It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney’s Speeches: “A Better America Begins Tonight” and "Hold on a little longer"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Mitt Romney has good advice to Americans after wide margin victories in several State primary elections.

Thank you Pennsylvania, Delaware, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York! And tonight I can say thank you, America. After 43 primaries and caucuses, many long days and more than a few long nights, I can say with confidence – and gratitude – that you have given me a great honor and solemn responsibility. And, together, we will win on November 6th!

We launched this campaign not far from here on a beautiful June day. It has been an extraordinary journey.

Americans have always been eternal optimists. But over the last three and a half years, we have seen hopes and dreams diminished by false promises and weak leadership. Everywhere I go, Americans are tired of being tired, and many of those who are fortunate enough to have a job are working harder for less.....

Mitt Romney’s Speech: “A Better America Begins Tonight”

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Armed with a fresh slate of primary victories, Mitt Romney is urging Americans to "hold on a little longer."

The former Massachusetts governor tells New Hampshire supporters that Tuesday marks the beginning of a new campaign focused solely on President Barack Obama. He accuses the Democratic president of "false promises and weak leadership."

Romney spoke Tuesday night as he scored Republican primary victories in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Pennsylvania in the first contests since Rick Santorum suspended his campaign. New York was expected to follow....

Romney to nation: 'Hold on a little longer'

Trouble is, Obama hasn't given us much to hold on TO has he ?

I guess we have to wait

Hold On !

Hold On !

Hold On !

Hold On !

Hold On !

Splash !

edit on Apr-25-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Romney sounds so scripted. How can anyone take him for real??

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Too bad, Romney is as liberal as Obama, I mean he is REALLY a liberal.

The thing that sucks about his liberalism is that he is also a corporatist,
which makes him a piss poor liberal but a good conservative fiscally speaking.

He is a confused guy, it will be nice to see two liberals on the ticket

edit on 25-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives
Too bad, Romney is as liberal as Obama, I mean he is REALLY a liberal.

The thing that sucks about his liberalism is that he is also a corporatist,
which makes him a piss poor liberal but a good conservative fiscally speaking.

He is a confused guy, it will be nice to see two liberals on the ticket

edit on 25-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

That certainly is a dilemma !

As the campaign rhetoric really gets going, maybe some clarity will show up.

With no national political record, Romney will need to shape his own image.

Obama will need to re-shape his image.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Okay, Daddy Bush talked of his New World Order....Baby Bush just had his friggen Empire complete with Darth Vader to do his bidding and Obama set out to 'fundamentally change' the United States. Well... Okay.. Mission Accomplished on that one at least.

My thought would be...dump the bumper sticker slogans there Mittens. We need ideas..specific ideas. It's been over 12 years since I've heard a President outline and articulate a SPECIFIC idea and then move to carry through on it....all without hiding twice as much at the same time, anyway. If Romney wants to bring change, fine. That Hope and Change garbage hasn't worked out too well so far though....so I think everyone really wants to know what change..really specifically, what changes and how.

I know, I'm asking for the world and honesty from a politician, but we have dumb and dumber running for the cliff edge. I'm just hoping perhaps there is some silver lining somewhere. Until he gets past the slogans, we sure can't tell.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Romney's "new" campaign song......???

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
A better America begins tonight? Seriously? That sounds like a slogan that somebody running for an election in a 1984 world would say. That sounds so robotic it's almost...movie-ish? I guess you'd say that:

Movie-ish.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hold on while Obama pulls out and I push in. Don't worry its smaller this time maybe it won't hurt as much.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nuclear12346

^something was just done here, but I cant put my finger on it

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Mitt Romney’s Speeches: “A Better America Begins Tonight” and "Hold on a little longer

Haven't they all pretty much said that ... and it hasn't gotten better when they took over.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Imagine a man in a business suit who has hung himself by his necktie. He has no eyes, there are dollar signs instead. This is Mitt Romney. This is what he represents. We should start posting on his supporters forums and try to persuade those people instead of discussing things here. Feed their heads.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A Better America for Corporations, Billionaires, and Banks will certainly begin if Romney wins. Yes, we can make it better for the job creators!

I will be voting for the Corporatist born with silver spoon in his mouth, Mittens!!

The bankers are in love with Romney! All the more reason to vote for him, an American hero!
edit on 25-4-2012 by MiddleClassWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Sounds like something you'd hear in "Total Recall" or "They Live".

If you people think that electing Romney is the ticket out of your troubles, well I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

There's just one thing missing here:

WHAT ABOUT POOR SEAMUS?

top topics

join