It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Component of Pizza Seasoning Herb Oregano Kills Prostate Cancer Cells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So what is the prostate cancer percentage in Italy vs the US, or england?

Curious...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have Lyme disease and oregano oil from Oreganoworld.com is the only thing that keeps me going.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
So what is the prostate cancer percentage in Italy vs the US, or england?

Curious...

Ask my friend and you shall receive! I got to wondering this myself so i did some digging and i present to you THE LIST! ok its from the guardian but the data looks about right Guardian LINK hmm not bad for a country who drinks too much alcohol and smokes a lot haha my kinda people
lol

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karega

Oregano for Lyme disease? interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Unfortunately the doctors have turned us into a drug dependent society. Even small kids are put on some kind of anti-depressant or some crap [which makes me made at the parents for allowing that].

Seems as though they come up with some off the wall name for some kind of BS symptom that a lot of people will fall for. Sad, so very sad...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
hey everybody, i would really like to mention that i tried a very tasty thing this morning.

i made a slice of toast, and then i added a very nice amount of olive oil, and then absolutely covered it in oregano, and i mean as if a BLIZZARD of oregano happened, i couldn't even see the toast anymore.

i then proceeded to add a pinch of coarse sea salt.

the end.

p.s. it was tasty, and very healthy.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I love oregano blizzards on my salad!

I read that there are some people--Reptilians, rather--that are pushing for a ban on oil of oregano in Canada.

Interesting that it's getting so much limelight right now.

Then again, those bans rarely, if ever, fly. I think some control-freaks wanted to ban garlic a while back, too.
edit on 26-4-2012 by manicminxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Great find OP!

Just a cautionary note about herbs - just because a herb is a 'natural' product doesn't mean it is always good for you. For example I can't tolerate Gingko Biloba - it gives me ferocious headaches - a recognised side effect in an unfortunate few. And yet some people do take it for headaches
Also some herbs are contra indicated in pregnant women or in those with certain medical conditions.
Research: research: research.

Also before covering food in your herb of choice - where did you get it from? Was it laced with chemicals when it was grown? If bought ready dried, what was involved in the process? Does it have any preservatives/additives? How much of its nutrients does it actually retain?
The ideal is to grow your own - even a pot on your windowsill if you don't have a garden/yard.
edit on 26-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
I love oregano blizzards on my salad!

I read that there are some people--Reptilians, rather--that are pushing for a ban on oil of oregano in Canada.

Interesting that it's getting so much limelight right now.

Then again, those bans rarely, if ever, fly. I think some control-freaks wanted to ban garlic a while back, too.
edit on 26-4-2012 by manicminxx because: (no reason given)

what- what the wh- WHY????

these control freaks are so annoying.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

yeah i wouldnt rely on pills... who knows how deteriorated/aged the extract, and how much filler/contaminants are in there, compared to the actual amount of viable flavonoids, curcuminoids, polyphenols, tannins, etc!

virtually all of the herbs/spices i listed on page one shown for some cancer benefit, are softwood herbs and u dont have to wait for them to grow into a tree, the maturity harvest time in my experience for most from sowing seed or rhizomes is 1-2 months for most! oh i forgot galangal and and a few others prolly, that i sometimes nibble on!

re the OP oregano, there are so many varieties and even sub/species of Oregano (o. vulgare vs o dictamus)., there needs to be studies that document those with highest carvacol and yeah FDA still shuts down businesses/herbalists etc that sell oregano or any herb as a medicinal remedy whether of symptoms or remedy/cure. they want everyone on synthetic, overpriced, toxic DRUGS!

the irony of it is most pharma tech companies start with a natural/mineral and create a cheap synthetic chemical synthetic product that can be sold for hundreds of dollars per pill or dose. ie glacial vinegar hello what are they doing sell it very diluted, at like $500 for one gram of ointment meant for diabetic ulcers - my uncle desperately bought it out-of-pocket and it did not work. the pharma companies these days are the ones selling modern snake oil, i tell ya..

happy organic gardening yall!

(turmeric, saffron, wormwood, cats claw, scutellaria, oldenlandia, blackberry, burdock, primrose, feverfew, GINGER, goldenseal, lavender, rosemary, coriander, soy.- obviously alot of them are traditional Asian/Vedic cooking herbs/ingredient even soy sauce and curry's main herbs too)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join