It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indoctrinating your young child with Christianity is mental child abuse.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Its like a revolving circle in our world. If your son or daughter which i have each learn about Santa, Easter, Jesus. Then its all over. I grew up believing in all three. But I read the bible on my own and need no man to tell me about GOD. I have eyes and ears. But where most people (age 38-40) get off at religion is giving up on the world and wanting something new. Forgetting to read first the word and understanding it your way and not someone elses way. So we just resort to our fathers or grandparents trust and faith. Religion. Lies.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by novastrike81

Basically, in a nut shell, yes.

Christ is all that is good and holy,

without Christ you're not really living, you're a walking corpse

So all us non-believers have no morals, we don't see any hope in our present and future lives?

Where do Christians get this disingenuous idea that people who don't believe in the Bible have no morals.. it's the stupid idea ever. Then again I bet you aren't giving up your possessions and living without riches...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Because I was an atheist for 19 years and most of my family are atheists,

and I see it firsthand all the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Basically, in a nut shell, yes.

Christ is all that is good and holy,

without Christ you're not really living, you're a walking corpse

So all us non-believers have no morals, we don't see any hope in our present and future lives?

Where do Christians get this disingenuous idea that people who don't believe in the Bible have no morals.. it's the stupid idea ever. Then again I bet you aren't giving up your possessions and living without riches...

I see better morals outside the christian realm of theologians. Althought I am not atheist, they will sit and listen to scripture quicker than others and give better discussion due to the fact they are not predetermined in their thought process. As far as the walking corpse reference. Paul the writter of 13 books of the KJV bible tells jesus believers that "yea are all dead." When GOD says, "LIVE"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Christian parents are going to raise their kids Christian but that does not mean they will turn out to be Christian

The Brainwashing didn't work on me, or my sister closest to me, but it certainly did work on my little Brother and Sister. My Brother became a preacher for many years, until he researched the Bible and Christianity, but my little Sister is, quite sadly still in the Cult.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I see nothing at all wrong with living a life of fear of the LORD, and feeling guilt and shame over filthy sins we've committed....

I see that as a positive outlook on life, if anything, really....

That is the worst part of Christianity of all, Based on Fear! Of a Person/Human! To live a life in fear, is to live a life in bondage and chains. Don't you yet know what a "Lord" is? A master of slaves, I'm afraid.
But, in all honesty, humans were created to be slaves, some of us have just risen about that mentality, and some never will.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am a slave to Jesus the Christ,

I am VERY proud to be His Majestys slave.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Thank God at least someone in your family clung to the truth!

Now it's your turn to come back to reality!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Actually, I am.

My friends and family all think I'm pretty much the best thing walking earth...

Here is all I see when I read that, friend. Pretty high horse you ride in one, huh?

narcism noun
1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity. Synonyms: self-centeredness, smugness, egocentrism.
2. Psychoanalysis: erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.
source
Raising one's children is their own business, but to put yourself up like that.....well, you could use some professional help, I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Try taking what I said in context, instead of out of context.....

I won't hold my breath though, seeing as how you take everything you read out of context to fit your own views.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There are "cults" in all religions. Good teachers, bad teachers. Indoctrination into a cult is not something I would wish on anyone. If my teenage daughter was taken my a person, and if someone from a religious compound decided to snag her, start brainwashing her, eventually marrying her to one of the cult member...

Well - I have shotguns.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thank God at least someone in your family clung to the truth!

Now it's your turn to come back to reality!

Whose reality? Yours? No thank you. I have lived in THAT world, friend. I would not call myself a Christian for a million dollars, for one day, they all will have to pay for what they have done.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
On the theme of Young Children being indoctrinated into Christianity. To understand Christianity is to be able to understand the concepts of Metaphore and that common link with Allegory and Parable. These concepts are too difficult for most children and even few adults can rise to the task until they reach the age of 40 plus.

The Christian narratives speak in metaphore language and the Bible Narrative as a whole makes much use of allegory language that few even recognize and attempt to read in the literal sense only, which corrupts the entire meaning of the The Word and The Way.

Most of what is given to little children is the pagan ideas that the Organized Church embraced to pull in those slow to change from the old ways of Sun god worship. So, little kids get schooled in the games of Easter Eggs, Easter Bunnies and such from the games of Babylon's Trinity with Tammus. Doing that does set up a large factor for mental abuse for the child, as Christ was totally against these Pagan ideas and the literal interpretations of the Bible. Such Double-Talk makes for a sort of schozophrenia in the minds of organized religion's followers, and definitely does not teach children in a simple, concise, and truth filled way.

It is absolutely necessary to be able to read the Bible and understand the areas where allegory speak is being used, and the ability to see these areas and understand the differences in the interpretations is called the lower realm or literal knowledge, and the other is called the upper realm knowledge that Jesus and all the old Prophets understood and spoke in like fashion.

I think there are better ways for kids to learn and stay on the high realm of teaching, but this falling away from the message of Christ is all about this near total inability of the organized church to read and understand this higher realm message. This is the issues of the lower realm, which is called the Beast level of knowledge, and what Revelations speaks to as the Anti-Christ.

So, I do think much of the old Sun God themes should be edited out of the childrens education process in the church, as it plants the wrong image. It will be difficult for parents to teach these higher realm interpretations of the Christians more pious truths, but it begins with the parents learning these higher realm religion speak methods first. The falling away is all about loosing this higher realm level of understanding.

One of the better Internet Sites that tends to clue the reader into this theme of higher realm and lower realm of thought is this one:

ebionite.com...

The message here is that Jesus is just a Messiah and the method he followed was one called The Way, and when one understands the Jesus methods of Parables, and the link with metaphore and allegory methods, then one begins the journey into the higher realm of speaking and thinking. Jesus mindset, as well as the Essene and many others, was only on this higher plateau of thought.

Children should really be given just the examples that help them to climb the ladder to this higher realm of thought at each step of their learning process.

It means the organized church needs to clean up its act and toss out all the old Pagan Sun worship issues and the too simple literal methods of the Pharisee that corrupt the way to the higher meaning.

edit on 27-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Childrens better pathways don't begin with Pagan Symbolism--Easter, Christmas, etc.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What you believe is what you believe. What we believe is what we believe. If we want to teach our kids about the Messiah it is our right to do so. Mind your own business and stop minding ours.
edit on 27-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well said Lonewolf. Simple and to the point. It isn't nobodies business what we teach our kids.

Furthermore, I am not no Christian - I still think that spirituality, theology, and cultural idealism should be taught to our children IN high school. Let's prepare our kids for the real world out there, boy's and girl's. Not everyone is going to think the same way. At least in recognizing the differing schools of thought, we are giving our children an opportunity to use their mind rationally and interact with one another peacefully. The parents will straighten away any misconceptions. That is part of a parent's job.

Could it be...that separation of church and state was done to eradicate faith in a Higher Power so that the power is put in the seat of the government? Hmmmm????

Just my opinion.
edit on 27-4-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: rephrasing for clarity

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Well said Lonewolf. Simple and to the point. It isn't nobodies business what we teach our kids.

Furthermore, I am not no Christian - I still think that spirituality, theology, and cultural idealism should be taught to our children IN high school. Let's prepare our kids for the real world out there, boy's and girl's. Not everyone is going to think the same way. At least in recognizing the differing schools of thought, we are giving our children an opportunity to use their mind rationally and interact with one another peacefully. The parents will straighten away any misconceptions. That is there job.

Could it be...that separation of church and state was done to eradicate faith in a Higher Power so that the power is put in the seat of the government? Hmmmm????

Just my opinion.

Can't eradicate God, Rome tried to eradicate him and us and they failed miserably. We can teach our kids whatever, but ultimately its their decision to make on wether or not they follow after Yeshua or after some other thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Can't eradicate God, Rome tried to eradicate him and us and they failed miserably. We can teach our kids whatever, but ultimately its their decision to make on wether or not they follow after Yeshua or after some other thing.

Let's see if I get this quote thing right. LOL.

Well, Lonewolf, I'd dare say you and I would have a good old time bantering back and forth on "some other thing." But that is what makes life fun. Blessed be, Lonewolf. Even when I disagree with you, I always enjoy reading your opinions. May your God bless you and Christ walk with you always.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I do think you accidently tripped on the central problem of Christian Religion, and it is this deal of "Jesus as Messiah" or "Jesus god" that you propose that sets up the Split Personality Disorder issues in the organized churches presentation of Christianty.

Certainly, most of the world looks at what the Organized Church has done to Christ's message and calls you as in the wrong. This certainly affects children as they'll take notice that somebody lied on one end of the theme or the other. That isn't a good way to teach kids with the very belief that most of the world is going to shoot them down over and cause massive mental development disorders for the kids. It is no longer an isolated world in which we live, and beliefs are judged by the community of man.

I've read most of the sources of what Jesus was and what he called himself and that was he was the Messiah, sent to change the low order understanding of the Pharisee into the higher realm methods that understand the allegorical wording methods of the Old Testament, and this was included in the "Jesus speak" of the New Testament.

This split level, the dichotomy, of knowledge causes all these disputes on ATS and really the greater world on the issues of Christianty being wrong or the people are just too "functionally illiterate" (that is a specil ed term) of the skills needed to process the information. I've looked and the presentation methods are indeed too difficult for kids to grasp and most adults are even lost to ever finding the truth because the bought to heavily into the literal interpretations, which was one in the same as the failings of the Pharisee on reading the Old Testaments.

There are other religions that are much more simple to comprehind and that don't start the kids out on the wrong foot. This means there is much less divisions in their teachings and the adults and kids operate on the same sheet of music as they study the higher levels of learning. So, this complicated knowledge needed to process the Bible allegorical level understanding is out of the reach of the little ones, and the world looks into the Christian teachers and asks why do they corrupt their children and start them off on the wrong foot.

The problem is as it was in the times of Jesus and the Pharisee. Jesus and the Essene spoke using allegorical type wording and compositions, and the literal meanings and the allegorical meanings were pretty much direct opposites of each other. These direct opposite understandings are what had Jesus nailed to the cross because the low level mentality of the Pharisee only saw the literal meanings of what Jesus spoke.

It is this same difference that has the organized church types on ATS at the throats of the folks that understand the allegorical form of expression that the Bible and Jesus both wrote in extinsively. So, now the very same thing happens on ATS with those of the low of ability to understand allegory trying to nail the higher ability understanding types to the cross. They seek a new Spanish Inquisition because most of the world won't buy Jesus as god, but the world does generally buy Jesus as the Prophet and some even as the Messiah.

It is perfectly fine to call yourself a Christian because you believe Jesus as a Great Prophet or the Messiah sent to correct the Pharisee. Don't let the extremists of religion views tell you otherwise or treat you badly, as you are the true believer in Jesus, his Chosen Few. It is also perfectly proper to believe in the intelligent order of the universe and call that god. Doing so makes your themes the most pious of truth for religion.

The extremists views that insist Jesus as god are the ones considered to be in the wrong by the majority of the world, and those that think the Jesus as Prophet, Great Teacher, Great Moralist, the Messiah are the more correct.

Expecting little kids to have to spend 40 years to gain this understanding of this Christian dichotomy is indeed too much to expect. What can be expected is that the adults with the highest skills set the stage, and this would be persons like Jeffersons and those that understood the world of religion from more than the view of just one book and using the literal sense of learning in that single reference.

The Church should be setting the limits and the standards, but most are just about money, setting up drama to gain converts for more money, and they don't even care about the truth in the organized church. The Bible is a mish mash of the pagan with the pious version of god, and with that it causes divisions on ATS, the Religious Communities in the US, and the greater world's view of the Christians as illiterates of religion and the theme of god, morals, pious teaching, and seeking the greater good for humanity.

I'd recommend parents either come up to speed in these issues, and if they can't do that, choose a simpler path that won't disappoint the kid in later life. When one chases down all the pathways of religion one finds the intelligent design is mother nature and she pays little attention to humans. There are thoughts of what god is and where we came from in the universe and these all originate in the concepts of human thought and on the highest levels are expressed in allegorical messages in both the Old Testament and the New.

There is much drama about these simple things, and most children will find a better life and higher respect in the world with the greatest distance from the organized church. In other parts of the world, that never knew a thing of the Christian teachings, they find themselves happier, less confused, and better integrated into their communities than here in places like the US. You don't find kids going crazy in schools and shooting up each other when the nurturing is a unified ideal coming from truth and a unified community.

You can see what even the organized church thinks of children, as they are treated as sex objects for exploitation. The organized churches message is being rejected by the greater world, and the fallout of this process is pushing Islam into the forefront as easier to understand, less uses of allegory wordings, and written at the lower realm's level of ability to understand.

The only way for the Christian theme to begin to compete is make things really simple again, sticking to the simple truths, and start with the kids and don't make it so comfusing that it takes 40 plus years to come close to the clear understanding, and even then most fail the task.

As the world becomes one, the divisions of thought have to conform to the highest level of truth, and it is that function of the church that is failing. Trying to push the illiterates beliefs indeed do cause worlds in conflict. If you want to see you child killed, the allow the illiterate to lead. If you want to be free, then the pious truth will set you free and be the best thing to teach your child to function well in the world.

In the End Times, the message is very clear-----the world is merging and these of the poor understanding of these religion texts are going to find themselves distroyed with a novel concept called truth.

edit on 27-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Christianty is dying due to lower mental skills in the population

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I didn't get it right.

Dang it!!

ARRGGGHHHH matey....

<< 1    3 >>

join