It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls Secret Service Agents Accused in Colombia Scandal Knuckleheads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can agree with some of your points and opinions. But only some.

Of course the election year thing allows this to get over emphasized and side tracked with seemingly petty issues.

But still I will consider the magnitude of the fact that this involves the SS and other high level agencies and possibly White House staff people.

The President needs to stay silent until all the facts are known.

This is a high level Federal investigation.

We all need to remember that.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah I know where your coming from and if this in fact was a high level, super important investigation, I would agree, but it's clearly not.

It's clearly that a couple of SS guys wanted to get laid, so they tried to get some hookers, because it was legal in Columbia and they figured it would be easy.

These are just dumb men, who made a mistake. That's my opinion anyway, and I think the media would stop at NOTHING to overblow this story out of proportion so they can cover up some other important news that's going on somewhere else this week.

Had there been any real compromise of information, they would have scrapped the trip, or changed the hotel, changed the entire detail, changed the entire planning of the event, the routes etc..

As they seem to just want to carry on as usual ( except for wanting to crucify these SS agents to a wall for being dumb and human) I'm thinking this is not the big deal they would like us to believe.

And honestly, If I caught any of my employees trying to pick up hookers at work, I would call them more things than simply "knuckle heads".

~Tenth
edit on 4/24/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The one who argued with the hooker over the payment for services rendered is the real knucklehead. He pretty much wrecked all the fun for the future advance teams.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Since I can see several media outlets with the same story,
I assume that this was the term Mr. President used.

Knuckleheads?

I am at a near loss for words, however I am sure Mr. Presidents language
would be starkly different if the same knuckleheads were knuckleheads
at the very wrong moment.

S&F from me, I would have missed this one.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well there is a different twist being discussed in some circles.

What IF this entire episode was a plot to discredit Obama from the start.

Some think this was a right wing scheme to hire the "women" and then have the "women" start a fracas in public view.

Not as difficult to accomplish in a foreign country as it would be at home !!

Perhaps even some "advanced" info was "leaked" to authorities to be on the lookout.

It is possible !!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sounds like he is trying to come across as a forgiving father figure. You know the words chosen are chosen carefully so as to create some desired effect. That's what I see.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here's an article from 2010 about a Russian spy plot ...

Put his in perspective with the current situations.

Published June 29, 2010

Obama administration officials say the arrest of 11 people accused of being part of a Russian spy ring is a mere bump in the road to better relations with America's former Cold War foe.

The White House and the State Department both downplayed the implications of the blockbuster investigation, which revealed an elaborate Russian intelligence plot to infiltrate the U.S. government. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday that President Obama had been briefed a "number of times" before the arrests and was "fully and appropriately informed" of the investigation.

He said Obama knew about it even before he took Russian President Dmitry Medvedev out to a Virginia burger joint last Thursday.

Beyond that, Gibbs said the president has no "personal reaction" to the case and that the arrests should not hurt the administration's attempts to mend fences with Moscow.

White House Downplays Russian Spy Plot, Says Obama Knew Before Medvedev Visit

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join