It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning And Why It Doesn't Matter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

What?

I'm not comprehending what you're talking about. It doesn't seem to make much sense.
Here's the premise - Macro Evolution states that one specie can evolve into an entirely new species. We've never seen this happen. Now read my post again.. slowly.

I didn't know the theory of evolution attempted to explain the origin of life. Is this what you are saying?

Do you truly believe that life doesn't evolve and adapt into different forms? That cavemen lived with dinosaurs and whatnot?

Seriously? Never heard of the Primordial "soup"?

And yes, I truly do believe that life DOESN'T evolve and adapt into different species. Different kinds, I do believe. This is micro-evolution. It's irrefutable. Our ancestors did indeed live with dinosaurs, but they weren't cavemen. Can you prove to me anything you said?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Jeez it's so simple..

It sure seems like it is when you explain it.

Simple and easy to wrap your head around. In fact, it's one of the simplest explanations around...well....it is if you get past the whole issue of how completely impossible it all actually is to get any of it to make sense with the real stuff that can't be dismissed away by just calling it a demonic deception.

But what the hell, who really cares what you folks believe anyway?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

See the last post I made as to why your belief requires a great deal more faith than you even realize. None of it has been proven, it's all just a religion.

I won't argue that point. However, I would point out the comparison between the degree of "suspended comprehension" required to swallow half of those beliefs that Judaics and such like to spout daily...as opposed to believing that "god" is actually the energy that pervades everything, which is conscious on some level...

As opposed to realizing that where we come from and where we're going doesn't matter, so much as how we get there.

Tried and proven methods? Do you even know how C14-Dating works?

I never restricted it to carbon dating. Although if carbon dating were truly so unreliable, would they continue to use it to verify the ages of various fossils or materials unearthed all over the world?

There is also studying rock, studying water tables, studying extraterrestrial terrain and comparing it to earth, and loads of other methods by which to find the age of our planet. And considering the cash these scientists pull in each year by busting their butts studying something most people wouldn't take a second look at...well, I would be hard pressed to accuse them of lying or stretching facts.

And actually, uhh, yea, we kind of need God to be nice to people - hint, hint - God is all things good. Anyone who shows ANY sign of goodness, has God's spirit working through them, whether they realize it or not. All evil comes from a lack of God.

And there's where your problem is. God is an external entity who apparently influences everyone...let's see, what else do we call this? I think...ah, yes. LOVE. You're not talking about God, or the spirit of god...you're talking about LOVE.

God is love. The Bible states this many times. And Jesus's name literally means "God is the way to salvation". Since we're all about interpretations when it comes to the Bible, it's not too farfetched to say "Oh, Jesus meant we have to love in order to go to heaven."

It's not god, you silly human. It's love.

What's the point of keeping secrets? If you think you know something, share it.

My thinking I know something is a lot more supported than your Christian nonsense. And I did just share it.

DIOS ES AMORE. Google it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Light showing, yes?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Jeez is a form of prophanaty you are a Christian yet use your alleged saviours name in vain? You could choose geez or gee wiz yet you chose Jeez a shortening of Jesus..To show your frustration at us non beleivers?Like people whom use O M G as if the deity is there god an theres alone to express suprise ect.I beleive holy rollers refer to it as useing his name in vain...Vanity as in he is your personal God I suppose...Geez is so complicated.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I have a question for you,Starchild23, "What are the odds of your living within your probable lifespan compared to the probable lifespan of the entire universe?" Remember 14 billion is just the minimum whole number, it could be hundreds of trillions. Using the minimum number estimating the age of the Universe and based on an average human lifespan its roughly 200 million to 1 you even exist right now.

Now if you think hard enough about my question you'll free your mind from whatever trap you have ensnared it in.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Nice thread and good points.

Coming from one of the youngest countries on the planet made up of mongrel stock, it WAS important for me to know, I don't think I could have settled unless some of my questions were answered.
I envied those who could just function and get on, didn't know how they did it, I don't any more envy even one.

It is not the colour of my skin that makes me kin, it's the colour of my heart.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join