It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Would it be possible to stop allowing audio ads? I'm clicking around and suddenly blasted by some crazy ad. It is night, and my husband is sleeping. I'm sure other people also have sleeping families or browse from work and this is not good.

Thanks for your consideration.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I know what you mean lol. I HATE verbose ads! I try my best to turn off my speakers when turning on my net connection, but sometimes I do forget, and when it's late at night I have gotten some complaints

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

The ad policy here is not user friendly, that's for sure. Those ones that float down and you can't shake them, the audio bombs, the more-or-less new ads which have changed and limited the New Topics section, and the ever present non-member ads which cut into every thread at every fourth or fifth post. Insulting to members and non-members both. But, as is always said, it's a privately owned website which we only "feel" is ours, hence the rub: it's all psychological!! We "feel" it's ours, we wouldn't do such things to friends and visitors, so of course the owners shouldn't do such things either. A vicious non-circle.

join