It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Because it gave them power and control over the people, obviously.

Imagine what someone is willing to do to be rid of a demon they are sure exists...and that part of the tale won't be in the records. To take it further, what if the exorcist convinces someone they have demons, when they really don't? Now that person is in debt, and the exorcist knows exactly what kind of payment he wants...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Because it gave them power and control over the people, obviously.

Imagine what someone is willing to do to be rid of a demon they are sure exists...and that part of the tale won't be in the records. To take it further, what if the exorcist convinces someone they have demons, when they really don't? Now that person is in debt, and the exorcist knows exactly what kind of payment he wants...
But why do it in Jesus's name? Why not do in in their own name and make them look powerful?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Because Jesus is a preexisting concept, one that is normally associated with hope and salvation. There is tons of meaning behind the name...and in order to give authority to your own name, you have to put in a lot of honest work. If you do it dishonestly, that just means a lot more work.

But to use a name that is already existing, and already powerful and authoritative...

Use your head. It doesn't take a lot of brains to figure this out. Sometimes, I think people like to come here just because they can get other people to do their thinking for them. I struggled for a lotmy answers. It really isn't that hard to understand why they would use Jesus.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I struggled for a lotmy answers. It really isn't that hard to understand why they would use Jesus.

You are right. Now a days, people all over the world see televangelists doing these things using Jesus's name. So yeah, it does make sense that others would try to imitate it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Jesus/Yeshua, real or metaphor is the only redeeming part of any of the Judaic faiths and shows the way back home, so take him out and you have pure hell.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Jesus himself isn't the way...he lead by example.

His name means "God is Salvation." The Bible clearly states that God is Love, and Jesus taught lessons concerning loving yourself and everyone around you.

Love is what he was teaching us. But we've taken it too literally. That helped us survive up to this point, but now we're chained. We have to break free to continue any further.

It doesn't hurt to take lessons with us, though.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Hi Starchild

You Wrote

"Jesus ...led by example - his name means "God is Salvation." The Bible clearly states that God is Love, and Jesus taught lessons concerning loving yourself and everyone around you. Love is what he was teaching us..."

UNQUOTE

Actually R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir was thoroughly imbedded in the kind of racist zionist language we find (shock and awe !!) in the Dead Sea Scrolls (who refer to gentiles/goyim/non Jews as 'dogs' in documents such as Miqsat ma'aseh ha Torah (MMT) and the War Scroll (1QM)

And also, was he not strung up for armed Sedition against Rome during an Insurrrection (36 CE - on the 100th anniversary of the invasion of the Roman Army under Pompey in 63 BCE)?

And when I say ARMED I mean armed WITH REAL SWORDS that REALLY CUT FLESH (see the 3rd canonical Greek gospel 'according to Luke' whoever he was chaper 22:35-40 - or do you imagine that the Slave of the High Priest's Ear was cut off with a butter knife left over from the Last Supper?

He also had no truck with gentiles (i.e. non-Jews) - how loving is that?

'Go not in any way of the towns of the goyim, neither speak to them, but enter only into the towns of the elect of the Lost Sheep of the house of Yisro'el, preaching the good news of the Kingdom of David...'

or see Matthew chapter 15

'And he said to the SyroPhonecian (gentile): 'Lady, the Bar Enasha ('son of man' = see Aram Daniel 7:13-26) was sent ONLY to the Lost Sheep of the House of Yisro'el, and anyway, since when is it right to take the children's bread out of their mouths and throw it away on the DOGS under the table?'

Do you REALLY believe a 'universal loving teacher' or Rebbe would say things like this (i.e. dog-name calling) to goyim?

Certainly his followers ('disciples') were devoted to him, even after his execution for his part in the Insurrection of 36 CE, and he must have shown a great deal of loyalty and love to them - but to those outside his own little group he seems to have had no love at all e.g. 'first, Rabbi, let me go and bury my father...but he said to him, Let the Dead Bury Their Own - you, take up the yoke of the Kingdom and follow me...' or

'To you my disciples, I shall explain the meaning of everything - but to THOSE OUTSIDE, everything must be couched in riddles...'

In other words as loving as he must have been to his 'own flock' and even extending to the Jewish-Torah abiding Sammaratim (mixed blood Torah abiding Jews of the northern Levant who worshipped at a formerly ancient temple site mound at Gerazim, with whom he was sometimes confused, at least according to the 4th canonical Greek gospel - 'according to John' whoever he was, chapter 8:47 etc.) - he seems to have not cared at all for anyone who was 'not chosen' = i.e. of the lost sheep of the house of Yisro'el - a racist position to take if there ever was one.

How on earth could you think that this man was in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM 'universal' in his concerns for humanity in general, i.e. the goyim?

'Nice harmless little Rebbes telling nice harmless little parable Stories' don't get themselves strung up spread eagled naked and castrated on gibbets by Roman authorities for armed sedition against the state screaming things like 'the Times of the Amorites is over - repent now - and believe the Good News of the Kingdom [i.e. of David] or 'Do you imagine the Bar Enasha was sent to bring Peace to the Land of Yisro'el? By no means ! The Bar Enasha ('son of man' see Aram. Daniel 7:13-26) was NOT sent to bring Peace upon the land of Yisro'el but to bring a Sword upon it - not to bring Harmony to it, but to bring Divisions upon it, to set mother against daugher and father against son and mother in law against daughter in law and father in law against son in law until a man's enemies be they of his own household !"

(an Aramaic Midrash on the Aram. Targum of Micah 7:6 not withstanding !!!)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join