It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 year old child awaiting heart transplant abducted from hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Reuters) - A child-abduction alert was issued on Tuesday in St. Louis for a 5-year-old boy who police said was on a waiting list for a heart transplant and is believed to have been taken by his father.

Porter Stone was reported missing from Children's Hospital at 4:20 p.m. local time after his father, with whom he left, called the boy's mother to tell her "he was taking his son," said officer Sherri Bruns of the St. Louis Police Department.

The couple reportedly has been embroiled in a custody dispute over the boy, she said

The boy was carrying a backpack with a medical intravenous pump and medication that will last 48 hours, Bruns said. He was at the hospital awaiting a transplant, she said, adding, "He is next on the list."

The kid was next in line, and his father abducts him.

What was this father thinking? Was he thinking he would just run off with the child and would somehow be fine? The article says the mother and father were in a custody battle. Im guessing the guy put his own emotions first, ahead of his childs health. The poor kid may not even know what's going on. If you were the other spouse, how could you tell this story to your kid after everything is over? I dont know how I could manage if I was the mother.

It's stories like these that make me wonder...what they heck is going through some of these peoples minds?
edit on 25-4-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Years...many many years.... Deep Dark cells in very nasty prisons. These are the images that come to mind as the best I hope he sees if that boy has his heart come up and isn't there to accept it from the donor. He may die waiting for one...but he;ll almost certainly die waiting for a SECOND one.

MANY many years.... Florence, Colorado comes to mind.
What a heartless troll of a man, no pun intended.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This made my heart sink. How people can be so selfish when it comes their own children I will never know.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm from Missouri... When I first heard this report earlier I thought it was so bazaar. Now seeing it here on ATS it is just as crazy.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
gosh this is the OPPOSITE

of John Q

epitome of selfish, childish parents NOT fit for parenting let alone custody.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

To me its like, when I read through the news and see the murders, shootings, ect... stories, I dont pay much attention to those since they are so "ordinary" so to say. But when I see a story like this one, it makes my head spin. Sometimes I just want to stick my head out of the window and say "What the heck is wrong with these people!"

link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
This made my heart sink. How people can be so selfish when it comes their own children I will never know.

Agree.

When it comes to a child's life on the line,there is NO excuse,to put your child,in jeopardy.

link   
reply to post by buni11687

This poor family. That father is probably extremely anti organ transplants, for whatever reason. Some people have strong religious beliefs about such things. I'm sure he is convinced he is doing the right thing by his boy.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Absolutely agreed. I can't even imagine the thought process here. What did this poor little boy to do to deserve a Father like this? geeze... Poor kid. At least the bizzare nature of this will grab people's attention who might overlook or ignore a typical Amber Alert.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Good news -

Amber alert for boy in St. Louis cancelled

ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- KSDK reports 5-year-old Porter Stone has been found safe in the Chicago area. An amber alert was issued Tuesday after police say the boy was taken from the St. Louis Children's Hospital by his father.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Oh thank God. I can sleep well now. Thanks for that!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh wow.. the scumbag ran all the way to Chicago with him?!? Thank God for Amber Alerts and the warning systems we now have. Years ago? 300 miles away? I'm afriad this would have likely ended in tragedy.

Now lets see the system stuff this evil creature into a hole so deep, he forgets what natural sunshine actually looks like. The poor kid will remember all this, I fear, but he's only 5. Given a few years..this will fade as long as that sorry excuse for a Father is not in the picture.

new topics

top topics

join