It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite export controls loom over national security, economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Satellite export controls loom over national security, economy

defensesystems.com

The Defense Department, after a two-year delay, released a report April 18 urging Congress to lift restrictions on satellite exports, and some experts – as well as the so-called 1248 report – say failure to do so could pose a threat to national security.

Currently satellites and related equipment are governed under the U.S. Munitions List, but the report advises control of satellites be transferred to the Commerce Department and that decision-making be handed over to the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.defense.gov

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If I am to understand the article, it appears that the DoD spent $$876,000 study the national security impact of our nation's export controls over Satellite technology.

Apparently, it does have a bearing on the safety of our nation (according to the authors)...

Nevertheless...

...the report advises control of satellites be transferred to the Commerce Department and that decision-making be handed over to the White House.

So the "commerce" department and the Executive branch of government will become the 'protector' of the national interest... why does this seem so telling? It implies to me that commerce and politics are being 'surrendered to" by the military... why is that?

“This is one small step for export control reform, but if Congress is going to take a giant leap, that remains to be seen,” said Mike Gold, director of D.C. operations and business growth at Bigelow Aerospace. “It’s a matter of priority, and that’s a problem with the legislative process. But the rules desperately need updating for today’s technical and geopolitical reality.”

I suppose the transnational corporations are now working to realize their sovereignty over one customer nation's restrictions.

In the additional news link you will find the the 1248 report... it's release was delayed for two years... can anyone imagine why it was "delayed?"

defensesystems.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-4-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think it has something to do with that long walk up
"Capitol Hill".

The walk is long and costly....more so every passing year.
Which in turn offers up "reasons" for more EOs.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
National Security is a great cash cow for the defense industry. I believe that satellites are used to surveil and control people.

For years I have studied articles, books and listened to people saying they are tormented by voices in their heads, electrical impulses out of thin air hurting their bodies, and have been a victim as well. I wrote an article about satellites using surveillance technology to track and harm citizens.

It is my opinion only based on what I have read and trying to come up with some kind of explanation for all the torture, stalking and other cointelpro related problems that self-proclaimed victims are having. There is reason to believe that some of their claims are true.

My article is one of many I have published online. My most recent is called 'Satellite Control':
www.examiner.com...

Since the public is not going to have these technologies clearly explained, it takes many years to put the pieces together, and begin to connect the dots. The defense industry is wide-spread; it is hard to begin to know how much money is being spent on technologies that has secret classifications and that criminals may have been tapping into and using without people's knowledge. Secret technologies and using them on the public is also not something the U.S. will ever freely admit to. The U.S. government is not facing up to these technologies being used on citizens around the world. This is my belief.

My website is: www.cfasw.net... where I have collected links to begin to explain to the public the technologies that have been used to harm and torture people. Links I have posted are a fraction of what I have been reading.

The public needs to be exposed to this information. It needs to be forced out of the closet. Too much money is being spent on these technologies while people around the world are suffering.

new topics

join