It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OK I just wanted to get this out there correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus was Jewish right?
Then how can any religion other than Judaism be correct if Jesus was Jewish surely that means the only right religion is Judaism right?
anyway let me know your thoughts and sorry if this post seemed very stupid but I haven't heard anyone speak about this before...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Pretty simple: Jews today (that have remained Jews and not Christians) have rejected that Jesus was their Savior.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

yes im not saying about jewish people im just saying that if jesus was a jew then surely all other religions that are based on jesus, then they are wrong because jesus had the correct faith-Judaism

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Jesus was more of a paradox than anything while he was with the Jews. His often overlooked message was pretty simple, "There is strength in weakness." His first sermon was the Sermon on the Mount, which was all about that theme.

He wasn't the friend of pharisees, rather he was a friend of weak people. He resisted the proud and extoled the virtues of humility.

He didn't say, "blessed are the rule keepers." He never struck me as Jewish. He totally comes across as God on the flesh, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

Jesus was a Jew.

In the Jewish texts, a savior was foretold. Most considered this to be a military savior. So when Jesus showed up claiming to be the fulfillment of prophecy, that was the birth of Christianity.

The two religions (and Islam) share the same beginnings.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

He was born Jewish. He claimed to be their Savior.

Thus born a new religion

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Although he was born into Judism you might find that he did not follow the religion... As a matter of fact, he taught against many jewish laws....

This is my thread on the issue... www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was kinda ruined by certian religious trolls, but either way... IF you skip to page 6 you'll see what i mean...

He was born a jew... but he didn't follow the religion

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

thanks
i just wondered because i thought there must be something else

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
Jesus was more of a paradox than anything while he was with the Jews. His often overlooked message was pretty simple, "There is strength in weakness." His first sermon was the Sermon on the Mount, which was all about that theme.

He wasn't the friend of pharisees, rather he was a friend of weak people. He resisted the proud and extoled the virtues of humility.

He didn't say, "blessed are the rule keepers." He never struck me as Jewish. He totally comes across as God on the flesh, in my opinion.

In my very humble opinion, he comes across as someone who understood the innate flaws of mankind and was warning us against them. Additionally, he was giving us the secret keys to happiness and success...unfortunately, our need to worship something that will take care of all of our needs (because we hate doing stuff for ourselves, or being held accountable for our mistakes, and have a great fear of death) has caused us to warp his words into an entirely different meaning.

I will admit that Jesus was a wise man. I just don't think he was "god in the flesh". He wasn't any more special than the people he preached to.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have your answer!!
it is written of a new covenant ...it is written of in the old books and the new testament, too! it was always meant be before time even.
what's so cool about the deal Jesus offers, it's free and instantanious.......he said that he will stand at your door and knock........in this new deal, sin doesn't come into the relationship anylonger, it is still there, sure.
If one believes Jesus, that is all we will be judged for., our sins are at the bottom of the sea and God can't see them anymore......not paraphrased
edit on 24-4-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

If one believes Jesus, that is all we will be judged for., our sins are at the bottom of the sea and God can't see them anymore

That my friend... is a load of bullshmit

Jesus isn't a free ticket to sin all you like... i would keep reading.

Me thinks you're missing something

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Any religion that is finite will never work, by that I mean a book that is written and that is that, its done.

People evolve and with that so does their spirituality.

The longer a wonder book such as Bibles/Qurans the more question their are going to be to try and prove it wrong by people who disagree.

That's why I find the idea of Buddhism probably the best, its just philosophy's that any one can add to. Not 1 book that was written and that's it, you cant add to it.

Unless you work for the church and wear a red robe and has a special signature on a piece of paper that proves it was wrong

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm enjoying this thread thanks
I too have wondered about the OPs question, and now I have my answer.

I'm not religious, but I did converse with a few christian members last week in the hopes they could possibly enlighten me, I'm still not convinced "God" is one single entity, but the freaky thing is, after a week of slating this so called God for not being around or helping out, I've had a complete week of good luck
could it be a sign?

I'm a bit scared lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The God of the Jews is the God of Christ. Yet Paul said that the old law has become obsolete and that the New Covenant has been made, and we are now to offer the blood of Christ rather than the simple jewish custom of the sacrificial animal. Yet the Same God still hears all people and sees all things, but It is His Son with Whom He is pleased. God wants us to bear Christ's cross on our hearts and minds, knowing Christ Himself Who is Always with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

God is more then a "single entity"...

I see God as everything, without exception... Its the only logical means of understanding him... aside from his son...

And i can tell you what God isn't...

He is not an old man in the clouds waiting to spike a lightining bolt at you if you sin

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey Thean

You wrote : QUOTE

"...Jesus was Jewish right? Then how can any religion other than Judaism be correct if Jesus was Jewish surely that means the only right religion is Judaism right? "

UNQUOTE

Well, I suppose it depends if R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (c. BCE 12 to CE 36 = Gk. Ho Iesous) had any authority or not for you personally - in other words, whom you believed the man to be.

If you believe the Greek words placed into his Greek-speaking mouth in the canoncial Gospels actually originated with him (even though he spoke early 1st century Galilean Aramaic) and that he held some kind of special spiritual authority for you, well...then in order to 'take the Yoke of the Kingdom upon your Shoulders and Follow him...' you first could NOT be divorced; and secondly you would have to give all your money away to the Ebionim ('the Poor ones', a Daviddic Messianic organisation run by his torah abiding brother Yakkov) and you would have to commit to following 'every jot and tittle of the Torah of Mosheh' in other words, you would have to turn yourself into an armed Messianic 1st Century Jihadist Jew (like the author of the so-called Book of Revelation, who wanted all males in his army of 144,000 to be 'virgins undefiled by the filfth of the female' to go out and fight a Final Holy War (ala Bin Laden !) against the ritually abominable-unclean goyim (gentiles) whom they wished to be destroyed and totally left out of the New Yerushalayim which was supposed to fall down from the sky) 'for the elect of the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel' to live for 1000 generations. etc.

(read the 1st canonical Greek council approved Gospel - according to 'Matthew' whoever he was - chapter 15: verse 12-25 where a SyroPhonecian Gentile Female is told off to her face by the Daviddiv Pretender-Zionist Juhadist Rebbe himself : 'Lady the Bar Enasha ('son of man' see Dan 7:13) was sent ONLY (Gk. eutheos) to the Lost Sheep of the Elect of the House of Yisroel...and anyway, since when would it be right to take the children's bread out of their mouths and throw it away to the DOGS (the 1st century Judaean word for 'gentiles' according to the Dead Sea Scrolls !) under the table? !!"

But if R. Yehoshua bar Yosef means nothing more to you than an executed Daviddic Pretender & Armed Galilean Insurrectionist-Seditionist who armed his disciples with REAL swords (see the 3rd canonical Greek council approved gospel - according to Luke, whoever he was - chapter 22:30-37 - during the 100th anniversary of the invasion of the Romans under General Pompey in 63 BCE into Judaea (when The Insurrection took place on Pesach, 36 CE - note the term used as 'THE Insurrection' - at least if you believe the 2nd Canonical Greek Council Approved Gospel ('according to Mark' whoever he was) see Mk. 15:1-5 for the weird language used to describe this rebellion--then becoming a Messianist Jew thinking you are living in the Last Days when the goyim will be overthrown -- would be quite pointless.

Why would ANYONE want to join ANY religion that overtly hates (can you say AMALEKITE ?) and wants dead 99.999 percent of the rest of the world by calling themselves the Chosen People (or 'elect' ones) who are loved by their own vicious clan-god whose priests said it was OK to 'exterminate them all, leave nothing alive that breathes...genocide every one showing no mercy to them - including men, women, children and Animals ?? !!

link   

Hey Thean---

Interesting thoughts....

You wrote : QUOTE

"...Jesus was Jewish right? Then how can any religion other than Judaism be correct if Jesus was Jewish surely that means the only right religion is Judaism right? "

UNQUOTE

Well, I suppose it depends if R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (c. BCE 12 to CE 36 = Gk. Ho Iesous) had any authority or not for you personally - in other words, whom you believed the man to be.

If you believe the Greek words placed into his Greek-speaking mouth in the canoncial Gospels actually originated with him (even though he spoke early 1st century Galilean Aramaic) and that he held some kind of special spiritual authority for you, well...then in order to 'take the Yoke of the Kingdom upon your Shoulders and Follow him...' you first could NOT be divorced; and secondly you would have to give all your money away to the Ebionim ('the Poor ones', a Daviddic Messianic organisation run by his torah abiding brother Yakkov 'the Righteous Priest') and you would have to commit to following 'every jot and tittle of the Torah of Mosheh' in other words, you would have to turn yourself into an armed Messianic 1st Century Jihadist Jew (like the author of the so-called Book of Revelation, who wanted all males in his army of 144,000 to be 'virgins undefiled by the filfth of the female' to go out and fight a Final Holy War (ala Bin Laden !) against the ritually abominable-unclean goyim (gentiles) whom they wished to be destroyed and totally left out of the New Yerushalayim which was supposed to fall down from the sky) 'for the elect of the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel' to live for 1000 generations. etc.

(read the 1st canonical Greek council approved Gospel - according to 'Matthew' whoever he was - chapter 15: verse 12-25 where a SyroPhonecian Gentile Female is told off to her face by the Daviddic Pretender-Zionist Jihadist Rebbe himself :

'Lady the Bar Enasha ('son of man' see Dan 7:13) was sent ONLY (Gk. eutheos) to the Lost Sheep of the Elect of the House of Yisroel...and anyway, since when would it be right to take the children's bread out of their mouths and throw it away to the DOGS (the 1st century Judaean word for 'gentiles' according to the Dead Sea Scrolls !) under the table? !!"

Or this gem:

"Do you imagine the Bar Enasha ('son of man') was sent to the Land of Yisro'el to bring Peace? By no means ! The Bar enasha was sent to the Land of Yisro'el NOT to bring Peace, but to bring a Sword - he was sent NOT to bring Harmony, but to bring Division ! He was sent to set mother against daughter and son against father and son in law against father in law and daughter in law against mother in law - so that a man's enemies be they among his own household !!"

or other such violent zionist-jihadist language extracted midrashicallty from the Aramaic targum of the prophet Micah 7:6 or not !!

But if R. Yehoshua bar Yosef means nothing more to you than an executed Daviddic Pretender & Armed Galilean Insurrectionist-Seditionist who armed his disciples with REAL swords (see the 3rd canonical Greek council approved gospel - according to Luke, whoever he was - chapter 22:30-37 - during the 100th anniversary of the invasion of the Romans under General Pompey in 63 BCE into Judaea (when The Insurrection took place on Pesach, 36 CE - note the term used as 'THE Insurrection' - at least if you believe the 2nd Canonical Greek Council Approved Gospel ('according to Mark' whoever he was) see Mk. 15:1-5 for the weird language used to describe this rebellion--then becoming a Messianist Jew thinking you are living in the Last Days when the goyim will be overthrown -- would be quite pointless.

Why would ANYONE want to join ANY religion that overtly hates (can you say AMALEKITE ?) and wants dead 99.999 percent of the rest of the world by calling themselves the Chosen People (or 'elect' ones) who are loved by their own vicious clan-god whose priests said it was OK to 'exterminate them all, leave nothing alive that breathes...genocide every one showing no mercy to them - including men, women, children and Animals ?? !!

So basically, the fact that R. Yehoshua bar Yosef was a Daviddic Jew of the 1st century should have little to do with anyone out here in the west who tend no longer to believe in flat earths with 'hardened-domes'above them, or talking donkeys or talking snakes or virgin births for that matter !

edit on 24-4-2012 by Sigismundus because: stuttering commptuerrrrr

link   
reply to post by Sinny

God is Three Holy Persons in One. Do not call it good luck, but Good Spirit! Good News! The Father loves you and all people but He wants your love in Him to be closer. To be closer to the Father get to know the Son Whom He has sent. The Father is pleased with His Son and has made His Word the Gate to the Kingdom called Heaven. Once you become acquainted with the Word you will understand spiritual Words better, and you will come to know the so Holy Ghost which will be growing along side of you. Oh if you only knew the Love which awaits you! You would no longer question and you would just run to It!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theangrypea
OK I just wanted to get this out there correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus was Jewish right?
Then how can any religion other than Judaism be correct if Jesus was Jewish surely that means the only right religion is Judaism right?
anyway let me know your thoughts and sorry if this post seemed very stupid but I haven't heard anyone speak about this before...

Maybe yes maybe no...

Jesus was a Radical and lived in the Essene Community at Qumran (debatable as no one knows for sure).

In my view from my studies.... he was not a jew even though Judaism reigned in those times. He was a seeker of truth... A free thinker.

Free thinkers get crucified because of their "wicked" ways, ya know. An Essene Jew is what some may call him. Others may see Jesus as non religious as he taught AGAINST religion.

He lived in an era where there was a lot of control and he went against it. That to me speaks a lot whereas I have concluded he was and will forever be "The Truth and the Way". Thats the only label I give him.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I'm enjoying this thread thanks
I too have wondered about the OPs question, and now I have my answer.

I'm not religious, but I did converse with a few christian members last week in the hopes they could possibly enlighten me, I'm still not convinced "God" is one single entity, but the freaky thing is, after a week of slating this so called God for not being around or helping out, I've had a complete week of good luck
could it be a sign?

I'm a bit scared lol

The thread you are speaking of is a good one. The OP is also VERY insightful without all the dogma. He incorporates all of creation (Universe as a whole) and this is key to understanding not only Jesus's teachings but The Word (which he showed you what The Word is 777) as well.

Jesus is/was a "way" for us to know God. IF you want to KNOW God then he says.... follow me. Not follow me walking to this house but follow what I say and do and you will feel much happier because then you will be surrounded with Light and the darkness cannot consume you.

Jesus when compared to other "Holy Men" is not even touchable. This I know.

Did you have good luck because you are opening your spirit to a more reliable way of living? Reliable meaning outside of the material world....?

I think so!

You don't have to be perfect. You don't have to label yourself as belonging to any religion. If you follow Jesus then you would most certainly not be a part of a religion. He taught against it and didn't create Christianity. The controlling men after his death created it to ......guess..... CONTROL. The good news is God is good all the time. He is so good that one can read the Bible and get the meanings that are most important and even find hidden meanings. Also, back when it was written and compiled they had no clue the Master Plan was at hand even though they TRIED hard to confuse and divide us.

Coming together with others with a heart of understanding love is completely different than coming together to hear one mans interpretation of the Word that is within all of us. Your heart when reading the Bible or any other text that you deem close to God (within your heart) will cause your spirit to lighten up.... be free from the dogma that surrounds us daily.

It works for me... and I am far from perfect...nothing special besides the love I give. Hope this made sense. lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join