It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Smithsonian preventing any research into Giants?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

By this reasoning, dinosaurs couldn't exist. Furthermore, mutants apparently are out of the question as well.
Finally, One internet hoax site is all it takes to disprove centuries of Giants. Really brilliant.
By That reasoning, all UFO sightings are frauds because of a few hoaxed photos.
Man, you've got me.

BTW, basketball players don't really exist either. It's a Black conspiracy!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by gorgi

Go back to page 1 on this thread and read All the messages to the current page. While you're at it, follow the countless offsite links and read those. When you're done with all that, look me in the eye and tell me there are no such things as Giants.

Yeah giants are fake. Just to humor you I went and reread the first few pages and did a little extra research and these giants are fake.
There was a link on the first pages that explains why and how how they dont exist and that it was a hoax.
Please dont be so gullible.
why giants are fake

There was a further link that explains yet more:

How does the square-cube law pertain to size? Well, where it comes into play is that with an increase in size of an animal, there has to be a relatively greater in crease in size of its supporting structures. If we look at the leg bones of a mouse, a human, and an elephant and scale them so the lengths are the same, they might look something like this.

Note that the elephant leg bone is considerably thicker than the humans and the humans is thicker than the mouse. What this means is that a Liliputian could not exist. A human shrunk down to the size of a mouse would have limbs that the human could not move. They would be too heavy. Giants like Paul Bunyan that stand 20 ft. high would also be impossible because their form would have to be so drastically changed in order to accommodate the increase in size that the person would no longer look human. web.archive.org...://www.auburn.edu/academic/classes/zy/0301/Topic4/Topic4.html

But hey...that's disputed by 19th century newspaper report so it must be lies, eh?

Thats the point. It says for giants to exist they would have to have a completely different structure and not look like humans. The whole giant conspiracy is about giant people. That just proves they didnt exist.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

By this reasoning, dinosaurs couldn't exist. Furthermore, mutants apparently are out of the question as well.
So, are you going to prove your point and show me that bird or lizard bones ... take your pick, are comparatively of the same morphology when size is factored in? That might support your point, so it's worth looking at, right?
Mutants? Read again...their reputed skeletal structure would not support them and they would die young.

Finally, One internet hoax site is all it takes to disprove centuries of Giants. Really brilliant.
Cool...show me the goods, then. Show me some skeletal remains photographed in situ...hell, even in a box...supported by someone who actually has a degree and has published on the subject. You know...evidence

By That reasoning, all UFO sightings are frauds because of a few hoaxed photos.
I don't buy into the alien theory of UFOs, any more anyway. Been there, done that...much more afoot than that.

BTW, basketball players don't really exist either. It's a Black conspiracy!
Very all and giant are two different things...or is this argument of yours based upon basketball-player sized individuals?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This is what you do... You go to the Vatican and ask for a guy named Harte. He'll give you a tour of the secret vaults there and show you lots of Giant skeletal remains...

I'd might as well deliver a flying saucer to your doorstep to prove that they exist, too.
Otherwise there are thousands upon thousands of people worldwide with delusions.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I just care to say right now. Do people not think logically? We have been over this and over this. That link to "why giants are fake," is only applying to one instance of a claimed giant being found in Saudi Arabia, which was proven to be a fake.
That is he equivalent of saying "Oh, people have faked finding relics of civilizations, that must mean they are all fake."

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Here's an article just a few weeks old, just for you, JohnnySee:
frontiers-of-anthropology.blogspot.com...

garry-nelson.hubpages.com...

Just a week ago:
usahitman.com...

Now let's go to Africa:
commonsenseconspiracy.com...

Lots of sources, lots of people, carbon-dating, and the works.

The bottom line is that we're not alone here on ATS, and we never were.

Deny Ignorance.

edit on 20-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

edit on 20-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

The whole giant conspiracy is about giant people. That just proves they didn't exist.

gorgi, Best forget the giant thing for now. You have a MUCH bigger and far more important issue to deal with that is hindering you in EVERY area of your life. It's very late here, past 2AM so I will be very brief and brutally honest with you. You have been lied to on a scale that you cannot conceive. How do I know this? I was there for MANY years... If you want to survive whats coming you WILL learn to discern truth from lies or you WILL not make it. The giant issue won't matter a hill of beans compared to what you MUST learn if you are to continue to live. FACT: You are listening to the WRONG people. If you want the truth, you will need to change direction and LISTEN to those you are refusing to listen to.

“A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.”——Dresdin James

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

So, you see it’s not really that most people are stupid. It’s that most people get an “F” in Logic, critical thinking, discernment and wisdom. Without those four traits it’s impossible to see reality and your role in society. I’m sure there are people with Masters degrees who still think Osama Bin Laden was behind 9/11. You can still function day to day, balance your checkbook, graduate from college, hold a job and make money and still be under mind control. Unfortunately, most people in America are under a certain degree of mind control and thus have arrested development in the critical thinking and logic department. WE THE PEOPLE are the ones that need to put a stop to the tyrants that are slowly taking away our freedoms. If the majority of WE THE PEOPLE are illuminati mind controlled zombies, America doesn’t stand a chance.

PROTOCOLS OF THE ILLUMINATI: “THE ILLUSION WILL BE SO LARGE, THAT IT WILL HIDDEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR FACES. THOSE THAT DO SEE IT, WILL BE CONSIDERED INSANE.”

"The bizarre thing about the events of 9/11 or the Kennedy assassination or any other number of government false flag operations, is the number of people who still believe the ridiculous “official story.”

"Psychologists use the term Cognitive Dissonance to explain the brain’s inability to consider opposing evidence." LINK

edit on 21-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

He'll learn the truth someday when Bigfoot comes knocking on his door...

"Ah, that's just some kid in an Ape suit!" - Despite the fact that the "kid" is 8' tall and Lifting him up...

"I see, a Star Wars fan dressed up as a Wookiee!"

Gets thrown 20 feet in the air and lands against a tree.
Crack!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Still here?
Good
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trying to hide the Truth only makes it all the more apparent.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
cross linking threads due to the fact that the Smithsonian is mentioned in the video that they sent an artifact to Mexico and it was never returned BACK to the original owner who found it...

Suppressed: New Evidence of Early Man

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
reply to post by Baalam

I have no clue. I will research it, but it is fair to ascertain that by some way that was made irrelevant? Possibly genetic engineering, stronger bone structure, etc. Good point, but it is safe to say since their are historical records indicating that there have been entities at least 9 feet tall, and the Indians even have tales of a race of giants that they conquered in the North, that their is some truth to it. And skeletons have indeed been found that

Indian Legends

Some stories with details of size

More accounts and some bones (non hoax)

I checked out your link that you claimed showed some bones (non hoax) but what I saw was a jaw bone with a mold of another jaw bone inside of it. There is no reference to size other than the authors word that the mold was of a human jaw. Then I saw some elongated skulls that were nothing more than the results of binding a baby's head, and a femur that looked interesting until you read that it isn't even a real bone.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
well if they do prove that giants existed, which they sure as _bleep_ have not done so far, then we can finally lay some religious bug bears to rest and finally accept that Odin and the boys really did kill off all of the ice giants. agreed?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
Even if it's discredited as a hoax,who profits from that?Why would anyone go to such lengths to create a hoax and deceive people ,what is the agenda?

There are several reasons.

1) Attention whores. Some people will do anything to get noticed, even if it means just making stuff up.
2) Religious zealots who think that if they can make you believe in giants then it will validate their myths.
3) Profit... Even if it is later discredited they still make money pushing books and documentaries off on those gullible enough to believe whatever is put in front of them.

Those I believe represent the main reason for most hoaxers.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lupr3
Read Headed Giants of Nevada.... This is a proven fact. The atheist movement in science is the main reason for the hidden information. In my opinion. Easy to figure out their motivation as to why. I have talked to a archaeologist, who had firsthand knowledge of the existence of giant skeletons. He told me that when the skeletons pop up the Smithsonian acquires them by any means necessary. If I am not mistaken the Smithsonian is a government entity that is heavily funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. Food for thought.

So if it is a proven fact then where is the proof? And speaking from an atheist point of view let me say that your ideas there are completely ridicules. I am an atheist and would love to see proof of giants. The existence of giants would not lend anymore credence to the Christian story book than it does any other mythological story that includes giants.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by Jordan River
bibical, not alien at all

That is if you accept the fact that angels are real extra-dimensional entities, which would in fact throw an angel as a catagorical "alien".

Not saying that grays don't exist either

Allow me. I don't believe greys exist at all. But shape shifting angels that our Heavenly Father has warned us about thru his word ( scripture ) do exist. They are able to take on a pleasing shape and to no surprise a decietful one as well.

THE BIBLE has it all for the reading so I fail to see the problem as to why an elite organisation would be hiding the facts of ancient history such as giants. They would rather Goliath sound like a myth when he is truely a reality. They are known as the wicked. They are at war with God ultimatly under Satans command. It all rings clear as bell in the war between good and evil.

BINK !
edit on 25-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Ok so you don't believe that it is possible for gray aliens to live on another planet. On the other hand shape-shifting angels created by a universe encompassing sky daddy, well that just rings true....
Wow....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
reply to post by Furbs

I don't think it's that simple, especially if you understand the history of the scrolls. All the OT scrolls were considered inspired soon after they were written and the Jews were extremely strict about how to copy and pass down the literature. One mistake and they started the whole process over again.

And the level of consistency is not something that can be done on a whim. What you are suggesting is akin to if we take books written between 500 AD to the present 2012 AD and combining it in a way where there are no contradictions. Not as easy as you say it is.

I would agree with you except for the fact that there are many contradictions in the bible, and if not for convenient mistranslations there would be many more.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

S&F I have always loved Steve Quayle and his thirst for knowledge. This part of our history has left it's imprint throughout every civilization in the in-depth study of history and archeaology. It is not difficult to begin seeing how linear history has been manipulated and purposely hidden to maintain the 'lie' fed to the masses for purposefull control.

'They' never wanted us to know the truth in order to preserve the age old agenda of the fallen.

Here is the full video for those who wish to view it here.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

Exactly. Spirituality concerning mankind is the ticket. Not mankind's imagination.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

reply to post by gorgi

Go back to page 1 on this thread and read All the messages to the current page. While you're at it, follow the countless offsite links and read those. When you're done with all that, look me in the eye and tell me there are no such things as Giants.

Yeah giants are fake. Just to humor you I went and reread the first few pages and did a little extra research and these giants are fake.
There was a link on the first pages that explains why and how how they dont exist and that it was a hoax.
Please dont be so gullible.
why giants are fake

There was a further link that explains yet more:

How does the square-cube law pertain to size? Well, where it comes into play is that with an increase in size of an animal, there has to be a relatively greater in crease in size of its supporting structures. If we look at the leg bones of a mouse, a human, and an elephant and scale them so the lengths are the same, they might look something like this.

Note that the elephant leg bone is considerably thicker than the humans and the humans is thicker than the mouse. What this means is that a Liliputian could not exist. A human shrunk down to the size of a mouse would have limbs that the human could not move. They would be too heavy. Giants like Paul Bunyan that stand 20 ft. high would also be impossible because their form would have to be so drastically changed in order to accommodate the increase in size that the person would no longer look human. web.archive.org...://www.auburn.edu/academic/classes/zy/0301/Topic4/Topic4.html

But hey...that's disputed by 19th century newspaper report so it must be lies, eh?

Thats the point. It says for giants to exist they would have to have a completely different structure and not look like humans. The whole giant conspiracy is about giant people. That just proves they didnt exist.

Those are crude drawings by a person. How does that prove anything ?

That is like me drawing a stick figure of somebody and calling it a realistic portrait.

nice try.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Majiq1

Exactly. Spirituality concerning mankind is the ticket. Not mankind's imagination.

Sorry but I think your belief is closer to fantasy than the belief in Grays. There is at least some evidence to support the possibility of life on other planets. We will save that for another thread though since it is completely off topic here.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Majiq1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join