It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's Most Unusual Houses- Would You Want One?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Since Tuesdays are rather…blah, I wanted to share something I find highly fascinating.

Introducing…..Unusual Houses!

First up: Bart Prince Houses in Albuquerque, New Mexico and Los Altos, California.

Architect Bart Prince is renowned for his incredibly creative approach to designing structures. The homes he has created look nothing like the boxy houses you and I live in; they’re quirky, they’re organic, and they’re most definitely one-of-a-kind. Prince says his designs start from the inside out, and that every home he builds has an idea behind it. Pictured are Prince’s own home in Albuquerque (top) and the Seymour residence in Los Altos, California.

The Bubble House in Tourettes-sur-Loup, France

The ‘bubble house’ of Tourrettes-sur-Loup, France, is only 35 years old and has yet to be finished, but that hasn’t stopped the French ministry of culture from listing it as a historic monument. Designed in the 70s by Hungarian architect Antti Lovag for fashion designer Pierre Cardin, the bubble house is futuristic yet organic, with lots of built-in furniture and oval, convex windows. The design is meant to take optimal advantage of the volcanic Côte d’Azur landscape, and its windows certainly provide a beautiful view of the Mediterranean.

Toilet Shaped House in Suweon, South Korea

The world’s one and only toilet-shaped house was built to mark the launch of the World Toilet Association, a campaign for more sanitary restrooms worldwide. Sim Jae-Duck, nicknamed “Mayor Toilet”, had the 4,508-square-foot concrete and glass structure built in his native city of Suweon, South Korea. At the center of the home is a glass-walled “showcase loo” that produces mist to make users feel more secure. Sim, who was born into a toilet and has made clean restrooms his life’s work, now lives in the home.

The Shoe House-South Africa

The ‘shoe house’ of South Africa is the work of artist and hotelier Ron Van Zyl, who built it for his wife Yvonne in 1990. The shoe houses a little museum of sorts, showcasing Van Zyl’s wood carvings. The shoe is part of a complex that includes an eight-chalet guest house, camp site, restaurant, pool and bar.

The above houses can be found here

The Nautilus House (One of my favorites)

The Earth House in Dietikon, Switzerland.

The Flintstone House

And my personal Favorite: The Tree House

The second group of pics can be found here
edit on 24-4-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: Attempting to fix broken code for member.
edit on 4/24/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Cool post!!! I've allways lived in unusual places. Nothing wierd. Just not the white picket fence house

I love lofts , and converted warehouses, I would Definatly live in any of those

I also love the converted missile silo in Kansas , I saw a program on that and fell in love with it!!

Be safe people

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Very cool! S&F for the fun of it. I love earthships; they are way cool, and I want to build one!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Id like to live in a tree house or underground. Maybe an underground treehouse...that would be unusually awesome.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Outside the box is the best place to be, in my opinion.

s&f for originality's sake.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I liked them all except the boot!
Pretty cool thread, thank you

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've always wanted to buy an old country church and fix it up as a permanent residence. Don't know why, just always liked the idea.

ESPECIALLY if it came with its own cemetery...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow! These are great! I would live in any of them (sans the toilet and shoe homes).
Here's one I ran across this morning, not much compared to the others but still unique
www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

top topics

join