It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Peace or World War?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What will come first?... World Peace or World War?

Wars have been raging on this planet for ages. Whether it's one tribe vs. another, quarrels between different villages, two empires battling with each other, or several nations all going at it, wars have been constant and many lives have been lost as a result over the thousands of years.
So, it would seem that there's no sign of things slowing down. Especially in the current time in which we live with all this talk of nuclear missile launches, "World War 3", "Doomsday", "End of Days", etc. But is that what it will take for the door to World Peace to open? For things to bend so much that they reach a breaking point? Will there really be a "war to end all wars"? Or, will things get rectified before we arrive at such an event?

Will there ever truly be World Peace on the Earth? If so, when?
Will things cool down towards peace or heat up towards war?

World Peace - Worth fighting for... uh, oops, I mean uh, by "fighting" I mean, uh... oh you know what I mean...

Thoughts?...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Obviously war before peace, if history has taught us anything, its that everything must get worse before it gets better

My personal prediction is a major war (possibly involving Iran and Isreal) will occur, this war will be major, not upon first sight, but will trigger a strong cold war between the west and east...that could remain a cold war, untill such a time world peace and evolvement (opretative word) can be settled diplomatically....or could decend into a physical war...the othcome of which humanities fate rests upon.

I'm still an optimist that it sharn't come to the worst as major civil unrest, mostly in the west and middle east, but generally globally, will be a strong enough force to prevent the insanity of our representatives, and finally represent our selves.

Battles may be lost, but the war we shall win!
edit on 24-4-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
War seems to unite people, i believe the next war will unite the world and make us realize the horrible thing we do to each other and our planet

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Never in history has there been world peace. Safe to say it will not happen anytime soon. ETA: We have already had TWO world wars, just within the last century.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
We have not made all of the mistakes necessary to learn the lessons needed for world peace.

We are close, but not quite there.

There remains a larger lesson to learn about unity and spirit, and the common bond between all human beings, regardless of the differences between us, and it will likely take a catastrophic event before that lesson is learned.

We must come to the verge of extinction to appreciate what we have.

I hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm not.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I honestly do not think the human population is even remotely capable of world peace, or peace of any nature for very long. People invariably always have a hidden agenda or an ego that other people can't really deal with for too long.

So to answer your question... WWIII is first. Always.
edit on 4/24/2012 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
I honestly do not think the human population isn't even remotely capable of world peace, or peace of any nature for very long. People invariably always have a hidden agenda or an ego that other people can't really deal with for too long.

So to answer your question... WWIII is first. Always.

Like the recent uprisings in Egpyt and Lybia, we have seen how true power comes from the people, not governments. With the human population being as big as it is, if everybody around the world united together against wars of any kind, then would peace become a reality?

Or is it in our very nature to fight with ourselves? And like you said, even if world peace did indeed become a reality, then it might not last for very long.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
peace is the default state of humanity. if you do nothing to one another, there will be peace.

the formula for peace is to do nothing. peace is the by product of inaction. imagine how simple it is.

do nothing that is harmful to another human being and their will be world peace.

but the key and difficulty is that every person must do nothing. as soon as someone does something to another, the peace is broken.

and interestingly enough, it is one of the great commandments, laws, Jesus of Nazareth, gave to us, out of compassion.

commanded to us, so if you follow it, you will have the authority of God to back you if anyone ever challenges you.

and this has nothing to do with capitalism, democracy etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
Will there ever truly be World Peace on the Earth? If so, when?

Now: Rumours of wars
Soon : Gog/Magog war
Anti-christ rises with the new age religeon and leads the world in a huge war against Israel.
- right now everyone hates the zionists, don't they.

Finally Armageddon.

However, there might be a sneeky trick in there somewhere.

Imagine if aliens landed.
What if there was no main alien leader.
This would stop the elite and christians dead in their tracks as there will be no anti-christ to target.

Then people can lock the luciferians and christians up in a FEMA camp saying that they are all insane by wanting world war 3.

top topics

join