It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls Secret Service Agents Accused in Colombia Scandal Knuckleheads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Obama Calls Secret Service Agents Accused in Colombia Scandal Knuckleheads
April 24, 2012 -- Fox

To Claify ...... Obama was refering to the agents accused and caught in the scandal, Not all agents or the Agency itself !!

Still a very bold (nonchalant ?) statement considering the magnitude of the whole thing !!

Jeesh !! It almost sounds like he's "justifying" something ???

President Obama spoke about the Secret Service Colombian prostitute scandal for the first time since returning from Cartagena, calling most agents' work incredible and those involved in the scandal knuckleheads.

"The secret service, these guys are incredible," the president said. "So a couple of knuckleheads shouldn't detract from what they do but what these guys were thinking I don't know. That's why they're not there anymore."

Mr. Obama made the comments during a taping of the NBC talk show "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he gave a speech on student loan interest rates.

other related threads:

WH: No WH staff involved in prostitution scandal

Chuck Grassley: Colombian prostitutes or Russian spies?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Jeesh !! It almost sounds like he's "justifying" something ???

what do you mean it sounds like he is 'justifying something'?

justifying firing them?

edit on 24-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, I am inclined to agree with Obama.

On the other hand, these are guys who are trained and sworn to take a bullet for the President. With that sort of job description, I might allow them a lot of slack regarding their down time.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
JUst curious but were those agents black or white,
knuckleheads.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What did you want Barry to say? He depends on the SS to protect him and so he must dance with the media, and SS agents, accordingly. Curious to know what you would've said given these circumstances?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't understand what your getting out? Do you mean knucklehead isn'[t enough? It not like he is going to come out and say these certain # heads really ruin the image of the SS or something lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There is our Commander and Chief again. Not a single issue of any level or any degree of importance can pass...not ONE...not ONE DAY of it..without him standing to make a comment.

I thought we had a President, not the world's best known talking head and commentator? Dump the commentary, is what I say. We need a leader, not a man full of opinions and bad ideas. We have a nation full of that as it is.....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The main point is This.

Obama should not comment at all about an ongoing investigation !!

Especially one that directly affects Him and other people under the SS.

His comments can easily be taken the wrong way and place the Agency as well as other people in jeopardy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

There is our Commander and Chief again. Not a single issue of any level or any degree of importance can pass...not ONE...not ONE DAY of it..without him standing to make a comment.

Umm, you get he was answering a question, right?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The main point is This.

His comments can easily be taken the wrong way and place the Agency as well as other people in jeopardy.

Uh how is that going to put people in jeopardy? These people are not working. They are sitting on their hands waiting for the results. Considering these people are paid to protect him, I think he has the right to comment on that protection. If he thinks they are dunderheads so be it.

Of course, I'm pretty much convinced Obama could say everything you wanted to hear and you'd still bash him because he's Obama. He can't do anything to please you (short of resigning or killing himself). We all know that.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Umm.. Were you around to watch Bush, Clinton and Daddy Bush? Every President is asked questions from just about every topic imaginable. This is the first one to never say no, decline to comment or just outright tell a reporter that isn't a question for the President of the United States. I'm not sure I've heard it in quite those words? I've sure heard past Presidents express the sentiment. Repeatedly.

No topic is off limits to this one though..unless of course, that topic is BAD news for HIM. Then.. Whoa.... No questions!! Press conferences have been known to just END abruptly if someone dares ask a question that isn't 'friendly'. Quite a man we have here..... Less than a year left to suffer him.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It puts his life at risk their job is to protect and take a bullet for him its just damn right disrespectful as well,.

The secret service are bascially incredible knuckleheads when it comes to them they have his back at all time the reverse should be true as well.

Fact is he don't and creates bad moral which creates bad performance that can get people killed.

That is why it is an issue.
edit on 24-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The main point is This.

Yikes.

Are you saying you would like the President to be..."Un--transparent" regarding this topic? I would think, being people who strive for freedom of information and facts that we would be VERY happy with Obama discussing an ongoing investigation that seems to be the talk of the town lately.

Which I don't really understand honestly. How is this a big deal? How does a couple of guys wanting to have some fun while on "vacation" end up plastered on every front page of every MSM?

Cause it's an election year, and the media need these stories or people will stop paying attention to them, and their influences.

Really though, this isn't news, it's not important and has little to no impact on anything going on today.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can only reiterate that this issue IS an ongoing investigation at Federal levels.

Obama should not comment at all let alone appear to be "funning" some aspects.

There is a very real possibility that classified information could have / may have been compromised !!

All the big agencies including Congress are investigating as we speak.

An article last week stated that the President's schedule may have been "seen".

It's not like Colombia is the safest place in the world either.

Politicians and judges routinely have been assassination targets in the recent past.

Good grief !!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

There is a very real possibility that classified information could have / may have been compromised !!

Yea, someone unzipped their fly and let that info hang out.

An article last week stated that the President's schedule may have been "seen".

And? How does calling someone a knucklehead play into that? Is someone going to haul off and kill him because he said that? You aren't making much sense here.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

The main point is This.

Uh how is that going to put people in jeopardy? These people are not working. They are sitting on their hands waiting for the results. Considering these people are paid to protect him, I think he has the right to comment on that protection. If he thinks they are dunderheads so be it.

Of course, I'm pretty much convinced Obama could say everything you wanted to hear and you'd still bash him because he's Obama. He can't do anything to please you (short of resigning or killing himself). We all know that.

We see every day that "new" agents are found to be involved.

It is an ongoing investigation.

The last agent(s) to be "involved" was / were still on duty the day before !!

And they still do not know if foreign agencies were involved.

What if some of the "dunderheads" involved haven't been exposed yet ??

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

We see every day that "new" agents are found to be involved.

It is an ongoing investigation.

The last agent(s) to be "involved" was / were still on duty the day before !!

And they still do not know if foreign agencies were involved.

What if some of the "dunderheads" involved haven't been exposed yet ??

You didn't answer the question. Are you insinuating these guys are going to haul off and shoot the president because he called them a name? You aren't being very clear.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Can you explain to me why you (seem) to believe ANYTHING the MSM says? Do you take everything you read at face value? Or do you read between the lines?

Is it more likely that these were people who had no access to classified information, ( that would matter anyway, lord knows what the gov considers classified is a bit off these days) and that the media is just actually making a big deal out of nothing.

As it is an election year and anything that smears one candidate or another is ratings gold?

OR

That there is some terrible terrible thing that occured where these hookers were actually agents of some Columbian secret agency that targetted the team of agents that probably had the least bit of information, access or intelligence?

I'm gonna go with option #1.

As for them seeing the President's schedule, it's available online..every day isn't it?

Yup

ETA: This is not a "serious" investigation. This is actually probably the lamest investigation that they've done in a really long time. If this story had come out, let's say 1 year ago today; before any of the election stuff, it would have gone completely under the radar after day 2.

~Tenth
edit on 4/24/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You know what i don't get-Prostitution is legal in Columbia. It's not illegal to hire a hooker. So what's the fuss?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Oh it's the "moral" issue regarding them somehow supposed to be not men when working for the secret service.

You know, cause those people are better than your average human being, and it's not "American" to behave that way abroad.

I could come up with another dozen or so crappy answers to that question, but either way they would be nonsensical

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join