It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Fine delete my posts for being succinct.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Its in the rules, look it up
Just above that box you checked when you signed up
OR,
Go ask the skeptic overlord if you dare

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Hey, just seeing other regular posters giving one liners too...so explain that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theangrypea
OK I just wanted to get this out there correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus was Jewish right?
Then how can any religion other than Judaism be correct if Jesus was Jewish surely that means the only right religion is Judaism right?
anyway let me know your thoughts and sorry if this post seemed very stupid but I haven't heard anyone speak about this before...

You are very ignorant person, Jesus Denounced Judaism and created what was then "A New Age" religion

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rory212

Jesus certainly did not denounce Judaism, you're the ignorant one. Jesus was a Jew, and Judaism is the correct faith. Those who reject Jesus reject Judaism. The true Jew is the one who follows Jesus.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

www.blueletterbible.org...

A distinction is made culturally for those who are born ethnically Jewish, and those who are not, but come to follow Jesus. It was decided that forcing them to follow all the Jewish customs would be a burden that was not called for. I'll be happy to find verses if you like, I'm just at work.

Edit: Those Christians who follow Jesus are following the fulfilled Judaism, Jews who denounce Jesus, or call him a simple prophet have abandoned Judaism, yet kept the name the same.

edit on 25-4-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

OK I just wanted to get this out there correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus was Jewish right?
Then how can any religion other than Judaism be correct if Jesus was Jewish surely that means the only right religion is Judaism right?
anyway let me know your thoughts and sorry if this post seemed very stupid but I haven't heard anyone speak about this before...

1. If you BELIEVE that Judaism today is the 'religion' of the Holy Scriptures, then you come to the conclusions that you do. Let's look;

* "Phariseeism became Talmudism, Talmudism became Medieval Rabbinism, and Medieval Rabbinism became modern Rabbinism. Both throughout these changes in name ...the spirit of the ancient Pharisees survives, unaltered (Pharisees, the Sociological Background of Their Faith, Louis Finkelstein, p.21)."

* "The Jewish religion as it is today traces its descent, without break, through all the centuries, from the Pharisees ...The Talmud is the largest and most important single member of that literature ...and the study of it is essential for any real understanding of Phariseeism (Universal Jewish Encyclopedia under Pharisees)."

In conclusion, Judaism is NOT the 'religion' of scripture, but is of the doctrines of men. The beginnings of which Jesus encountered in JUDEA. Modern Judaism places their doctrines ABOVE GOD. The Talmud, which modern Judaism places ABOVE inspired scripture, twists the Mosaic law into perversions. How can anyone not see that condoning sex with a girl under three and a boy under nine as NOT sin is NOT of God? It's of wicked men.

2. Many have heard that "for salvation is from the Jews." Really? The 'Jews' can SAVE people? Even an atheist would tell you that 'if there was a God it would be HIM who saves' - yet many Christians can't see that something must be wrong with the above translation, for they KNOW that God is salvation. So what's wrong with the translation? It should read "for salvation COMETH OUT OF JUDEA".   WHO CAME OUT OF JUDEA/JUDAH? Why the King of Kings and Lord of Lords - Jesus/Yahushua.

3. The word 'Jew' did not appear in ANY Bible translations until the 18th CENTURY -The original chroniclers used the Greek "Ioudaios" to denote people who lived in Judaea, that is, in English, for "Judaeans". The Latin translation was "Iudaeus". The modern day word 'Jew' has taken on a meaning like the word 'gay'. One hundred years ago people found it a compliment to be called 'gay', but today it has a FAR DIFFERENT meaning. The same principle applies to the word 'Jew' today - we automatically think of it as a person in the religion of Judaism, instead of 
the"Iudaeus" of yesteryear which evolved to the English "Jew" through these English forms is: "Gyu," "Giu," "Iu," "Iuu," "Iuw," "Ieuu," "Ieuy," "Iwe," "Iow," "Iewe," "Ieue," "Iue," "Ive," "Iew because there was no letter "J". A word that originally denoted JUDEAN has morphed into the word JEW. We all NOW believe that a Jew, (a person in the religion of Judaism TODAY), so we READ scripture with those tainted glasses. It singlehandedly perpetuates that the 'Jews are the chosen people of God', yet scripture clearly states that those who accept Christ are the Elect, the Israel of God. Many Bible translations are now reverting back to the word 'Judea'. JESUS WAS THE KING OF JUDEA. The tribe of Judah maintained the 'kingship' until Shiloh came.

4. Why is this SO IMPORTANT today? Why did the people who settled our nation KNOW that they were Israelites, yet today the vast majority of Christians think that they are just 'Gentiles'? Because this deception has taken place by the false prophet who resembles a lamb but speaks as a dragon. How else can the descendants of the Israel of God come to REJECT their God but through misinformation and deliberate deception? Only four hundred years ago, settlers, OUR FOREFATHERS, understood that God had welcomed back the 'prodigal son' - Joseph - and turned over the Kingdom of God to the House of Israel and made the House of Judah desolate. Today, it's exactly opposite - Christians and their atheist descendants think that the 'Jews are Israel' and that Christians are 'Gentiles'.

What a tangled web of deceit that is coming to Light in these last days of this Age before the second coming of Yahushua. OP, Jesus wasn't "Jewish", He was born of the tribe Judah in Judea and condemned the Pharisees for making "a convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are". The modern day religion of Judaism is not the faith of scripture, per their own statements. And anyone who still believes that it is has listened to the world of lies instead of seeking the truth from God Himself. All those who seek God value the truth, for He is truth.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by rory212

Jesus certainly did not denounce Judaism, you're the ignorant one. Jesus was a Jew, and Judaism is the correct faith. Those who reject Jesus reject Judaism. The true Jew is the one who follows Jesus.

"The teachings of the Talmud stand above all other laws. They are more important than the laws of Moses (Rabbi Ismael)."

"The decisions of the Talmud are words of the living God. Jehovah himself asks the opinion of the early rabbis when there are difficult affairs in heaven (Rabbi Menachem, Commentary on Fifth Book)."
jesus-messiah.com...

How long can you keep up the myth that the religion of Judaism is the 'religion' of the inspired scriptures, when their own deny it?

"Phariseeism became Talmudism, Talmudism became Medieval Rabbinism, and Medieval Rabbinism became modern Rabbinism. Both throughout these changes in name ...the spirit of the ancient Pharisees survives, unaltered (Pharisees, the Sociological Background of Their Faith, Louis Finkelstein, p.21)."

And you say that Jesus didn't CONDEMN the religious leaders of Hid day?
""Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are." Matthew 23:15

Judaism is the 'correct' faith??? Those who reject Jesus reject Judaism??
Those who accept Jesus RENOUNCE RabbinIsm Judaism.

edit on 25-4-2012 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

incorrect! he said he did not come to change the law,not one letter,but to fulfill the law because the the pharasees where just puppets for the roman over lords!
and as for the original post,yes jesus was jewish,and he never claimed to be anything else. the jewish ptb at the time were getting pretty lax with their faith and were enjoying life under roman occupation,selling birds at temple for sacrifice and the like. thats why jesus freaked on the money changers.
if he did come back today,he would be appauled that people are worshiping him as lord,and 'son of god
this is a sin against god. ceaser called him self god,and it sickened the jews. no man is a god.
it seems jesus was well versed in the torah,especialy the book of daniel,because he fulfilled most of the prophecies in that book. 'a star from the house of david',and so on.
the romans made jesus a god at the council of nicea to try to unite their country as it was falling apart.
thus began christianity!
why do you think there is so much pagan symbols and holidays?!!! roman influence!!!
hope this helps

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

First of all Jesus Christ is not a religion, he is a person and also God in the flesh who is alive right now preparing his kingdom for the Christian saints that believe and trust in him. Secondly you seem profoundly ignorent in Christianity. I highly suggest you get your self a bible and read the New testament, it will give you the answers you seek. Apathy will not be an excuse on judgement day for we all have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory.

With love RG.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

reply to post by fourthmeal

yes im not saying about jewish people im just saying that if jesus was a jew then surely all other religions that are based on jesus, then they are wrong because jesus had the correct faith-Judaism

all of the "other" religions based on jesus all have the jewish background or what the bible calls the old law. when jesus came around god made him put forth a new law where he was the one and only sacrifice people would need to atone their sins. in the jewish old law animal sacrifices were regularly practiced.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rory212

You are very ignorant person, Jesus Denounced Judaism and created what was then "A New Age" religion

you are a very arrogant person, i'm assuming you have a low self esteem . just because someone has questions about a religion doesn't make them a very "ignorant person".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

God created a peculiar people that he was going to send the promised seed of the woman in Geneses threw ...He picked Abraham to make a covenant with and said they would be His people ...Most of the Old Testament is Prophecy about the coming Messiah ...It is also types in a sense that the Passover Lamb or the Bronze Serpent in the wilderness picture Jesus Christ ...All of the rituals and objects contained in the Judaic religion are also types of the real deal ,Jesus Christ ...Had Israel accepted their Messiah and not crucified Him the world would not have been quite the same ...But God knowing they would reject Him had a plan to fulfill His purposes ... You see there are things going on in High places with what is known as Principalities and Powers that man has only vague references to ...Its a real big story much bigger than Religion ...I don't know if that explanation helped you or not ,I know its a really big subject that Phd.Scholars look into and there is a divide among them as to a single consensus ...peace

edit on 25-4-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

There is no room left open for Jesus to simply be a wise man, that is a very foolish thing to say and the bible.leaves no room for that. He is ether a liar lunatic or God. You got to decide.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Jesus is a houx. Even the writer Saul of Tarsus stated when I was a child I did childish things but when I became a man I put those things away. Have you ever believed santa clause?

Jesus stole every persons identity in his claim of being the 'Son of GOD' when GOD says in the OT, "you are all sons of the living GOD" And suprisingly enough identity theft is the # 1 crime in our society today. Dont think GOD moves.

I have marveled at the Bible for many years and only after many struggles did I except it as the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Would GOD tell us everything and not try us on those things. Hence Jesus and the law. A man of flesh sent to be the saviuor of the world when GOD says I am he. Can a thing that is created become the Creator. Although Noah, David, and Abraham were most righteous they cannot save noone for their unrightouesness as stated in the OT.

If you do a quick search for the strong number for Paul you will find the number 3972. Mr Strong a lit professor created his concordance in 1890. A preacher that knew the bible well. He knew that their were 39 books in the OT and 27 books in the NT. So why this particular number for Paul? Rather simple if you flip the number as we do the bible the 27 would be correct and the 39 would become 93.

Or another look at the name Jesus and his number 2424. If you look at the number forward and backward and add you have 6666. Again Mr Strong I dont think would do this unless he was lead to it by God himself.

Again the strong number 5772. This just happens to be the year of the Jewish people today. But why would it stand for marriage in the OT and divorce in the NT. So ther is more going on here than Mr Strong doing this.

And there is much more than this but a good start on your quest for religion.

edit on 25-4-2012 by SuckerMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Jesus taught me the most important lesson of all, never follow your parents religion.... Start your own, as well he taught me he is full of # and I should always contradict myself.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Jesus didn't come to start a new religion. In fact Christianity was at first recognized as a Jewish sect. It was only through the passage of time that Christianity completely broke away from Judaism; for various reasons.

It should be noted as well that the Judaism practiced today is not the same as the Judaism that Jesus would have practiced.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Despite popular belief,Jesus was not a Jew.Infact he hated them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Completely absurd. The only reason the writings of christianity came when they did is because they were completly stolen from the OT writings, Anytime before the year 400 would have been a criminal offense of plagirism which was punishable by death (stoning).

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's impossible for anyone today who is not "connected" to know for sure, but here's my theory (in brief summary) based on many years of research:

Yehoshua Ben Yosef was a "Nazarene". Nazareth didn't exist at the time. The Sect of the Nazarenes was a Gnostic Secret Society and an offshoot of the Essenes. "Jesus" was a Jewish mystic who was a reincarnated Master. He may have been part of a Zionist (Sionist) plot to have a King from the line of David rule the world.

This has nothing to do with "Jews". It has to do with Aryan Satanists (Khazars) from the Caucasus Mountains region. They are being directed by lower fourth dimension negative entities who are highly advanced technologically but have no God-spark and hence they are spiritless and have no human emotions. They exist only to "take" and never to "give".

The Universe is evolving back towards the Supreme Creator, the Source of All Things, made up entirely of pure Love and Light and whose desire is to share unconditional Love. In this plane of Existence, He/She is evolving just as we are. Our job is do defeat evil with Love and Compassion.

Thus, the negative (Satanic) beings provide the negative force necessary for the evolution of mankind and planet earth. Since the entire universe is connected, what happens here affects life and consciousness across all dimensions (vibrational frequencies or octaves). Hence, "God" can be fully found and explained through Mathematics, Logic and Music.

There's more, but the work bell has rung.....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

I completely agree that one was groomed for the position of king. Or just a farse completly.

edit on 25-4-2012 by SuckerMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join