It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Bans Mother Over Photos of Disabled Son

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Good. I'm glad.
About time in my opinion.
Every time I go on that site I see some retarded kid or someone with cancer that I'm supposed to all of sudden care about. 50,000 likes and you could save this childs life. Hooey.

Excuse me? She wasn't asking for "likes" or anything to "save her child's life". She wanted to share the pictures of her son at his first Special Olympics game. I could say the same to you and wish you never posted any sort of family pictures either. Goes both ways.

I didn't say SHE was asking for likes. A great majority are though. Tired of seeing some 3rd generation photo of someone I'm supposed to give a crap about. I don't have a very photogenic family and if I did I would only do an oil painting.... Maybe watercolor.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Already deleted my Facebook page permanently (as permanently as you can). Google+ is far superior, just needs more people. Hope news like this will make that happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"Facebook" are in breach of their own rules of conduct in that it is they, not the mother of the boy in question, who are being racism. "Downs Syndrome" also called "Mongoloidism" is actually evolution in action. Most people wrongly believe it to be the result of a disease. However, it is actually a strain of DNA which we of "European" ancestry carry from our ice age "Eskimo" mums and dads as of those cold times. Thus the "Mongolian" facial and body characteristics. Also known as "Puggishness". It has nothing to do with mental difficiency or mental retardation. Indeed most of these children grow up to be above average intelligence, but suffer only because the "caucasian" in our midst are being xenophobic about our "mongolian" features. This "Downs Syndrome" should not be confused with conditions like as "Autism" or "Schizophrenia" or "Depression" or "Dyslexia" or "Feotal Alcohol Syndrome". If we are born with "puggish" features it is likely due to we being adaptation to living so far north. Thus "Downs Syndrome" is simply adaptation to living in a cold climate. The opposite is called "Dollicosipharia" where the child is born with "caucasian" features applicable to living in a hot climate. Dollicosipharic child are tall and thin so that they can stay cool in the hot weather. So in my opinion it is "Facebook" who are being racism. It is a fact that no less than 85% of the human species belong to the "mongolian" racial type. The whole of China belong to this catagory.

Above person is, according to certain race hygienicals, an extreme example of the "Downs Syndrome" ?

Here we see the difference between the "Caucasian" and the "Mongoloid".

This person is a good example of extreme "Dollicosipharia".

Believe it or not such "Dollicosipharic" people lived in Roman times, but their skulls are misinterpreted as being the head of a dog. Thus of the biblical liniage of Cain. Cannine. Dog like. The "Cannanites" that the Jewish slaughtered upon crossing the Jordan River to enter the Promised Land.

Such persons were simply murdered into non existence. Treated as if they were some kind of animal. Thus are nolonger existent. No doubt if such dollicosipharic children were to be born in our present times they would be passed off as being aliens from Sirius ? Or simply cross breeding with dogs ? The product of beastialism ? Are these dollicosipharic the "dragons" that the chinese elliminated in ancient times ? Also in Europe ? Are these the heathen "Creatures of the liniage of Cain" killed in the Anglo-Saxon epic by the germanic hero Beowolf ?

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

Vampires

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 30/4/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

No, it's not okay for any parent to post pictures of their children on the internet, regardless of the reason.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bubaroo

No, it's not okay for any parent to post pictures of their children on the internet, regardless of the reason.

Oh? Care to back up this outrageous statement with proof, then?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
"Facebook" are in breach of their own rules of conduct in that it is they, not the mother of the boy in question, who are being racism. "Downs Syndrome" also called "Mongoloidism" is actually evolution in action. Most people wrongly believe it to be the result of a disease. However, it is actually a strain of DNA which we of "European" ancestry carry from our ice age "Eskimo" mums and dads as of those cold times. Thus the "Mongolian" facial and body characteristics. Also known as "Puggishness". It has nothing to do with mental difficiency or mental retardation. Indeed most of these children grow up to be above average intelligence, but suffer only because the "caucasian" in our midst are being xenophobic about our "mongolian" features.

Um, wow, no. Down Syndrome is Trisomy 21, it is a genetic defect. People have all or part of a 3rd 21st chromosome. They are not above average intelligence. Most are below 80 IQ, severe cases are in the 30's for IQ. 100 is average. I have no idea where you got your information, but it could not be more wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

"Facebook" are in breach of their own rules of conduct in that it is they, not the mother of the boy in question, who are being racism. "Downs Syndrome" also called "Mongoloidism" is actually evolution in action. Most people wrongly believe it to be the result of a disease. However, it is actually a strain of DNA which we of "European" ancestry carry from our ice age "Eskimo" mums and dads as of those cold times. Thus the "Mongolian" facial and body characteristics. Also known as "Puggishness". It has nothing to do with mental difficiency or mental retardation. Indeed most of these children grow up to be above average intelligence, but suffer only because the "caucasian" in our midst are being xenophobic about our "mongolian" features.

Um, wow, no. Down Syndrome is Trisomy 21, it is a genetic defect. People have all or part of a 3rd 21st chromosome. They are not above average intelligence. Most are below 80 IQ, severe cases are in the 30's for IQ. 100 is average. I have no idea where you got your information, but it could not be more wrong.

You do realize that a majority of IQ tests are about math, correct? And that they only account for what you know on said test, not your overall intelligence, correct?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't know why everyone ALWAYS gets so upset over this garbage! Lets face a "FACT" Facebook has a terms of use, They can do whatever they want. If you do not like it, stop crying about it and just don't use it.

It's not a crime. If I make a web site and people join it and I say all you can do is post your face pic and nothing else, guess what, you violate that then to bad so sad! I made the damn thing and made the rules! If I find pics of your handy capped son violate "my" terms, so what! Don't like it? move on. And as far as moms posting pics breastfeeding their child, Why in the world would you want to share that? Posting a pic of your handicapped son is like posting an, all you can eat buffet for ever person on the net that wants to make fun of your son. So sorry the world is like that!

It's full of people who hunt out that stuff! Facebook was protecting your child from abuse! live with it! And grow up! This world I tell you, next thing you know someone will sue for pouring hot coffee on themselves!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You do realize that a majority of IQ tests are about math, correct? And that they only account for what you know on said test, not your overall intelligence, correct?

Do you know anyone with Down Syndrome? If they are above average intellect why would it matter what is tested? Show me a source saying they are above average intellect. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

It's amazing what happens when ignorance and fantasy collide.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Proof of what? I don't think it's right for people to be posting pictures of their children all over the internet. Was her picture wrong? No, Outside of the fact he was wielding an axe (yes I know its a toy.) I just don't think it's safe to do it. If she wanted to show the people she cared about the picture, send it privately or take them the picture personally. Too many shady, monsterous eyes roaming things like Facebook, and too many ignorant parents that don't see it but want justice when something happens to their kid like bullying and the pedoes that set up dates.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Do you know anyone with Down Syndrome? If they are above average intellect why would it matter what is tested? Show me a source saying they are above average intellect. Thanks.

Yes, I do. While she doesn't have intelligence in some things we do, she does have an above average intelligence in other things. Show me a source saying they have below 80 IQ.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bubaroo
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad. There are too many photos and things floating around of all these sick children, and it seems it's more or less an attempt at attention by the parents. Yes, we understand your son has downsyndrome, and no you don't need ti remind me every few minutes,

You surely don't have any kids. I could perhaps understand if the Mom was posting a photo of her kid in a strange position or pose....but remember, this boy was in the Special Olympics. The kid may, after all is said and done, be on TV.
Mom is proud of her son, so she posts a photo of her pride and joy. The strange thing is, my daughter has a son with Downs, and she has his photo on FB without a problem. Perhaps she, the Mom, was attempting to raise awareness of Downs Syndrome? This is how it's done in America, I'm afraid. Anyone old enough to remember Paula Sage, Scottish film actress and Special Olympics netball athlete?
Who couldn't love a face like this?

Photo Source

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I have four children, actually. And just so we're clear, they are all from the same girl who I've been with for 10 years. (Don't want you thinking I'm one of THOSE guys) And I'm against any parent posting pictures of their children on facebook. Why not just make the kid sit on a stage and let the hate flow that way? You think I have something against people with Downs Syndrome? No. What I do have a problem with is the half-assed parenting that leads to all the problems we face on the internet. While I would never make fun of a person with this, there are plenty that would, and when it does happen, the mother will be the first to complain, when she's the one that put the kid up for show.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Same as people with autism, people with downs are all very different people. There is no blanket you can throw them under, same as any other people. Some are "smarter" than others, some cope with regular day to day things better than others. A lot of it depends on the parenting, and the specialized help they do or do not get. The earlier they are enrolled, the better. The doctors were trying to get the parents of the downs in my family into specialized classes since he was three years old. His parents were in total denial and refused until he was six years old.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This is outrageous in the most serious sense of the word. How exactly are photos of her child at a Special Olympics event even close to "hate speech, support of violent organizations or a threat to harm others"?

I would understand if it were some photo about supporting terrorists or something along those lines, but photos of her Downs Syndrome son? Really Facebook, really???

It just completely baffles me that these photos would be marked as such a thing and this woman banned from Facebook for 3 days because of it.

Facebook has gone WAY too far with this and I honestly hope this woman sues or something.

Thoughts?

newsok.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25/4/2012 by Believer101 because: Spelling error.

Her Facebook friends must have thought the album was offensive or objectionable in some way. Facebook hardly ever monitors things themselves, only when something garners a lot of attention.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yes, I do. While she doesn't have intelligence in some things we do, she does have an above average intelligence in other things. Show me a source saying they have below 80 IQ.

Here's several:

Down Syndrome - Merck Patient & Caregiver Manual
Living with Down Syndrome
Down's Syndrome Symptoms - NHS UK

Aside from this, Down's Syndrome isn't even indicated by IQ test.

IQ tests, unlike the many found on the internet, don't actually involve a lot of math. I've had to take a couple for educational reasons, and there was far more emphasis on logic exercises than any math. Remember that labyrinth game, where you tilt the maze to get the marble to the finish? Had to do that. Failed horribly.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Easilly done.

The average IQ score for the general population is 100. People with Down’s syndrome have an IQ of 25 to 80, with an average score of 50.

www.nhs.uk...

While progress in all areas is usually slower than it is for typically developing children

Speech and language development is an area of particular difficulty for children with Down syndrome, and the children's speech and language progress usually lags behind their non-verbal reasoning and communication abilities.

www.down-syndrome.org...

One dealing with the direct IQ, another one dealing with the fact they have significant impairments.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join