areas do they put additional grades in these buildings...because one, the structure is designed for surplus. The money allows it. Alternative schools also face this issue...because of parenting problems and societal conditioning (with plenty of help from the media). Has anyone else seen this happen? Seen a blatant lack of funding forcing a compromise in multiple areas of education?

I have.

But even that does not compare to this. If anything is a symptom of the absolute disgust of our country, this is it. This, the disrespect of autistic kids, gifted beyond imagination with hearts bigger than the Playboy mansion...these kids deserve more than half the adults teaching there. These kids have more morals than many of the people you see attending church every Sunday. This is an abomination.

I don't know what else to say. The video, I believe, speaks for itself...but I had to express the sheer horror I felt, and the overwhelming empathy this video provoked. I feel intensely sorry for that child, and for the gentleman who was forced through all of those proceedings for issues that were clearly nonexistent.

What a shame...this is going on my Facebook. Whatever means of publicity you all have, don't be afraid to use it. This can't be kept quiet. This has to be seen. Something has to change.

And whoever has kids on this forum...make sure they know you love and care about them. Just think of the stuff that happens that you don't know about. And knowing that they have support makes the whole difference. I know this from my childhood...and that man in the video can tell you himself.

Love your children. Because you may be the only one who does.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

These are the same teachers who are always whining about needing more money "for the children" in a thinly disguised ploy to get yet another raise while the rest of us are happy just to have a job, never mind that it pays 20% less than a year ago. They constantly whine that they could teach better if they only got more funding. This is not a funding issue, this is a lack of competency issue.

These people get the best benefits money can buy, 3 months of vacation time, and can't be fired for anything short of having sex with a student, and this is how they act when you're not watching. Sure, not all teachers are like this, but many are, and the so-called "good ones" are just as bad for not fighting to get them fired. They all make me sick.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join