It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are online forums like this slowing down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Seems like in the past this site would constantly be updated with new topics and there was alot more action going on especially during the day. The new topic firehose now seems to be a new topic drip drip drip. Have people just gotten lives and I haven't? or are places like Reddit changing the way we communicate and this old forum structure is going the way of the Model T?

I've noticed this on alot of different forums actually not just this one.

If this is all in my imagination please disregard.

edit on 24-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes.

I noticed too. I can't know why. Is there a holiday coming up? maybe they are all out shopping. Maybe the site is getting too big.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not sure about actual page views- those might be just fine and steady.

But I have noticed less posts. It's highly possible with new spring, people have been cooped up all fall/winter and are enjoying being outdoors for a bit. Summer usually gets pretty crazy again.

However, site statistics seem to contradict our observations:

7,230 new posts in the past 24 hours
47,172 new posts in the past 7 days
217,164 new posts in the past 30 days
230 new topics in the past 24 hours
1,474 new topics in the past 7 days
6,386 new topics in the past 30 days

Looks pretty good, IMO. Even higher than a year ago.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Not sure about actual page views- those might be just fine and steady.

But I have noticed less posts. It's highly possible with new spring, people have been cooped up all fall/winter and are enjoying being outdoors for a bit. Summer usually gets pretty crazy again.

However, site statistics seem to contradict our observations:

7,230 new posts in the past 24 hours
47,172 new posts in the past 7 days
217,164 new posts in the past 30 days
230 new topics in the past 24 hours
1,474 new topics in the past 7 days
6,386 new topics in the past 30 days

Looks pretty good, IMO. Even higher than a year ago.

Hmm very interesting thanks. Guess it is my imagination. Thank you again.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes...

Unfortunately I believe ATS went downhill right after that '5th of November' thing when they switched the format of the site (I think it changed a couple of times). It just seems like it went mainstream after that.... which isn't necessarily a bad thing... but the quality of the subject matter is defintely not the same. I wish they would bring back that thing where they made new members right essays that had to be reviewed before they could join.

There are just too many irrelevant posts now. Even if someone does start a decent thread it just gets cluttered with posts along the lines of.... "Starred and Flagged. Second line" or "It's great that you've brought this to my attention." or "I started a thread like this a week ago, but so-and-so Mod removed it" etc. I hate, hate, HATE the stars and flags thing.

Maybe I just miss the old ATS and my opinions are biased. I have a feeling that things will pick-up again though.

new topics

top topics

join