It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infected Cow Found in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Infected Cow Found in California
HANFORD, Calif. April 25, 2012 (AP)
ABC News

It looks like Mad Cow disease has been found in one cow in California !!

The company (Baker Commodities) apparently found the evidence on April 18th and they don't know which farm the cow came from !!

They also said the cow never "made it to" the rendering plant.

The random "test sample" tested positive, but also was said to be "inconclusive", and then was confirmed by the Agriculture Department.

?????????

A senior manager with a California rendering company said Tuesday a cow at its Hanford, Calif., transfer station tested positive for mad cow disease.

Dennis Luckey, executive vice president of Baker Commodities in Los Angeles, told The Associated Press the disease was discovered after workers selected the cow for random sampling.

The sample was taken from the dead cow's carcass on April 18 at a hide-removal site, he said.

"This animal happened to be one that we randomly selected," Luckey said.

The company does not yet know which farm the cow came from, but the animal never made it to Baker's rendering plant 50 miles away in Kerman, Calif., Luckey said.

On April 19, a lab at the University of California, Davis reported that its test on the sample was inconclusive, he said.

The sample was then sent on to the Agriculture Department, which confirmed on Tuesday that the cow is the fourth discovered in the United States to test positive for the disease.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"randomly selected"
I'm sure. Mad Cow affects herds. So I'm sure they were noticing patterns for quite some time before they released this information. I bet the info is 6 months behind...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh no, not this again. I stopped eating beef in the 1990;s/early 2000's when the whole mad cow scare was going on then. It freaked me out so much as a kid.

edit on 24-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Oh no, not this again. I stopped eating beef in the early 2000's when the whole mad cow scare was going on then. It freaked me out so much as a kid.

edit on 24-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I think you are safe as long as you don't eat the brain tissue. Some people eat brains and eggs, and that is where the infection comes from. Eating beef shouldn't affect a human, just don't eat the brains.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Earlier thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps the best data can be combined. Your initial post is much better, I just put it up when Anderson Cooper put it at the top of his program.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Mad cow has been in the US from the beginning of the epidemic, the reason we don't get much exposure to the news is due to the random testing of cows (not strictly enforced) and that in the food manufacturing, cows are killed for consumption before showing signs of the infection.

But is a reason why Americas beef is not welcome in many countries in Europe.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Earlier thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps the best data can be combined. Your initial post is much better, I just put it up when Anderson Cooper put it at the top of his program.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

OOps !!

Nothing showed in search.

Please follow both threads until this one is closed.

Sorry.

thanks anyway....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't know how these things work, is it "first come" or do the admins pick a better thread? If mine is the main one, would you please post your initial data onto that thread? Thanks. Check out the 2008 thread which talks about the 90% decrease in the number of cows tested in the U.S. First the fish go and get themselves nuked, and now the cows are going Mad (I know, the people act Mad, and not only the infected ones!). Time for a good lentils and rice dish with some fine seasonings!

top topics

join