It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Painfully Admits That Ron Paul Will Win Iowa

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ron won maine also

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by fourthmeal

Well As a black person , his "stance" never has been ...cleared up (shall we say)..for me. BUT, to each his own.

However, people who have sworn allegiance to others have little room for Us - the people.

I wise man once said:

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions.

-JFK

Great quote!
It should be posted on the doors of the NSA and CIA right under the sign that says; "EVICTED". Because these agencies, while they have MANY hard working and dutiful people who imagine they are protecting America, are ultimately serving multinational corporate interests who have no such allegiance. SECRECY merely protects the corrupt or the incompetent -- and I'd say that's 98% of the time but I might be a little low on the estimate.

When you say; "as a black person" do you mean as Obama is mostly black, or that you are black? It's a hard thing from me as a white man to actually get into the heads of another white man -- but if there's some special ethnic telepathy -- good luck!

My own thought on Obama is that he was raised by a white mother and grandparents -- his father, AFAIK, was an angry deadbeat. So he was "rescued." I don't know if he is ashamed of that part of him, or merely more comfortable with acting as the most responsible person in the room -- but it would explain what buttons on him are getting pushed.

>> I won't be surprised if Obama sells out again the Wall Street, Big Oil and Big [Insert Industry] after he is re-elected -- but I will almost not be surprised if he doesn't come out as a Liberal. He delayed the Keystone XL Pipeline but hints that he may make it happen quicker -- without a commitment. Exactly the kind of move someone would do if they wanted to make sure the Oil companies didn't stab them in the back while they were working to stop it -- call it a litmus test of whether Obama is on our side or not.

As far as the Presidential powers acts he has expanded -- scary stuff. But it can also be a double-edged sword. The Congress and the Supremes have rolled over to create an oligarchy, but a benign dictator can merely accuse anyone of treason (and I think with so many, it would stick) and lock them up while they try and prove they are not al Qaeda (it's pretty impossible). But nothing in Obama's background seems to indicate that he will be anything but responsible -- but heck, we really don't know our next neighbor, much less any politician except by a few outbursts. And Obama is the best poker player yet.

>> Ron Paul will not win -- the system doesn't support it. But at least he might leave a gaping hole in the Republican Party that could seed a true third party movement.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Thanks.

My "as a black person" comment was in response to someone telling me how honorable, great, ethical...blah blah blah Ron Paul was/is. It was meant to remind people that because of that that little "racism snaffu" (that has never been cleared up) I really have no need to believe that he is a good of a guy as cracked up to be.

Most people are only concerned with and cognisant of issues that effect them personally.just was reminding people that "others" are watching how the political stage is panning out

I appreciated your response.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Thanks.

My "as a black person" comment was in response to someone telling me how honorable, great, ethical...blah blah blah Ron Paul was/is. It was meant to remind people that because of that that little "racism snaffu" (that has never been cleared up) I really have no need to believe that he is a good of a guy as cracked up to be.

Most people are only concerned with and cognisant of issues that effect them personally.just was reminding people that "others" are watching how the political stage is panning out

I appreciated your response.

Did you really just bring up decades old newsletters?

pfft...

I am reminded of Ghandi at the moment. They've ignored him, they've made fun of him, they have attacked him... and ... what's next?

www.buzzfeed.com...
Such a racist. [/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You see I judge people by their actions more than their words, and his actions overpower his (alleged) words greatly.

I don't see a racist wishing for equality for all, liberty for all, and more prosperity for all. Dismantling the FED and replacing IRS taxes with NOTHING would benefit ALL equally, except of course the Elite who take that money and buy their 5th Rolls Royce of the year.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

*sigh*

I'm sure it is not a concern to YOU because YOU were not the people who were targeted in these "decades" old writing.

you have the right to feel however you want - thats the freedom that you keep harping about RP will bring- I at least have the right to have RESERVATIONS about the man don't I. Why do you continue to try and brainwash me like this shouldn't be a relevant concern to me - personally?

a Ron Paul - Ghandi comparison?
a bit much.

but the response was just me clarifying for the other guy and the topic got a little bit more in depth than I intended.Carry on with your Ron Paul - Jesus comparisons..
edit on 26-4-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I like how that video does the ripple edit right before his answer. Nice edit. I would have liked to hear his answer to the question the set up the whole video with.

Also, I don't know how old you are, but in 1987 AIDS was looked at very differently. People were afraid to let their kids go to school when it became a big scare because information about it hadn't gotten out everywhere.

We really didn't know that much about it, no one did. I would say a lot of people who were adults in the 80's would say they have a completely different idea today about AIDS, what it is, how it spreads etc.

I am sure he didn't mean anything about babies as you say, he is talking about adults, and even then it is kind of irrelevant, He was talking about a new disease that seemed very much to target a specific group of people. He probably shouldn't have touched the topic back then, but I doubt he feels the same knowing what we do now.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You know when I'm targeted? When I'm taxed illegally, groped by TSA, and so on. We are ALL targeted that way.

I'm not washing you, I am pointing out the logical fallacies as they come. It isn't an attack. I wasn't comparing Paul to Ghandi, I was speaking to Ghandi's quote. Again a logical fallacy to be corrected.

Brainwashing is not something I do. You are free to have an opinion and I welcome it like most should. HOWEVER, you came to this conversation pages ago with some very bold claims as if they were fact, and as if they were good reasons for not putting this man in charge.

Bringing up race in "attack mode" for a guy who has no professional voting record of anything racial at all just seems like a fallacy in itself. I've seen it before. Strawman, mostly. The Racist Ron Paul is an easy target. It is hard to fault the guy for much else, so that's about all that stands to hit. I get it.

*sigh*

I'm sure it is not a concern to YOU because YOU were not the people who were targeted in these "decades" old writing.

you have the right to feel however you want - thats the freedom that you keep harping about RP will bring- I at least have the right to have RESERVATIONS about the man don't I. Why do you continue to try and brainwash me like this shouldn't be a relevant concern to me - personally?

a Ron Paul - Ghandi comparison?
a bit much.

but the response was just me clarifying for the other guy and the topic got a little bit more in depth than I intended.Carry on with your Ron Paul - Jesus comparisons..
edit on 26-4-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
-snip- the media!

Get a Ron Paul bumper sticker and place it on your vehicle.

If you are really adamant about it, buy a few and give them to friends.

If the brain dead american's need to "see to believe" give them something to see!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Keep it up Ron, may the momentum continue....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So lets say ron paul was looking like he was going to take the nomination and then all of a sudden has an "accident" would you riot with me?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
So lets say ron paul was looking like he was going to take the nomination and then all of a sudden has an "accident" would you riot with me?

It would probably be of natural causes. Protip: Ron Paul is too old to be president. We can't have him fall down the rose garden steps and break his hip. That just won't do.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

we all knew this was going to happen. i think its part of their plan somehow.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Originally posted by Doalrite

It would probably be of natural causes. Protip: Ron Paul is too old to be president. We can't have him fall down the rose garden steps and break his hip. That just won't do.

You're both incredibly silly and make no sense at all.

Don't wish for such an outcome.

<< 9  10  11   >>

join