It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predestination and Demensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The question has always been on my mind about Predestination. We were created/born to go a certain route and lead to one destination that we were meant to all our lives. This can be looked at as specific to every individual, and more open to the human race as one. When you view it as the latter, take Creationism by God for this example.

God is said to be omniscient. This means He is "All Knowing." He is said to have known everything from the beginning of time to the end of time, including how WE will end. Which means, God has had a predestined ending for us since the beginning that He has always known about. Nowhere in the bible does it say He has changed the ending, He has always known ONE way we will go.

Now, you will easily find in the bible where God has given every human being in the human race Free Will. Obviously, this means we have the choice to make any decision we want, God cannot control what decisions we make. We have the choice to live our life according to Gods 'Plan," or we can have the choice to get dads gun out the closet and blow our brains out within the next 2 minutes or so. Either way, God did not make the choice, WE made the choice. So, how can God have one predestined ending for us when we get to choose our ending?

Recently, I came across something that mentioned that We make choices everyday, and we have consequences based off of those certain choices. But what if we had made a different choice, there would certainly be a different consequence. Somebody mentioned that every choice we make, will play out with a certain consequence the way we see it, and the opposite choice will play out with a certain consequence in a parallel universe, or another dimension. Now I know this sounds a bit off the wall, but if you personally believe that God has created all things, and that He DOES have a predestined ending for us all, than how can we have free will?

Easy, as long as all the choices and decisions we make play out at the same time, then there will always be one known certain consequence for each one. And certainly God will know the consequence of each one, and therefore will have a determined destiny for each one of us that is CERTAIN to play out exactly as He has planned since the beginning.

-----------------------------------The Point------------------------------------------
So if God is all knowing, He has a predestiny for all of us..
If we have free will, we can choose not to follow that destiny..
So this would be a bit of a problem, unless God knows the consequence of all our choices.
So does God wait to see which choice we make, and then change our destiny? No.. Because God knew our destiny from the beginning.
So does this mean God knew which choice we were gonna make? No. Because that would contradict our God-given Free Will.

We must make one single choice, for their to be a known destiny based off of it, if we choose which choice we make, then our parallel selves will make a different choice. Therefore, we will still have our free will, but God will still know our destiny before it happens.

Me, I, and Am, each have our own destiny.
edit on 24-4-2012 by FenderWolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by FenderWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Free will is an illusion.

From our perspective, we have free will because we're free to make any choices we decide and go any path we wish,

From Gods perspective, it's all planned out and predetermined, and we are forced to adhere to His plan.

It's all about perspective,

and illusion,

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thank you
That does sound right, This is just the product of me thinking to much I guess

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think we all sat down with God and chose our destiny's. I would say that's freewill enough wouldn't you? Can't say for sure if it went down like this but who can say what.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by joecool9887

People might why would I choose to be in jail all my life all I can say is maybe we live more then one life some good some bad but all lessons in God's eyes.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Free will is an illusion.

From our perspective, we have free will because we're free to make any choices we decide and go any path we wish,

From Gods perspective, it's all planned out and predetermined, and we are forced to adhere to His plan.

It's all about perspective,

and illusion,

I do not know yeet that free will is an illussion. It depends on how much control God has choosen to use over us. I can think of synchronicity as a proof for free will is an illusion. But it can also be that synchronicity is god "tapping a person on the shoulder" to take notice and that god is making sure you are safe/on track.

Maybe free will was before I was born. Me and god said that will be my next life and now it might be all predestined until I die. It does not matter either way if I have free will or not. I have had things I knew about the future when I was young, but they where very personal and not helpfull at all except to understand mylife after an important experiance.

I have no clue what is going to happen here on earth. I do know another personal thing but that can be in my next life or sometime very very far in the future.

I am sorry if my post is very me but I cannot talk about anybody elses experiance than mine since I have no clue what other people are experiancing.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by joecool9887
reply to post by joecool9887

People might why would I choose to be in jail all my life all I can say is maybe we live more then one life some good some bad but all lessons in God's eyes.

We all change from one moment to the next. Some of us is in jail in our minds even when we are free. But being looked up and not having total control can be overwhelming and make you think about things. I cannot judge if your road is better then mine or the reverse. You might have come longer than me but I belive that in the end we will all have to wait for everybody to go further. In the end we will all be like one.
edit on 24-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Why do you think history has a tendency to repeat itself?

God allows us free will to make our own choices, but when we make poor choices, he has a tendency to put those challenges in front of us again to try and correct them.

Surely I'm not the only one who's had the exact same scenario/challenge brought back to me more than once.

It's not until we try to align our will with God's will that it stops repeating itself.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
we have free will which in turn forges our destiny.
but that free will is dangerous because others dont want you to be better than themselves

so, governments are there to reign in your free will,
and your movement across this god given planet.
(try building a boat and going to another country for visit - happened for milenia before today)

and religion is there to stop you from your real destiny
by teaching you to fear seeking your own future,
laying out the torment of hell before you if you dont follow them
(or give them their %age of your labour - tithing)

Even Jesus wont get to by pass the TSA scans

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

Predestination from God’s point of view is found in the fact that all things were created by God including people and that from the foundation of the world Christ was predestined to be slain. So positionaly we were slain with Christ because we were in Christ at that time. Because of free will we can chose to either enter into that position by faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross or we can reject that position. This is how and why it says that God desires that non be lost but that all would come into the position of salvation through Christ Jesus.

new topics

top topics

join