It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Experiments, Proof that Human Consciousness influences Particles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadLights
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Has anyone every thought of the implications of using a laser mouse. How just moving around a laser light controls everything the mouse icon on the computer does. Think about that for a minute let it sink in.

Dude I was just thinking about that! How old are laser mouses now? It's pretty crazy how moving a light has that much effect even if it is just a mouse.

Now start thinking about x-box connect and the wii. Blows your mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

Originally posted by DeadLights

Has anyone every thought of the implications of using a laser mouse. How just moving around a laser light controls everything the mouse icon on the computer does. Think about that for a minute let it sink in.

Dude I was just thinking about that! How old are laser mouses now? It's pretty crazy how moving a light has that much effect even if it is just a mouse.

Now start thinking about x-box connect and the wii. Blows your mind.

That technology is actually pretty straightforward, I posted below his post how it works.

The mouse emits a laser beam and then the reflected image is received by the CMOS sensor and sent to the DSP (Digital Signal Processor) .. this cycle happens multiple times in a second .The DSP detects patterns and changes in the images and tracks the movement of the mouse and then sends the coordinates to the computer..

Kinect is the same technology as the Sony PS Eyetoy I think, that existed 10 years ago already, I think. It's not that remarkable at all, it just detects movement and translates it to the computer.

I may be a bad thread host for saying this, but it kinda annoys me that you would comment on a stupid laser mouse and omg dude xbox kinect Wi wtf, but the amazing, freaky and remarkable results of the Quantum experiments this thread is about do nothing for you?

No amazement there, no wondering how that is possible?

Sigh.

edit on 24-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

It went over his head and under his feet!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

It went over my head?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone on here give the Science channel the time of day but incase you don't here's some help. This is why regular society is in the dark ages. Everyone is worried about uneducational b/s.

There is one episode which talks all about quantum physics and how some particles will seemingly be in multiple places at the same time. They also go into how you can use certain forms of light to communicate between recievers. Saying that teleportation might be possible if the teleportee was broken down into a crypted message much like an email.

I'll look for that one later. You should watch the ones about dark matter aswell.

This thread in my opinion is proven. But then again we're all just idiots.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Back in the 60's they used to give us kids polarized plastic to play around with. You could take two strips, one polarized vertical and one polarized horizontal and angle them so that no light would pass through. Now by adding a third strip *after* the two that totally blocked the light you could get the light to magically appear again.

What is going on here is just the spooky wave nature of light, there is no cause and effect paradox.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yeah I watch the Science channel metal. Pretty good sometimes when it's not full of reality shows. Which is a problem now a days. Sad really.

Here some more information to back this thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Thanks for adding to the thread, and supporting it.

I will be checking those vids tomorrow.

reply to post by KingLeoric

The same goes for you. Thnx.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

What is going on here is just the spooky wave nature of light, there is no cause and effect paradox.

If you are content with the explanation of it being just "spooky" and end your search for knowledge with that, be my guest.

Only the facts disagree with that, as pointed out.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We showed yoy how simple old technology per se proves your thread just think about it. Your boda as a controller for a game character. That doesn't scream quantum physics to you?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
-So when they don't measure there is an interference pattern.

-When they do measure the interference pattern collapses.

-When they measure but immediately erase the info, the interference pattern is restored.

This proves that the physical act of measuring, the Observer Effect, is not responsible for collapsing the interference pattern.

The measuring device has interacted with the particle, yet the interference pattern remains if the info is erased.

The conclusion is again inescapable, the availability of the info is what collapses the pattern, or not.
I see no other reason for that besides it having a direct relation with the consciousness of the experimenter.

That's because the observation is done by the person/consciousness that observes the results, even if those results are observed after the experiment already happened. The machine itself doesn't "observe"... at least not yet.
if we could put human consciousness in that category of the machine too then the astral world or a shadow of a-live one is where the interference is build trough its human pattern in it by the very nature of a pattern - a human form?

btw. I really like this picture so often shown on the net ..does anyone know the actual author of it?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

No, it absolutely doesn't. Does a motion detector setting of an alarm or turning on a light scream QP to you. It's the same principle. It's based on a sensor detecting motion.

I already explained this, I even took the time to post how a laser mouse works, even though I found it totally irrelevant.

You both clearly didn't understand this thread, otherwise you would have posted how remarkable the findings were, instead of focussing on mundane technology.

This thread clearly went over your heads, and you have the audacity to say that your absolutely simple and understandable technological examples went over my head?

Come on now dude. Don't make a fool out of yourself.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I believe what is a greater possibility is very similar to what you describe but due to a different reality.

As Quantum particles behave by their own set of rules and do not abide by the rules of the Marco-Universal Physical Laws...it maybe that this is due to the ability of Quantum particles to be part of a much larger system...the Multiverse.

In a Multiverse...there would be an infinite number of Universal States and Divergent Universal Realities that are off shoots of our Universal state via probability. Thus there are many different versions of you and me. This is based on a choice of action...in one Divergent Universal State...I had a Coffee today...in another...including this one...I did not.

Now the Atoms thus within them the Protons and Netrons that make up our Brains...there are Quantum Particles such as Quarks, Leptons, Glueons...etc...that exist in a state of Universal Reality FLUX...thus in a Proton that is part of what makes up my brain...that Proton or Neutron has quarks that exist in quantity that are never less than a certain minimum or greater than a certain maximum but can exist and blink in and out of our Universal Realities Existance inbetween those minimums and maximums. Where do they go or come from?

Some models have them exchanging existance between our Brain and the particles of a brain of another you or me in a different Divergent Universal state within the Multiverse. Quantity is based on probability of cause and effect...thus the interconnection between Divergent Universal States within our alternate selves.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

As Quantum particles behave by their own set of rules and do not abide by the rules of the Marco-Universal Physical Laws...it maybe that this is due to the ability of Quantum particles to be part of a much larger system...the Multiverse. In a Multiverse...there would be an infinite number of Universal States and Divergent Universal Realities that are off shoots of our Universal state via probability. Thus there are many different versions of you and me. This is based on a choice of action...in one Divergent Universal State...I had a Coffee today...in another...including this one...I did not.

I definately agree with this. It also relates to the single particle fired at the two slits, going everywhere, through each slit, through both and hitting the double slit screen, aka superposition. A wave of potential where every possible outcome is present.

This is how I view the Univers. Our consciousness merely manifests the outcome that is within our program's perimeters.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is your consciousness strong enough to change history?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Agreed sounds like something I used to preach. Thats besides the point anyways reason I replied to you was to show you a bigger picture you may or may not be privy to.

We are the quantum level! Not exactly the one as to say the only one. And we cannot percieve our reality as such. But we are quantum. Just living within atoms that are within an object of multiverses that are making up multiple dimensions until you get to the bigger picture!

Question are we inside a hard drive? Or a biological brain? Chew on that one a min.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I would say consciousness is, this is a post I made earlier.

Scully and Drühl found that there is no interference pattern when which-path information is obtained, even if this information was obtained without directly observing the original photon, but that if you somehow "erase" the which-path information, an interference pattern is again observed.In the delayed choice quantum eraser discussed here, the pattern exists even if the which-path information is erased shortly later in time than the signal photons hit the primary detector.

The non interference pattern is already on the screen before they erase the wich path info, yet when the experimenter checks the screen later, it still shows an interference pattern.

How is that possible? It's only possible because after the fact, the wich path info is not available, so the pattern on the screen adapts to the experimenter not knowing the wich path, even though it was available at the time the particles hit the screen.

The pattern on the screen adapts to human consciousness. How else would you explain it?

However, the interference pattern can only be seen retroactively once the idler photons have already been detected and the experimenter has obtained information about them, with the interference pattern being seen when the experimenter looks at particular subsets of signal photons that were matched with idlers that went to particular detectors.

They are saying that the interference pattern only shows itself after the experimenter knows if the wich path info is available or not, by looking if the idlers were picked up by the detectors that are related to the wich path info not being known in this case.

You have to have an understanding of the setup of the exp to understand this.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why else would it matter what the experimenter knows, if human consciousness is not the deciding factor?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I want to post an appropriate song right now but I can't, can you?

www.youtube.com...

See me feel me touch me by The Who.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you can demonstrate ESp abilities to the Great James Randi he will give you a million bucks, Show him the proof and collect your bux,

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That would be a better reply for the Remote Viewing thread, this is not really about ESP.

Request by InTheLight,

Way before my time, but I like everything about that era.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join