It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Govt. Overreach! Rural kids, parents angry about Labor Dept. rule banning farm chores

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Just answer the question. Will the children of farm owners, according to the DOL rules that everyone's worried about, be allowed to, or not to, participate in whatever farm chores their parents charge them with?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Just answer the question. Will the children of farm owners, according to the DOL rules that everyone's worried about, be allowed to, or not to, participate in whatever farm chores their parents charge them with?

The children are not subject to the damned legislation and the only way they could ever become subject to it is by confused people believing they as parents are subject to the legislation, and the best and surest way to confuse these people is by asking the disingenuous questions you're asking. Guardian of truth, my eye!

Why are you working so hard at convincing farmers they should accept this legislation as valid?

edit on 26-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Maybe *Somebody* has been reading this thread !!

Politics and public outcry and opinions count sometimes.

2012 is not a good year to piss off voters !!

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature !!

Read the entire article for heart warming and wholesome apologies !!

Important Topic Updates

04/26/12 08:14 PM ET -- The Hill

The Labor Department withdrew a proposed rule Thursday that would have limited the work that children can perform on farms.

The proposal drew heavy criticism from rural-state lawmakers and agricultural leaders, who cast the rule as government overreach that would erode the traditional American family. Others in Congress supported the rule, and unions argued it was needed to make farm work safer for young adults.

In nixing the proposal, the Labor Department cited the need to protect "the rural way of life."

Obama administration scraps child labor restrictions for farms

Warning:

Do Not re-elect Obama --- He will wait and pass these things next year !!!

believe this ?

"The Obama administration is firmly committed to promoting family farmers and respecting the rural way of life, especially the role that parents and other family members play in passing those traditions down through the generations," the Labor Department said in a statement announcing the withdrawal of the rule.

"The Obama administration is also deeply committed to listening and responding to what Americans across the country have to say about proposed rules and regulations."

edit on Apr-26-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Apr-26-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well good. That settles that and what's left to argue with.

So, JPZ, I suppose you'll have to find someone else to hurl insults at. I have a feeling that won't be hard for you to do. lol

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Actually you all should continue the discussion.

The issue will show up again eventually.

Because this is more than likely part of the Agenda 21 coup d'état plot.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for posting that Update!! I just logged in to post the same thing after reading it this morning.

I also want to say thanks to all of those who participated in this thread. It was a hot topic that certainly struck a chord with the majority in this country.

That's how you get things done!! and we didn't even have to occupy a park for 4 months to do it.

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
same here, got my cut and paste rolling and was ready to go with this update as well, great news imho and glad to see some good news happening here...as I just had my link to petition removed and was getting pissy again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join