It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Apologies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by descendedstar

A "social experiment"? Then you lied on purpose?

I almost closed my business so I could try and contact people near there? An earthquake of that magnitude would have nationwide repercussions. I rely so much on a partner who lives near there, I'd be out of business overnight. It would have been catastrophic for me here as well. Even if he survived I'd likely have to cancel at least one contract until he was functional and back in an office doing his end again. It could have been a financial catastrophe for me.

Thank God I checked it out before I reacted any further. My first thought was to send my people home until I had enough information, cheating them out of their pay and me out of the income they generate.

The more I think about the words "social experiment" the madder I get, so I'd better just take your apology for what it's worth. You can safely conclude yelling fire in a movie theater is wrong. I thought you were just mistaken and I was not actually that upset, but "social experiment"
Not so sure about that to be honest.

Yes I am sure. You admit to lying and your still here?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by descendedstar
reply to post by jerryznv

.. I wouldn't hold your breath for the type of technical figures you are accustom to seeing. The thread was not up for long but it showed a few hints of how the general public react to the types of information that they read. I will throw up what I took in from what i observed in the morning when i have time to type it all out.
edit on 24-4-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

Oh I will stay tuned...maybe some of your data might be useful...as quick as it was collected!

More of a subject study and not a population random sample though...so curiosity is peaked about your experiment!

What was the hypothesis though?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by descendedstar
reply to post by Destinyone

Im sure you will sleep fine. As you know all is well.

Take care.

My Daughter and her Husband just moved to Bethesda from Ca...I have many friends and relatives there....I do think it was a bit irresponsible to post what you did on a personal whim. It did cause me a lot of stress for a short time. Not the best thing for this 61 year old Woman. I'm still trying to convince myself the chest pains were due to huge amounts of adrenaline coursing through my body.

Des

edit on 24-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Uhm,blaine,this IS a conspiratorial site,and nothing should be taken seriously until it's investigated.
I am with you on the blatant misinformation from the original op on the story.
Whether or not it was an "experiment".
It was wrong and should not be taken lightly.
But,don't rely on this place for accuracy.
You should know better,you have been around long enough.
Reliable sources is your friend.
Not trying to discredit this place,just do your research before jumping to conclusions.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
After reading the entire thread...and considering everything... I'd say apology accepted. I'm not far from how Blaine feels because most of my family on my Moms side is in the San Fernando Valley and L.A. Basin. If it'd been accurate...I'd have likely lost a few of them and of course, our entire nation would have changed tonight. Your scenario epicenter was closer to San Onofre than Los Angeles. Literally, if I'm not mistaken....so yeah.. Umm.. It was one time I'm glad I have the bookmark collection I do for verifying everything up to a timequake. (well.. almost.. lol)

Bad taste, Bad Judgement. However, how many who do worse ever even try to apologize and explain? That makes all the difference.....just this once.
All's good here...now that my heartbeat has slowed back down to normal and We didn't just lose a part of our nation. err..

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The OP posted a thread stating that a HUGE EQ of 8.9 had hit Ca. as a joke on us I guess....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Can't be funny anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Can't be funny anymore.

What do you mean by that K-dog...I did forgive him. But I also told him, for his research purposes, exactly what I experienced due to what he posted. Do I consider it funny...not really. But, I'm trying to make the best of the situation now. And, am very relieved that it wasn't true. Will I get to sleep anytime soon...nope...

Des

edit on 24-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No,destiny,not you.
Or anyone for that matter.
can not discuss it.
I have been ..........................
nothing more

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by sonnny1

The OP posted a thread stating that a HUGE EQ of 8.9 had hit Ca. as a joke on us I guess....

Hmmmm....

Being disingenuous,and LYING is NOT cool.

If it was something that was on accident,then I would accept anyone's apology. But if it was meant to "deceive" outright,well........That's just plain wrong,and is against T&C.

15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

.. I wouldn't hold your breath for the type of technical figures you are accustom to seeing. The thread was not up for long but it showed a few hints of how the general public react to the types of information that they read. I will throw up what I took in from what i observed in the morning when i have time to type it all out.

I think...IMO...this pretty much sums up that experiment!

It wasn't an experiment at all...I mean along with that apology...I would have expected a basic outline of the experiment...and why we at ATS were considered for the experiment!

I call BS on all sides...there was no experiment...and this was an attempt to save face for reading data inaccurately (or drunk...) and turning a "3" into an "8" on accident!

Which is forgivable...but intentionally covering up a mistake makes it seem more like a perpetuated hoax!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join