It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A taboo human instinct from a personal perspective

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53

Originally posted by Destinyone
I will tell you something I did when you posted the little one's photo. I took a piece of paper, and held it covering each side of his face, down the middle. You see 2 different children's faces. It's the eyes.....

Des

Wow, I just did this... it really is two different faces! What do you make of it?

Remember I told you my feeling was he is a very old Soul...What I also see is a young soul. . 2 Souls/entities in this Child.

There are instances of twins, in the very early stages of development, one is absorbed by the other...

IDK, but that is what I feel. ...Des

edit on 28-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

The facial asymmetry is very typical. You often find it in highly intelligent people and in everybody generally, though it is often very noticeable in artistic types. I'm an artist and have done numerous portraits of people and look at these things carefully. It is very marked in guitarist Eddie Van Halen and in numerous other people.

There is nothing odd or unusual about this.

To my eye this baby is completely normal. There seems to be an adult problem going on here, particularly with the mother of the baby. She needs an intervention by someone. It is very dangerous to trifle with the emotional development of a child. Children are not toys to play silly selfish games with.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm not a psychologist, so what follows should be taken for what it is, the opinion of a layperson.

To me there are two distinct problems going on here.

1. The first and most important problem, because it is the source of all the difficulty in this case, is the failed relationship between the mother and the father of the child. The mother is suffering because of this. She feels rejected and is in need of attention, sympathy, cuddling, coddling, building up of her self esteem, etc., etc., etc.

Her situation is complicated because life is complicated and it needs a lot of attention.

2. The second problem was created by the mother as a way of solving the first problem, for which she is not receiving the appropriate treatment. In a tit for tat sort of way, called spite, she has decided to reject her child, the child of the father who rejected her. This is a classic development. Children of divorced parents are rejected all the time.

But . . . she feels badly about rejecting the child so she has concocted this preposterous story about something odd, something strange, something wierd about the child.

This fraudulently developed story serves two purposes. It gets her off the hook for rejecting the child and more importantly gets her the emotional sympathy, support she craves in her current situation of being the survivor of a failed relationship.

This woman and her child, need professional help, either from a psychologist, her church group or somebody in her circle, who sees clearly what is going on and is not fooled by the spin.
edit on 28-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

The mother and father of the child are together, live in the same house and are getting married. Maybe something in another post made it seem like they weren't but they are.

I am the one that feels the child seems weird. His mother has never said anything to me about it, and I have never told her about how I feel. My husband, mother, and neighbor have all concurred with me on the issue, but mom and dad have not ever said anything to the effect.
edit on 28-4-2012 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

I am pretty much 99% sure that the mother's problem is laziness.
edit on 28-4-2012 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with being open-minded, and I have no interest in mocking others' beliefs.

However, if you start a thread suggesting that some babies are inherently unlovable, then you'd better have a decent and rational argument to back up your point of view.

If the ''argument'' descends into space-aliens and ''star-men'', then perhaps a little bit of introspection and psychological assessment is called for.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Oh.

Uh . . . OK. The baby is probably alright. Adults getting the notion that an 8 month old baby is weird strikes me as odd, though, based on the photograph. Either the baby is really weird, in which case expert medical opinions should be sought, or the baby is not weird, but the adults around him need to adjust their attitudes a little, maybe be willing to wait it out a little. The baby is probably fine. Not so sure about the mother.
edit on 29-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I found this after looking up some of his specific "symptoms" or oddities. This could be it.

Reactive Attachment Disorder

How Does this Happen? All of these and other conditions can cause Rad maternal indifference toward pregnancy trauma, drugs, alcohol exposure - During pregnancy abuse in the home (physical, emotional, sexual) neglect- Unregulated diaper changes. Not cuddling, loving, holding. sudden separation from mom (illness or death of mother or severe illness or hospitalization of child) undiagnosed or painful illness such as colic or ear infections inconsistent or weak day care chronic depression with mom and/or dad. several moves and/or placements (foster care, failed adoptions) unprepared mothers with poor parenting skills Babies that could be developing RAD include these signs: Constant crying or almost no crying) Delays in development Does not want to be touched. Does not want to be cuddled seems “stiff as a board” poor sucking response Little eye contact, no tracking with eyes

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join