It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent expose of RNC protest plus Pier 57 Footage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
E. Goldstein primary editor/founder of 2600 was one of many that were detained for protesting the RNC. The following link includes: His story, pictures, audio, and video of the protest from Ground Zero, Union Square, 16th Street, and Pier 57!!

www.2600.com...

I am glad he was able to get footage from the Pier as at that point of detention all camera's were supposed to be taken away. Gotta love leaks like this!

Hooray for U.S. Independant Press!

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that link Crysstaafur.

As far as I'm aware, there is apparently one terrorist network responsible for the events of 9/11, yet they have been left alone whilst the economic and strategic interests of this administration have been pursued to the detriment of the moral fibre of western democracy and the freedoms which have been fought so hard for by those who are no longer amongst us.

Iraq and Afghanistan do not seem to understand what it is that we are bringing to their respective countries and it is with a certain stubborness that we seem to be forcing our opinion and way of life upon them 'for their own good and the stability of the world' - which to my mind seems more unstable by the day.

When people stand up in numbers to express their disapproval of this situation, they get treated like cattle and subjected to techniques designed to cause fear and confusion so that they are discouraged in their attempts to express their freedom of speech. Emmanuel's account of 31st. August is frightening and you can only wonder what the Patroit Act part II will mean for ordinary people caught at the wrong time in the wrong place.

These are turbulent times indeed, who would have imagined in their darkest nightmares that a Vietnam-style war would be on our television sets at the start of the twenty first century controlled by a biased media with free-speech zones and anti-riot police.

It really does remind me of George Orwell's 1984, with the endless war on a big screen and no-one really knowing the truth of why it started and when or if it will ever end.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Kafka. Definitely Kafka-esqe.

We HAVE to keep protesting and making our opposition known. The arrests at Critical Mass and the Police State scenery are ONLY SCARE TACTICS to make us stay home instead of speaking out.

We are stronger than those in charge. We are the masses.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I took the time to read every word he posted and I watched the videos.

Their treatment was appalling at best and I feel sorry that you have to endure such conditions to protest against Bush.

Take him down in November,

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Pretty lame "expose" if you ask me.

Vote BUSH in November.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It sounds like "scared straight" or a field trip what a joke. Are you sure his "expose" is serious?

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
E. Goldstein primary editor/founder of 2600 was one of many that were detained for protesting the RNC. The following link includes: His story, pictures, audio, and video of the protest from Ground Zero, Union Square, 16th Street, and Pier 57!!

www.2600.com...

I am glad he was able to get footage from the Pier as at that point of detention all camera's were supposed to be taken away. Gotta love leaks like this!

Hooray for U.S. Independant Press!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone

Vote BUSH in November.

Vote Bush in Nov. so we can justify treating the protestors like the Nazi's treated the Jews? I hope GB chokes on a super stuff pretzel and finishes his karma so this will be over now. I dont think the Dems had to worry about protesters because the Dems are not the people who are dragging this country through the proverbial mud. The only thing I find lame is your response.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reread the discription of events ...my kids have been on rougher feild trips.
I hope a Holocaust survivor and and old Nazi find fellowship and put aside all differences as they team up to beat you silly for even making that ridiculous statement.

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by moxyone

Vote BUSH in November.

Vote Bush in Nov. so we can justify treating the protestors like the Nazi's treated the Jews? I hope GB chokes on a super stuff pretzel and finishes his karma so this will be over now. I dont think the Dems had to worry about protesters because the Dems are not the people who are dragging this country through the proverbial mud. The only thing I find lame is your response.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Apollyon,

What are you, a Bush stroker? OMG, your funny
HMMM The Nazi's rounded up Jews because they stood for something the Nazis did not believe in. The republicans had the protesters rounded up and put into a camp because the protesters hold a different opinion and were exercising thier right to protest it. Sounds similar to me. And before you ask, no, I dont think John Kerry is the be all of end all presidential hopefuls. I dont think weve had a decent candidate since Clinton. Say what you want, but the overall approval rating says it all. I still stand by my original statement. If that offends you, Im sorry... Oh, wait, NO IM NOT! Its so like a maniacal Bush lover to try and suffocate someones opinion when it differs from thier own.

[edit on 9/28/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Cmon NYPD don't be afraid to make those hippies bleed!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
It sounds like "scared straight" or a field trip what a joke. Are you sure his "expose" is serious?

If you can confuse scared straight with a field trip you've got problems.

No, it's real. Google search for it, watch how many hits you will get.
just click the link below... it won't hurt...

www.google.com...

It's quite sad that the powers that be in NY have to resort to Fascism just to save face. Welcome to the decline of Western Civilization.
Time will tell....

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You can offend Nazi's and Jews with a single post. Your ignorance is stunning. The Nazis put the Jews in camps not because they were protesting (most were taken from there homes) but simplely because they were JEWS!!!!. The only reason they were even put in camps is to make killing them easier if the Nazi's had a portable killing and cremation system there would be no camps. Did the NYPD kill any of these peacniks? Please

Perhaps the NYPD should have made cocoa and s'mores and sang filk?

IMHO they should have beat the patchoulli wearing freeaks and taucht them a lesson.

Apollyon,

What are you, a Bush stroker? OMG, your funny
HMMM The Nazi's rounded up Jews because they stood for something the Nazis did not believe in. The republicans had the protesters rounded up and put into a camp because the protesters hold a different opinion and were exercising thier right to protest it. Sounds similar to me. And before you ask, no, I dont think John Kerry is the be all of end all presidential hopefuls. I dont think weve had a decent candidate since Clinton. Say what you want, but the overall approval rating says it all. I still stand by my original statement. If that offends you, Im sorry... Oh, wait, NO IM NOT! Its so like a maniacal Bush lover to try and suffocate someones opinion when it differs from thier own.

[edit on 9/28/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When the protesters are SHOT instead of detained then there is a problem ...ask Zcheng about the Tiananmen Square Massacre.

Originally posted by Crysstaafur

Originally posted by Apollyon

If you can confuse scared straight with a field trip you've got problems.

No, it's real. Google search for it, watch how many hits you will get.
just click the link below... it won't hurt...

www.google.com...

It's quite sad that the powers that be in NY have to resort to Fascism just to save face. Welcome to the decline of Western Civilization.
Time will tell....

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I love freedom of speech circles!

Wow, they're so cool

This is where the people are allowed to fully express their freedom of speech rights, because hey let's just face it, any where outside of this circle would be commiting a crime and lock you up for 48hrs during August 31/04.

If i say cheese, would you take my picture officer?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I love the way left wing facist always try to act like every act of protest and destruction they do is "freedom of speech". You HAVE freedom of speech, you HAVE freedom to vote like everyone else. You DO NOT have the freedom to stop other peoples' freedom of assembly and speech even though this is EXACTLY what you want to do by "protesting". Spin it as you will, that is what the aim of any protest like this is. Don't tell me if given the opportunity many of those NY protesters would not have blocked off or in some way tried to keep people attending the convention from getting to where they were going. Your "protests" are laughable and intellectually bankrupt. It's more an excuse to party and try to hook-up. I used to be one of you people before I grew up and realized folks of your ilk are not interested in free speech at all. You are interested in YOUR speech.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I dont think the Dems had to worry about protesters because the Dems are not the people who are dragging this country through the proverbial mud.

The Democrats haven't got to worry about protestors because those who oppose Democrats have emough sense to get to the election polls and vote who they're against, out of office. Protestors, are people with a criminal record that can't vote.

It seems to me, that most of them don't have jobs and live off the dole.
That's why they have so much free time to organize protests.

I'd rather be dragged through proverbial mud than flushed into a stenching cespool.

[edit on 30/9/04 by Intelearthling]

new topics

top topics

join