It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Smithsonian preventing any research into Giants?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

As my compatriot CaptainNemo stated so eloquently in regards to Josephus:

Of course Westerners and apologists dismiss the ideas as having no foundation, and being yet another "invention" of the Bible. Just like how they regarded King Herod, until his tomb was discovered in 2007 in the EXACT location Josephus said it was.

I think my source material carries more weight that the pure conjecture of an oral tradition passed down throughout the millennia about neanderthals.

But thanks for your input...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

Hate to break it to you there but Giants were in stories well before the bible existed , so wouldnt it essentially validate those stories first ?

This topic is covered quite extensively in the secret history of the world by jonathan black ! Good book !

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

why, because the "official' theory is that mankind is an ape. evolved from an ape.
reply to post by randomname

About right, yep.

the nephilim are proof of God and the legitimacy of the Bible.

That humanoids noticeably taller than homo sapiens were stationed on the Earth at one point?

I think even the shunned idea of an ancient alien expedition would get more focus than the idea of some divine type of giant related to a non-entity such as a deity.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

For one it would give a certain amount of leverage to the Jesus freaks who believe the bible to be the word of god simply because Giants are mentioned therein.

sounds like you're in the business of hiding any evidence that contradicts what you want to believe instead of impartially following evidence wherever it may lead.

so much for the scientific method.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Can you give an example of anyone being prevented from this research?

I know of the stories where people say someone from the Smithsonian came and took remains etc. but that could just be someone saying that.

If I found giant bones, artifacts etc, I'd take lots of pictures, then I'd invite the press to take pictures, then I'd invite the scientists.

Talk to Joe Taylor

www.mtblanco.com...

He was nice enough to talk to me for a bit.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStarfire

In the book i mentioned , when king herod went to the great library , there was a great hall of all the kings that ruled before the current kign. They were stone statues and carvings of wood , the wooden ones were kings who were part human and part plant !

Now thats trippy

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Thank you for responding and I agree completely my friend.Most of my info came from vlad9vt's channel on youtube,
all the info there is pretty good, some questionable as with anything on the net these day's. The Russian info from SMERSH5 Intel is exceptional and you should check it out. As far as ZOG, please don't give them too much credit, after all with out their henchmen they are nothing, but yes still controlling the flow of information as usual. Back on subject, I have often wondered if the making of national parks had anything to do with keeping people away from sites that could be excavated here in America? A lot of Native American stories of where giants lived or roamed are now in secure park areas that cannot be dug in or excavated. Your Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

trippy...I should say so, I wonder how the author of the "Secret History" acquired this info?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We've been over this with Easter Island. Analysis revealed that the oldest statues were molded concrete. The newer ones were chiseled out of volcanic rock. The slow, tedious and painful way. Why? The formula and/or resources for creating concrete was lost. A much later generation tried to emulate the earlier, but employing conventional means of chiseling. It's no wonder that it took archaeologists so long to figure it out!

I imagine this same pattern can be applied to other societies which built immense monoliths. However, the key is that they employed this same basic concrete formula, indicating that at one time there really was a global civilization!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

We've been over this with Easter Island. Analysis revealed that the oldest statues were molded concrete

Could you provide a citation on that, please?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Dextraphite

Hate to break it to you there but Giants were in stories well before the bible existed , so wouldnt it essentially validate those stories first ?

This topic is covered quite extensively in the secret history of the world by jonathan black ! Good book !

That's because the Christian Bible is a cheap hack of much older religions all mixed up together with the stories retold with different names and places inserted.

And that's probably the #1 secret of Christianity, which 99% of Christians don't know!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

For one it would give a certain amount of leverage to the Jesus freaks who believe the bible to be the word of god simply because Giants are mentioned therein.

sounds like you're in the business of hiding any evidence that contradicts what you want to believe instead of impartially following evidence wherever it may lead.

so much for the scientific method.

On the contrary, I grew up in a Christian environment but learned to Question everything. Everything! I learned to form conclusions on my own, learned the difference between history and mythology, and even rejected and changed numerous paradigns I'd grown up with over the years. In the 70s I used to believe in Von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods" stuff. Taking it all in and applying Occam's Razor and a little common sense I came to the conclusion that we were dealing with good old fashion Humans taken as gods by more primitive civilizations.
(Did I mention that I've been writing a book about my life and weird viewpoints?). The bottom line is that All religions are pretty much bunk, designed to control the masses, keep them ignorant for the most part, and exploit them. In America, the #1 mind-prison religion is Christianity. When I was growing up it didn't bother me in the least. In recent years with the rise of fundamentalists, the Right-Wing takeover, and being an Atheist--I've been discriminated against, right down to being framed and fired by the company I worked for for 5 years.
Now, over 3 years later, I'm unemployed with no health insurance and no future. You could say that's why I'm Here!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
many here on ats will spontaneous combust in front of their computer, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in fire damage as well as the evacuation of their apartment buildings and neighbours, if that were the case and the existence of God was proven.

BWAAHAHAHA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA.....

Thank God I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read this, because it would have gotten all down in the cracks between the keys on my keyboard when it shot out of my nose.

Not only do I concur unequivocally, but I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am not a biologist or an expert in any way in this field. I do have a degree in Engineering, and it doesn't take a Rock Scientist (Quoting Jessica Simpson-face palm) to surmise that if:
~as stated previously in this thread, that if the Dinosaurs can reach the extremes found in fossilized records, why not another creature. Why not humans. The reason the insects grew so large in history was that the oxygen content of our atmosphere was substantially more than current levels.
I see the word impossible used quite frequently, and it is very amusing to my feeble mind. Science is full of theories, just theories. Gravity in the past was sure to have been caused by gravitons, well now its more widely thought it may just be a wave.
Giant humans may have very well existed. Our existence on this planet, as sentient intelligent creatures, has a relatively short history. This being compared to the billions of estimated years this planet has been here. Who's to say what really happened here even 2 billion years ago. Would we really even have a clue a civilization existed and flourished? If a large planetary impact caused the surface of the earth to melt and reform, would we know what had been constructed? I do not believe so-
to me the word impossible, is the only impossibility. Religion in my opinion has nothing to do with skeletons.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So,
I guess the short version of my rambling post should have said is:

We don't know, what we don't know.

Any other certainty is an illusion created in your own mind to make things fit, to be more comfortable knowing that we are the masters of our domain (Seinfeld!), and have it figured out.
Well we dont

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

We've been over this with Easter Island. Analysis revealed that the oldest statues were molded concrete

Could you provide a citation on that, please?

If I'm not mistaken, try here:
www.geopolymer.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow. I never looked into the Giants theories. They are very interesting. To me, it could explain how things like Stonehenge was built. Larger creatures might have had an easier time moving such stones then simple humans.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

you spoke of the advantage of keeping evidence hidden so that a particular philosophy couldn't be supported by it. most christians would label me a heretic for my views, yet i would never seek to deny them evidence, even if it backed up their claim.

hate blinds you from seeking truth, and i pity you for it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RatoAstuto

All giants really are is overgrown humans,

If that was true then why do the giants have different skulls than humans. The giants skulls were enormous considering they had a much larger brain.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

There were over 400,000 of them at one time, so they all left? Nah they all died.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join