Forums or websites without Ron Paul supporters?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree with the OP

Any forums out there with mindless voters?

I think I may have found some
Here you go

idolforums.com...
www.americanidol.com...
www.gleeforum.com...
www.topix.com...

Let me know if you need more

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
One of President Obama’s largest financial backers is a key executive at the largest Swiss bank in the world, complicating his criticism of presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

Robert Wolf is president of Swiss financial giant UBS Investment Bank and chairman of UBS Americas. He has been one of Obama’s most prolific fundraisers dating back to 2006, when the former Senator from Illinois initiated his run for the White House.

Wolf has bundled more than $500,000 for the president’s reelection, campaign records show. He is but one of many wealthy bankers Obama has turned to in an effort to win a second term.

According to campaign reporter John Heilemann, Obama and Wolf first met in December 2006 in a conference room owned by liberal billionaire George Soros, who is currently embroiled in a domestic dispute with his 31-year-old ex-girlfriend.

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Did you mean to post somewhere else?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
reply to post by MzMorbid

Haha I noticed that too.

OP your best bet it to not go to a Republican forum, but rather but a political forum and have your view be that of the Republican. Unfortunately for your wants, Ron Paul is gaining ground and the 2012 election is going to be a hot topic. The forum I usually read is www.politicalforum.com... It has a similar layout as ATS but I warn people there are really hit or miss. There are some very intelligent people that bring up excellent points and others who I'm not even sure should be allowed to have an opinion.

Thanx for the suggestion looks lively. I will def check it out

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Let's face it if you even attempt to bring up any other candidate or politician on here that isn't Ron Paul you get belittled and insulted while the thread turns to how great Ron Paul is.

That isn't exactly honest. You may get an opinion about Ron Paul but I haven't seen anybody that has been belittled or insulted without throwing the first stone.

Sure if you talk about a candidate, you probably will get a response that shows support for Ron Paul, That seems pretty on topic, Ron Paul is a candidate after all, but I challenge you to find a single thread where a Ron Paul supporter has belittled or insulted a person without that person first insulting Ron Paul or Ron Paul supporters.

Similar results happen if you criticize any aspect of Ron Paul's policies.

You would expect people not to refute criticism?

Throw in the fact that most of the Ron Paul supporters aren't even Republican, they changed their registration to vote in the primaries, and it's absolutely impossible for him to get the kind of discussion he's looking for here.

I agree that many people have switched party registration to vote for Ron Paul but "most"? Really? can you back that assertion up? Sounds like conjecture to me.

So let me restate what I think the OP is looking for. He's not looking for a site devoid of Ron Paul supporters. He's looking for a site where he can actually have a discussion regarding the Republican party as a whole without being attacked and having the topic go off topic because of Ron Paul supporters.

no, what the OP is asking for in their own words...

"I would really like to have generic discussions about Romney, Santorum, Gingrich or anyone else in politics without the paulites bringing up their savior."

What the OP is looking for is a site where he and like minded people can pretend Ron Paul doesn't exist and isn't popular. You can't have a topic about republicans or conservatives but void of Ron Paul supporters. Ron Paul is a republican and a conservative so bringing him up in a discussion about republicans or conservatism is on topic.

What the OP is looking for they made very clear on their own.
edit on 24-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

So let me restate what I think the OP is looking for. He's not looking for a site devoid of Ron Paul supporters. He's looking for a site where he can actually have a discussion regarding the Republican party as a whole without being attacked and having the topic go off topic because of Ron Paul supporters.

"I would really like to have generic discussions about Romney, Santorum, Gingrich or anyone else in politics without the paulites bringing up their savior."

What the OP is looking for is a site where he and like minded people can pretend Ron Paul doesn't exist and isn't popular. You can't have a topic about republicans or conservatives but void of Ron Paul supporters. Ron Paul is a republican and a conservative so bringing him up in a discussion about republicans or conservatism is on topic.

NO Xcalibur254 got it right the first time. I want a forum devoid of most Ron Paul supporters especially in your face ones.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

NO Xcalibur254 got it right the first time. I want a forum devoid of most Ron Paul supporters especially in your face ones.

Yea, I know, that is what I said, though in my own words, I then explained to you how to go about finding such a web site and gave you a suggestion.

Xcalibur254 said that "He's not looking for a site devoid of Ron Paul supporters.: And somehow he is right when you said " I want a forum devoid of most Ron Paul supporters especially in your face ones."

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here you go OP.

A completely GOP website that will probably not mention Ron Paul at all.

Link

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Here you go OP.

A completely GOP website that will probably not mention Ron Paul at all.

Link

Fox News is not a forum, but anyway no the Ron Paul supporters are there too even when the topic is not about him....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by orbitbaby

Paul supporters are not everywhere. They are on the internet, and are very loud on the internet. Like a braying jackass. Go to the grocery store and ask 10 people if they would vote for Ron Paul. 8 will say 'Who?' 1 will say hell no and there might be 1 dummy that starts clapping like an excited child with downes syndrome screaming of course. The majority of ATS dont know why they like Paul. Its just the cool ATS ego boosting thing to do. Boosts superiority complex talking down to anyone who disagrees. Face it the vast majority of Paul supporters are idiots and trying to be trendy. Not that anyone really endorses Paul. Nugent would beat him if they were the only two candidates.

SHILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway that's an interesting analysis. Why the heck would Ron Paul supporters want to be trendy? That seems to go against their anti-establishment ways. It is contradictory because as much as they try to be anti-everything they all get together to support Ron Paul and they become exactly like the people they are trying to stop. Full of corruption, brainwashing tactics in their own ways....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Yea, I know, that is what I said, though in my own words, I then explained to you how to go about finding such a web site and gave you a suggestion.

Xcalibur254 said that "He's not looking for a site devoid of Ron Paul supporters.: And somehow he is right when you said " I want a forum devoid of most Ron Paul supporters especially in your face ones."

Because you said it was impossible. He left it open to possibilities. I have found one that was pointed out on here devoid of most Ron Paul supporters. So it is possible.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Sure if you talk about a candidate, you probably will get a response that shows support for Ron Paul, That seems pretty on topic, Ron Paul is a candidate after all, but I challenge you to find a single thread where a Ron Paul supporter has belittled or insulted a person without that person first insulting Ron Paul or Ron Paul supporters.

I know I was personally attacked for doing nothing other than pointing out why a "statistical analysis" that favored Ron Paul was not actually mathematically sound. Or what about this very thread? The OP posed a simple question and one of the responses he received called him a shill and told him to leave the board.

As for the criticism comment, his policies are going to have flaws. Go up to a supporter of any other candidate ask them if there are aspects of their chosen candidates policies they don't agree with and they'll say yes. This is why so many people say Paul's followers treat him like the Messiah. They are incapable of admitting to any faults in his plans. He's not a god. He's a man. He's going to have flaws.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Because you said it was impossible. He left it open to possibilities. I have found one that was pointed out on here devoid of most Ron Paul supporters. So it is possible.

No, please quote my text where I said that ANYTHING was "impossible". The only people that have used that word in this thread are you and Xcalibur254.

What I said was that talking about Ron Paul in a thread about conservatism or republicans was on topic and that Ron Paul supporters are everywhere. Quite a different statement than what you assert that I said.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What I said was that talking about Ron Paul in a thread about conservatism or republicans was on topic and that Ron Paul supporters are everywhere. Quite a different statement than what you assert that I said.

It is? What if it has to do with Mitt Romney? OR Rick Santorum? That doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Ron Paul and yet Ron Paul people still come in to chime their opinions, when the topic even though it's about republicans has nothing to do with Ron Paul. See what I mean.

You said it's impossible for a republican forum to not talk about Ron Paul because as you put it he is a republican. So people are going to talk about him. Please point out where I am putting words in your mouth?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I know I was personally attacked for doing nothing other than pointing out why a "statistical analysis" that favored Ron Paul was not actually mathematically sound.

One instance doesn't make a rule, especially without a link as proof.

Or what about this very thread? The OP posed a simple question and one of the responses he received called him a shill and told him to leave the board.

No, the OP insulted people by saying things like "paulites bringing up their savior"

Telling people what they can and can't do when saying "Ron Paul supporters please either answer the question or do not post. It's that simple."

You may see that as benign conversation but trust me, calling someone a "paulite" is insulting and pretending to make the rules on who can or can't post in a thread is insulting as well.

As for the criticism comment, his policies are going to have flaws. Go up to a supporter of any other candidate ask them if there are aspects of their chosen candidates policies they don't agree with and they'll say yes. This is why so many people say Paul's followers treat him like the Messiah. They are incapable of admitting to any faults in his plans. He's not a god. He's a man. He's going to have flaws.

My criticism comment was about when someone criticizes a candidate that it is only natural for the supporter to debate the criticism. I am not sure how you reply responds to that. Anyhow, I haven't met a single Ron Paul supporter that agrees with every position Ron Paul has. Nobody treats him like the messiah, that is an obvious exaggeration, they do treat him with respect though, which I admit, is unusual for a politician.

Many Ron Paul supporters find faults in some of his positions. What you seem to be asking for is that they find faults in the positions of his that they agree with? I also admit though, many people also exist that agree with nearly everything the man says. Should that imply that they don't really have these thoughts and they only have them because Ron Paul told em so? Seems pretty unlikely.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Are you actually attempting to say that the only Ron Paul crowds are on the internet. Or only internet supporters are running the state conventions where he is winning the delegates? Your entire response has a large problem. The internet hasn't found a way to replace actual people and the crowds are not computer run robots at least not yet. It is time for the freedom haters to get a grip. with all the repression, denial, and character assinations did not work.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here you go OP:

forums.hannity.com...

Have fun!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Here's the thread I was referring to. Even on the first page the word shill gets thrown around for no reason other than someone saying there are errors in the graphs. Like I said in my previous post politics don't really appeal to me so I'm not going to take the time to hunt down examples that don't jump out at me right away. However, I can't count the number of times where I have seen Paul supporters refer to supporters of other candidates as sheeple or brainwashed. I can also say with extreme confidence that Paul supporters have thrown around the terms shill and disinfo agent more than the supporters of all the other candidates combined.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Please point out where I am putting words in your mouth?

OK, here ya go.

Because you said it was impossible.

No, you said, that I said it was impossible. I did not. It seems silly to even argue this as I haven't typed the word in this thread, this was your comprehension of what I wrote, not my actual words or sentiments. That is what I mean by putting words in my mouth.

Good luck with your search.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

No, the OP insulted people by saying things like "paulites bringing up their savior"

Telling people what they can and can't do when saying "Ron Paul supporters please either answer the question or do not post. It's that simple."

If you want to be treated as an equal don't call everyone gov't paid shills, GOP insiders, or paid hacks whenever people question your man. I have received THESE insults multiple times! I know many who will not jump on the Paul bandwagon simply because of these insults that they spread. But of course, somehow these are not insults

I just simply want my question answered; is that too much to ask for the RON PAUL 2012 crowd?? If this insults you so much why are you here?
edit on 24-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join