It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Here Is On Twitter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
*** dodges the b**** slaps***

No....seriously though. I just opened my account and was wondering how many here have one. If you do, send me a u2u because i wanted to invite some people here to mine, but don't have time to look all up....so, who will "fess up" to this?

It's really good way to get info etc.....
Mods....I am not endorsing or promoting another site I swear. I am just curious how many people get info this way. Many times, news gets out there before anywhere else. Please don't delete me
***closes eyes and waits to see what will happen***

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Deleted. Deleted Facebook too but I am sure they will keep whatever they had on me for at least as long as Google has been in existence since there all part of the.....you know.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

i have accounts on all major social networks (being a sociologist researching these so-called "social" media) so yep, I've got a twitter account as well. For sure I won't use that one to discuss stuff that would be a great topic on ATS as you never know what happens with the data.

The only link I see between these social media and ATS is some of the features offered by them, to be implemented here on ATS. I like the idea of sharing circles the way Google does it. I like the way of commenting, interacting. But most important I think ATS would greatly improve if users were given features that allow them to moderate topics/users themselves, only impacting themselves. That would lower the amount of personal flames and attacks and would increase the speed of browsing tru the topics. And, of course, this wouldn't interfere with general moderation. If for one reason or another a post is in violation with T&C, mods can still intervene. If an end-user doesn't like a post or a comment, s/he can deal with it without impacting the overall availability of that content.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I HATE facebook....uggggh

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

I don't do facebook and all, but I thought I would try twitter....just because it's fast breaking info and a good way to keep up with friends without the intrusiveness off facebook.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Wasnt bad at first but when I found myself looking at my phone all day like the other weirdos and getting constant invites to play MOBWARS????

edit on 25-4-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I find myself using social networks less and less these days. I've found things I like to do more than sit and wait for someone to update me on the contents of their lunch, or their daily dramas.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yeah I cancelled FB too..

Still have twitter but haven't used in over a year and to be honest I wont be in future...you don't need to log in or be a member to read anything I don't think, you can search on there or google.

So say Stephen Fry Twitter...

Stephen Fry

You can click on that and read tweets.

There are also sites that post tweets of people and post some of the most interesting tweets.

Signing up to any of these things is just a drain on your time, energy and sanity.

In fact there was a great article about this in the Independent yesterday..

I would urge everybody to have a good read!!

Seriously

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 25/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have a twitter account, Im not a massive tweeter, but do enjoy following certain people and groups. It's also the best place for breaking news and following the big news stories.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
had it for about 2 minutes, deleted it...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

See, I've never understood this pressure to cut down on social media, and use more personal methods of communication because my phone legitimately rings every day (actual calls, not call centres), and I phone my friends often and they phone me, and I see them two or three times a week, as well as spending time with my family.
I guess I'm one of those lucky people who knows how to balance social media, and don't spend my entire life sitting there sharing my private life for others to read.
Even when I'm 'online' I'm not 'online' as I usually set any indicators to appear offline, I don't crave validation or being talked to in an impersonal way, and I really dislike chatting online, when once it would have been one of the things I did most. I guess people change.
Social networks are good when used in a certain way.
Share cool things, music, photos, and then talk about them in person a couple of days later. Thats how I roll

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Yeah, I'm wondering how long before i abandon ship. Just trying it out.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I'm the same way. I never chat online (don't even email much) ....I spend too much time here though.
Like I said, the main reason I'm trying this is for getting info, breaking news, and updates from friends and favorite interests all in one place.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm on twitter but I don't really use it all that much anymore to be honest. I still use Facebook and Skype though, both of which I'm using with my username here.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I use twitter.

I don't post much on there unless there's something I'm annoyed with that I can properly sum up in a few short characters... you know... traffic, bad weather, something stupid on the news etc.

It's not something I take particularly seriously, however, at times it can be quite interesting like as a news story is unfolding and people from that area are tweeting about it...

It is what you make of it I guess.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

I don't do facebook and all, but I thought I would try twitter....just because it's fast breaking info and a good way to keep up with friends without the intrusiveness off facebook.

I would like to recommend to you to organize your twitter-activities when you start using it. It's a good idea to use clients that allow for easy filtering, to put the accounts you like to follow in lists so you can sort the flow of information the way that suits you best. Otherwise you might suffer from a pretty bad signal/noise-ratio.

I'm on a mac and I use the previous version of tweetdeck (the version that allows you to post to multiple social media platforms at once, the version before Twitter acquired tweetdeck)

I would be happy to give you some "composition" tips if you want.

success with the wild stream of 140 character narratives :-)

new topics

top topics

join