It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird orange glowing object spotted in Santa Monica, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just got back home a few minutes ago from Santa Monica ( I was at the pier at a restaurant having dinner) and I saw something in the sky that I'm not so sure what it was. There was this weird strange squiggly line that appeared in the sky and it seemed to moving in a horizontal trajectory. My first thought was that it probably was a plane that reflected the light of the sunset that was obviously taking place. I then noticed that this object glowed all over and my next thought was, its probably a blimp then.

Nope, it was way too "thin" and not that big. After concluding it was neither, I noticed the object stop, continue squiggling around and then suddenly it disappeared. It was no longer there! I had my cell phone next to me but I did not take a picture because of the two possiblities of what this could have been ( a plane or a blimp). Im really kicking myself for not recording it
because I would have had some interesting material right now.

Does anyone living in the Los Angeles/Santa Monica area see this as well by any chance? Or any idea of what it could have been ??

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Earthquake lights maybe? There was a smallish one in the LA area near OC just a short while ago. It was only a 3.9 but it seems like what I've seen about the EQ light phenomena is usually associated with larger EQs. Just trying to put something out there other than Chinese lantern.
edit on 24-4-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

You get a S&F for kicking yourself!!!!!!!!lol. Being an ATS'er you should be ashamed... lol you know I'm playing more then anything...I'm sure u learned your lesson...

Your description reminded me of that Texas incident where all sorts of people got PICS...( no no not another dig...lol) of squigally lines lights. They never identified it.....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I had my hand in my purse and thought nah, when it comes closer i'm sure it'll be a plane. Wrong !! Agh lol. I know it want a Chinese lantern cause I've seen them before in action. It wasn't a flare either cause it had a mechanical nature to it. The way it moved and path it followed. Also, not very high in sky. Im guessing 300ft

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Don't kick yourself for not taking a picture, be happy because most people never see anything at all. Like me I've never seen anything but I live in MS and there's nothing here lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've never seen a plane or a blimp "squiggle". Do you get fireflies there?

I saw an orange orb-like thing above me once while cycling home around midnight, it shot off when I looked up. Freaked the hell out of me.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

No fireflies either. Whatever this thing was, was about the length of a plane and a half. Nothing come out of it just moving along the coast, then stopping and vanishing. It didn't leave a trail of smoke and there was no clouds.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Fireflies... yes, huge ones.

Very interesting. I saw something slightly similar to this a week ago. I was walking home from a friend's house, and I was even thinking "Good night for UFO watching" -- it was warm and there was no fog.

What I saw matched your description of the "squiggly" movements --- although mine did not stop on a dime, as you've describe. Mine was yellow, and I still feel it very well could have been a flare, although it was very high in the sky --- and I live in a small damn town, where people don't just shoot flares off

Lasted about 3 seconds, maybe four before disappearing. Kind of in an arc pattern. Strange was how it disappeared, or had no sparks of any kind. Then again we see strange things all the time in Northern California.

new topics

top topics

join