It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Experiments, Proof that Human Consciousness influences Particles

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Whatever, I have been replying constantly to many people, is it my responsibility to worry about your interpretations? As soon as I realized it I tried to explain it to you, didn't I.

Again, where did I say that it was as you think I thought it was?

And then what, is the interpretation we have been agreeing on the whole time, in hindsight any less remarkable?

edit on 25-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

I need to find out why it is assumed that whatever is "present" when a single electron is fired, at 40% of the speed of light, is not effecting the trajectory. To me, this needs to be addressed before we think about how it changes when being recorded.

Here a quick rundown of the full gist of this:
genesismission.4t.com...
edit on 25-4-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

It doesn't matter, what matters is what happens to the sinlge particle after the slits.

ETA to below, I'm saying that you are dragging things into the equation that don't matter to the point of the experiment.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So you are saying that since whatever is present before the slit is also present after the slit, it becomes a common denominator?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

Originally posted by lucifuge
Is it the case with the whole of Quantum Physics, that because we don't fully understand it and it has some peculiar noted properties. Thus anything in science we can't explain with rational thought or experimental presidence. It therefore concludes it must be Quantum Physics or Quantum something?

Of human consciousness in this case.

Rampant is the misuse of mystery by those with a New Age agenda when infilling the unknown with mythical beliefs (such as human consciousness in the case of the OP). I admit I have my own issues.

I think the double Slit experiment doesn't have a thing to do with human consciousness intervention.

It's dog turds. Yes, dog turds; somehow when a dog takes a crap it affects the material passing thru the double slit. I know I can't prove this by BY GOD it IS true BY GOD and no one is talking me out of it.

Doesn't it resonate with you?

What is the purpose of you posting inexperienced limited regurgitated crap? Are you trying to increase your post count or something? I can see you only believe what you are told and resonates to your understanding of the universe. I don't see any New Age agenda going here... there's no purpose for that. Many people on this forum experience consciousness at a whole deeper level on a daily basis than most people do, we are beyond that are quite frankly tired of waiting around mainstream scientist to come out with hard evidence, that is how I go into consciousness awareness and I can tell you it's very real. Humanity is on brink of a new discovery about consciousness/brain, dark matter, DNA ... the list literally goes on... technology is far beyond than it was a decade our understanding of the universe is going to be rewritten. If you have a hard time understanding consciousness then you can start by practicing meditation or you can watch the video below. Consciousness is a mystery not mythical as you so THINK it is, it is uncomprehending to those that never EXPERIENCED consciousness at a deeper level. You sir need to stop trolling, get over yourself and really do some deep research and experimenting.

edit on 25-4-2012 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

So what happens with the Einstein Podolsky Rosen paradox with those results ? Is that theory now quashed also ?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Actually we still dont know exactly what Gravity is but we know its working and thats all that matters right now.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckfeezzy
Im a scientist and I am very familiar with the double slit experiment. I have never heard about the variation of deleting the data before it is observed, but am not surprised by the results. Here is an experiment replicating the DS experiment with macromolecules.

news.softpedia.com...
Id share my opinion on the collapse of the wave function but im on my cell phone. Thought provoking post, I wish people (especially other scientists) would keep an open mind and not write this experiment off because they dont like/understand the results or dont like that animated movie haha.

Even Einstein called it spooky stuff. If he can be humbled by this I dont see why scientist of today cannot. They are just jaded. The 20's and 30's were a more innocent time.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Originally posted by MamaJ
Nice OP!

I am off to work but will be back in a few hours. This link (if read in its entirety) will offer a lot of insight regarding particles and Consciousness. LOVE IT!

www.sufimessage.com...

Vibrations turn to atoms and atoms generate what we call life; thus it happens that their grouping, by the power of nature's affinity, forms a living entity. And as the breath manifests through the form so the body becomes conscious. In one individual there are many fine and small beings hidden: in his blood, in his brain cells, in his skin, and in all planes of his existence.

Consciousness has nothing to do with the outcome of the experiment.

Why would you say it has nothing to do with the experiement when the OP clearly states it does....??

So there you have it. The inescapable conclusion is that human consciousness has to be playing a role in these experiments. I urge skeptics to debunk these findings, I know there are some here that have always objected to this by saying it is because of the Observer Effect. Well it clearly is not. What does this mean in real life? Well this is off course pure speculation, but I would say that solid matter forms from a wave of potential, based on the programming, expectations and perimeters of our consciousness. Take it or leave it, but preferably, discuss.

The link I offered to the thread also states WHY it does matter.

Now.. if your mind only allows you to think inside a closed box then... thats on you.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi MamaJ, thanks for trying, but he is stuck in a soon obsolete way of thinking.

That's his problem.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

Originally posted by lucifuge
Is it the case with the whole of Quantum Physics, that because we don't fully understand it and it has some peculiar noted properties. Thus anything in science we can't explain with rational thought or experimental presidence. It therefore concludes it must be Quantum Physics or Quantum something?

Of human consciousness in this case.

Rampant is the misuse of mystery by those with a New Age agenda when infilling the unknown with mythical beliefs (such as human consciousness in the case of the OP). I admit I have my own issues.

I think the double Slit experiment doesn't have a thing to do with human consciousness intervention.

It's dog turds. Yes, dog turds; somehow when a dog takes a crap it affects the material passing thru the double slit. I know I can't prove this by BY GOD it IS true BY GOD and no one is talking me out of it.

Doesn't it resonate with you?

What is the purpose of you posting inexperienced limited regurgitated crap? Are you trying to increase your post count or something? I can see you only believe what you are told and resonates to your understanding of the universe. I don't see any New Age agenda going here... there's no purpose for that. Many people on this forum experience consciousness at a whole deeper level on a daily basis than most people do, we are beyond that are quite frankly tired of waiting around mainstream scientist to come out with hard evidence, that is how I go into consciousness awareness and I can tell you it's very real. Humanity is on brink of a new discovery about consciousness/brain, dark matter, DNA ... the list literally goes on... technology is far beyond than it was a decade our understanding of the universe is going to be rewritten. If you have a hard time understanding consciousness then you can start by practicing meditation or you can watch the video below. Consciousness is a mystery not mythical as you so THINK it is, it is uncomprehending to those that never EXPERIENCED consciousness at a deeper level. You sir need to stop trolling, get over yourself and really do some deep research and experimenting.

So that a "Yes" for my dog turds exponentiation?

You people are soooooooo easy to fool.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ok Correct me if I am wrong. Just wanted to be clear on the understanding of this.

In much silmpler words, if one has access to this information. Then the interference pattern is desrtoyed. Correct?
Is it because, it is playing in the mind over and over, that we are observing it or because we have knowledge of it?

To restore the interference pattern. How would one go about it? Erase this information? let it go and put it in the back of your head?

Can you explain more?

edit on 25-4-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalBinoculars

What??? You people??? I think you need to lay off the skeptic websites they are turning you into a looney. You need to move along son this thread is beyond your comprehension. You don't want to contribute to the conversation whether you agree or not. Instead of trolling trying to spark arguments with "us people" with no ammo go do yourself a favor do some research. I'm not going to continue this with you further unless you want help to understand this better but apparently you've made up your mind and show no interest. I pity you.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

If the wich path info is known, it is impossible for the particle to go through both slits, cause you know it went through one of them.

If you don't know, the particle apperently takes all possible routes, through both slits, interferes with itself and creates interference.

You can say that when we don't look, every possible outcome happens. A wave of pure potential.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Heh, so knowledge is not power afterall. The fact of seeing this, is left brain, so how would I undo the effect and restore natural order in the mind?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
SO in this thread I've seen some interesting arguments for and against human consciousness being the observer effect. To my mind though neither argument really holds water quite yet, however I think there is a way to lay this debate to rest entirely!

What I propose is a rerun of the double slit experiment with one significant change. That change would be to use a robot or computer with synthetic vision to "observe" the experiment. Now we have one more reason to work towards real synthetic vision in machines, which isn't quite ready for prime time yet. This would allow us to see if a non human observer still triggers the collapse of the interference pattern or not.

Short of hotwiring some poor squirrel into a device that forces it to watch the experiment I think this would give us our best result. Although in that same vein we could also rerun the double slit experiment with apes to see whether they collapse the interference pattern or not.

Honestly though I'd like to see experiments like the ones I've detailed or experiments of a similar nature done to try and quantify what exactly an observer is by seeing what it isn't. I think science could benefit heavily from this clarification of a phenomena that is quite frankly used to insert all sorts of unproven and highly speculative "stuff" under the quantum physics umbrella.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

What I propose is a rerun of the double slit experiment with one significant change. That change would be to use a robot or computer with synthetic vision to "observe" the experiment.

It wouldn't matter because a human would still have to check what the robot saw. otherwise we still wouldn't know a thing.

reply to post by RisenAngel77

Not sure what you mean, it is not really applicable to our brain in that sense, as far as I can see now.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
,,,about the interference.. just to add this on the consciousness as a machine > as a place-ground of interference toward the masse -conscious-part recipient -
first ..in this quote from here >> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by nii900

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

not I, I NEVER said that, reread the post and the one i am referring to
I KNOW civilization is FAR OLDER then what mainstream science says, hell the sphinx is at LEAST 10,000 years old, look at its water erision, last time Egypt was a savannah was over 10,000 years ago, BEFORE the last ice age
edit on 4/25/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

we are in some time-loops of a short-periods of changes where the buildings just appear or disappear according to the main scenario of the particular time-loop ..very difficult to actually say the time-period the monuments were build if ever in its appearing physically greatness anyway as such...
so...are they could they be printed from a machete sort of 3d holography or...

,,,,,They were not anchored to physical matter, and hence were very mobile. The young humanity here lived in close contact with the Shining Ones, who still dominated the evolutionary field, and the Form-Angels and the Desire-Angels-- Rupa-Devas and Kama-Devas-- strongly, but for the most part unintentionally, influenced human evolution. Passion showed itself in many who now had emotional bodies on globe D, and its germs were visible in animals. Differences were noticeable in the capacity to respond to vibrations sent out, consciously and unconsciously, by the Shining One, but changes were very gradual and progress was slow. Later, when the intuitional consciousness unfolded, there was communication between this Scheme and the Scheme of which Venus is now the physical globe; that Scheme is a Chain ahead of ours, and some came to our second Chain from there; but whether they belonged to the Venus humanity, or were members of the “Staff,” we could not tell.

38. Great surging clouds of matter, splendid in colour, were a noticeable feature on globe D in the first Round; they became in the following Round denser, more brilliantly coloured, more responsive to vibrations which shaped them into forms, whether vegetable or animal it is hard to say. Much of the work was on the higher levels, a vitalising of subtle matter for future use, showing but little effect on the lower forms. Just as now elemental essence is used to build emotional and mental bodies, so then the Form- and Desire-Angels were seeking to differentiate themselves more fully by using these clouds of matter and living in them. They came down, sub-plane by sub-plane, into denser matter, but were not in this using the human kingdom. Even at the present time a Deva, or Angel, may ensoul a whole country-side, and such action was very general then; the emotional and lower mental matter formed the bodies of these Angels, changing, intermingling; and incidentally permanent atoms of vegetables, minerals, and even animals, rooting themselves in such Angel-bodies, grew and evolved. The Angels seemed to take no particular interest in them, any more than we interest ourselves in the evolution of microbes within ourselves; now and then, however, some interest was shown in an animal, and its capacity to respond increased rapidly under such conditions.

39. Studying vegetable consciousness in the second Chain-- in which we, who now are human, were living in the vegetable world-- we find a dim awareness of forces playing on it, and a certain sense of compulsion towards growth.

...Text
www.anandgholap.net...
.....its hard to say what is the time we appear to live in on and/or by.. ny ...by the conventional measuring of it anyway
edit on 25-4-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

see this ...as from the background..for it.

39. Studying vegetable consciousness in the second Chain-- in which we, who now are human, were living in the vegetable world-- we find a dim awareness of forces playing on it, and a certain sense of compulsion towards growth.

......now.. " Who worshiped the tree?" - Tsarion quote from here michaeltsarion.com...
www.youtube.com...
(around 0.20.25)

in my translation ..it looks to me (if you had listen to the whole story from the beginning in the redice- tsarion's video)... that ,
...it was humans who were the ones worshiped as the tree as the god of ..by the consciousness ,,as symbolically presented as humans...
..humans..as a tree // in their growing conscious ...by then their the man-god's consciousness of the field -- and that consciousness becoming bigger got later mixed so..interfered 'naturally? as turned on its head in the same field and got presented later on as 'astral'god(higher-consciousness) worshiping humans

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I am trying to relate this to the law of attraction. Where one attracts what they need through the universe. Manifestation etc.

Human thought can be like magnets and attract things in their life.

For instance.
"I want a bike". A bike can be like an electron. So, how would I attract the bike, and allow the universe to manifest it for me?

Observing the bike, holding on to the information or letting the information, and the idea of the bike go?

You mentioned, "to know this would destroy all probability". Which I understood as "The less knowledge you know, the better"

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join