It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Experiments, Proof that Human Consciousness influences Particles

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nii900
if we could put human consciousness in that category of the machine too then the astral world or a shadow of a-live one is where the interference is build trough its human pattern in it by the very nature of a pattern - a human form?

Exactly.
Are you reading my mind?

btw. I really like this picture so often shown on the net ..does anyone know the actual author of it?

I don't know...I've never seen it until today...but I really dig it!
A picture is worth a thousand words...or a thousand thoughts?!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Is it the case with the whole of Quantum Physics, that because we don't fully understand it and it has some peculiar noted properties. Thus anything in science we can't explain with rational thought or experimental presidence. It therefore concludes it must be Quantum Physics or Quantum something?

A bit like Area 51 and the whole UFO thing. Any bits we can't understand about UFO's, we incite Area 51 must have some involvement to help us rationalise and compartmentalise our own understanding of the subject.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

They erase the which path data, the interference pattern returns because the information is gone. Does the pattern return because a human CAN NOT view the data or DOES NOT view the data? In other words, if the experiment runs unattended does the pattern show up? Or is that a moot point because if it is unattended there is no-one to see the pattern either....

Good question not sure but logic dictates it is a moot point for the exact reason you gave.

And the effect would be the same whether the information is recorded in some way rather than watched live, because someone would observe the data at a later point in time.

Which leads me to think - is the effect the same if no-one ever looks at the recording? Methinks the pattern is there in the recording WITH the whichpath data until the recording and whichpath data are observed. Then the recording of the pattern would disappear before it was looked at.

What did Einstein say? "God does not play dice?"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

No, the setup is such that when the experimenter looks at the detectors that are associated with the wich path info being unknown afterwards, the pattern on the screen is an interference pattern if the screen is also checked afterwards, even though at the time the particles hit the screen the wich path info was available, wich should have caused a non interference pattern.

Yes, but that still has nothing do to with the pattern changing after it is measured. I am simply saying that the which-path data can't magically change after it has been measured.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The wich path data doesn't change magically, the pattern on the detector screen does, it's two different things.

I think you don't completely understand the setup.

Again, are you arguing against the experimenter's own conclusions?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The wich path data doesn't change magically, the pattern on the detector screen does, it's two different things.

Sorry, that's what I meant to say. The pattern data cannot change after it has been measured. The information can't magically change like that in real time. You are the one misinterpreting the experiment.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What do you expect from someone who joined a mere month ago and who has 700 posts by now. A quality contribution ?

In regards to the "Doppelspalt Experiment Debunked long ago" I would really like to have a link to the peer reviewed paper, because that's the first time I hear of it.

There's been this thread a couple weeks ago in which someone assumed the real explanation for the weird results of this experiment is, that we are living in a simulation. Therefore, in order to limit the amount of processing power used at any given moment of time, individual particles are only fully "rendered" when someone is observing the item.

For example: A table is not rendered by always calculating every single atom in it but by treating the whole table as one single object with a couple surfaces. Until someone starts looking at it with a microscope.

Of course this theory can be neither proven, nor disproved, because in order to do so you have to observe the object in question. Kind of ironic.

edit on 25-4-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: spilleng

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Whatever you say hun.

The delayed choice quantum eraser, allows the decision whether to measure or destroy the "which path" information to be delayed until after the entangled particle partner (the one going through the slits) has either interfered with itself or not. Doing so appears to have the bizarre effect of causing the outcome of an event after the event has already occurred. In other words, something that happens at time t apparently reaches back to some time t - 1 and acts as a determining causal factor at that earlier time.

The result is totally contriary to what is expected judging from the earlier results. The pattern data doesn't change in real time, it is just not what it should be compared to the normal result with the setting at the time the particles hit the screen.
edit on 25-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

I absolutely agree. you can think of it as a computer game, the computer only renders the part of the game the character is looking at, although the whole game is on the disc completely.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

What do you expect from someone who joined a mere month ago and who has 700 posts by now. A quality contribution ?

In regards to the "Doppelspalt Experiment Debunked long ago" I would really like to have a link to the peer reviewed paper, because that's the first time I hear of it.

There's been this thread a couple weeks ago in which someone assumed the real explanation for the weird results of this experiment is, that we are living in a simulation. Therefore, in order to limit the amount of processing power used at any given moment of time, individual particles are only fully "rendered" when someone is observing the item.

For example: A table is not rendered by always calculating every single atom in it but by treating the whole table as one single object with a couple surfaces. Until someone starts looking at it with a microscope.

Of course this theory can be neither proven, nor disproved, because in order to do so you have to observe the object in question. Kind of ironic.

edit on 25-4-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: spilleng

That explanation reminds me of "frustum culling" which is used in 3D. When vertices that are not in the frustum or vision of view they do not get calculated thus they don't make it into a render batch which increases computing speed tremendously. Would be kinda cool if the universe does it's own version of frustum culling.
edit on 25-4-2012 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is one of the most interesting thread I have read in a while...I am still working my way through all the videos and discussions. I would like to interject a thought, or idea.

Since particles fired at the slits are, or can, exhibit both the evidence of a particle and of a wave, is it plausible that we are actually seeing, not only the particles, but also dark matter? Could the particles be interacting with dark matter, and creating disturbances in dark matter, which may exhibit wave behavior, as they pass through the slits? I am not physicist, so please don't flame me for my half baked thoughts.

This probably does not explain the "observer effect" one way or the other, or does it?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Doing so appears to have the bizarre effect of causing the outcome of an event after the event has already occurred.

You are completely misinterpreting what that means. It does not mean the pattern data changes in real time AFTER it has been measured. In means that erasing the which-path data has the bizarre effect of changing something which has already happened. It does not imply the pattern changes in REAL TIME... it states that the effect seems to jump back in time change (change is a bad word actually, determines would be better) something which has ALREADY HAPPENED. Therefore a future action has determined something which happened in the past. It does not state that when you delete the data you can watch magic happen in front of your eyes.
edit on 25-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

They are firing single particles wich cannot be a wave. The only conclusion is that the single particle takes every path possible, through both slits, interferes with itself and creates a wave/interference pattern.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifuge
Is it the case with the whole of Quantum Physics, that because we don't fully understand it and it has some peculiar noted properties. Thus anything in science we can't explain with rational thought or experimental presidence. It therefore concludes it must be Quantum Physics or Quantum something?

Of human consciousness in this case.

Rampant is the misuse of mystery by those with a New Age agenda when infilling the unknown with mythical beliefs (such as human consciousness in the case of the OP). I admit I have my own issues.

I think the double Slit experiment doesn't have a thing to do with human consciousness intervention.

It's dog turds. Yes, dog turds; somehow when a dog takes a crap it affects the material passing thru the double slit. I know I can't prove this by BY GOD it IS true BY GOD and no one is talking me out of it.

Doesn't it resonate with you?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Everything, at its most basic component, is comprised of energy. Since we are energy (including our consciousness) and so are particles, theoretically, we could influence them (i.e. energy can influence other energy). I took a human consciousness class at the University I attend this year, and our prof said this:

When you think about matter (that which everything is made of), broken down into its elementary components, it is energy. And the funny thing about energy is that it is discreet in nature (i.e. exhibits no physical presence). So does that mean everything is made up of nothing?

If that is the case, and everything is simply energy, I do not see why it is not theoretically possible to influence other energy with our energy. Sure seems possible from a logical standpoint.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Check my above post, I never said that, it's just you misinterpreting, Miss Interpreting.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Firing a single particle through what? It has to pass through something to get to the slits.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I never said that

Wow, come on. I've been saying this whole time that the pattern doesn't change in real time when the which-path data is deleted, and you keep coming back trying to argue against me. So you may not have directly said it, but you may as well have. Why didn't you just stop me and explain that I was misinterpreting your words rather than try to argue with me.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Through the air, or through a vacuum, I don't know how that part of the setup works, it doesn't really matter, what matters is what happens at and after the slits.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join