It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact or Faked/Paranormal Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I imagine a good portion of you out there have either seen or heard of this show on the syfy channel. I'm also sure they're are some fans of this particular show. So before I say what I must say, let me first state that this is just a opion and have no angst or negative feeling to fans of this show. So please fans of this show, don't take my comments to heart. It's just my opinon... No more and no less.

Any who, I HATE
and I DO mean HATE this damn show. At first I was excited at the premise of the show "I.E.; To prove or disprove famous or infamous video's of paranormal events or extrordnary episodes of videos from around the world." Awesome right?

No, not really. And, I'm my opinion here's why.

In the episodes I've seen, they start the show with various clips of different kinds of phenomina and then they CAREFULLY select what videos to prove or disprove with a group vote. Naturally they 65% of the time pick the softball easy stuff to prove that it's FAKE. And in my educated opinion they usually are correct. They're are a lot of hoexers out their and that is a shame. SO what exactly is my problem? Let me continue...

The other 35% of the time they pick the videos that are mostly unexplainable or more than likely bizzare and intreging *sorry about spelling*. And this is where I geuninely hate this freakin show. They go completely out of their way to prove that *said* video is a hoax. Even after they interview the filmer or whatever insident happened to the 'witness' (of which 99.9% have absolutely nothing to gain but everything to lose) they call them liars and then have this bogus voice lie detector test in which they record their statement and they it always says that the video witness is lieing. Even if the witness is hiding their identity. (Why hide your idenity and lie, or why even agree to be this agenda driven show if your evidence is bogus or hoaxed? Seriously. Give it some thought.).

Also, when they 'Decide' on what videos to pick they swerve the videos that they CANNOT prove is fake. See what I'm getting at?

My bottom line is that this show is agenda driven in proving that everything that is unexplained is fake. That their is NO unknown or mystery in this world. Even if their is or isn't for the sake of argument why try to suck all the wonder and mystery out of life. Its like telling children that their isn't a santa claus. So if you disagree please feel free to let me know.

But F that show. Period. I fart on it with distain and glee.

Recent Episode Part 1
m.youtube.com...

Recent Episode Part 2
m.youtube.com...

*Sorry about the bad spelling and what not*
edit on 4/26/2006 by croaker013 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You and me both my friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watching more than 5 minutes of that show ruins my whole day.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm with ya. At first I really enjoyed the show, but the more I watched the more it seemed scripted. Their attempts at debunking everything is ridiculous at best. They make the most elaborate sets to debunk everything. I don't hate the show at it's just corny entertainment.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
I'm with ya. At first I really enjoyed the show, but the more I watched the more it seemed scripted. Their attempts at debunking everything is ridiculous at best. They make the most elaborate sets to debunk everything. I don't hate the show at it's just corny entertainment.

I wish it was entertaining. So at least it would have a little enjoyment. Ghost hunters is corny and usually fake whenraitings are down. (They were goina get canceled after season 1 cause they found NOTHING. Well except that bad shadow evidence. Then season 2 they find all kinds of questionable 'EVIDENCE' then BAM renewed for like 10 seasons. That show is corny and entertaining. But for more legit evidence I go 'Ghost Adventures'. Now that's a good one. But, anyway... Can't wait till this fact or faked show fades away.
edit on 4/26/2006 by croaker013 because: added quote

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
All these shows are scripted on SyFy and all other ghost hunting shows as well. I started to watch the one from tonight but when they picked the video of the obvious light from a boat reflecting on water video....I quickly turned it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The chicks are hot....wait what were we talking about?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by croaker013

I know exactly what you mean. It is like they are always trying to debunk everything. Unfortunatly we live in a world filled with hoaxters and this has to be the first mindset. I will say however that just because something can be recreated as a hoax, does not necessarily mean that the original event was in fact a hoax, it just means that they were able to recreate it as such.

I do also agree that there are things out there that we couldn't even begin to understand, and thats just the way it is.

I do have a favorite episode they aired...

it's the "unwanted visitors" episode where the short skinny aliens are caught on camera in the guys front yard. It's such shocking footage, and they werent able to recreate it making all the more plausible. The shocking part is that one of the aliens is jogging in the yard with a cape on.

new topics

top topics

join