It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Admits He Busted Mexicans to "Spite" Critics in 2009 Recording.(April 23,2012)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I work and live in Mesa. I will continue to vote for people like Sheriff Joe. Why? Because he is protecting my interest. Yeah, he might be a bad dude, but it hasn't affected me. Maybe because I'm a white male, with a good job.

Looks like we will offset each other. Nice...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Why put this on the cops? We should take this problem straight back to the American business owners who caused it.

I worked in one factory for over a decade when this immigrant explosion really went down. In Phoenix it may not have been as noticeable but here in the Great Lakes region, in the manufacturing sector, it looked like someone had opened a sluice gate.

I speak spanish. I worked side by side with these guys and they told me that someone in my city was advertising for workers in Mexico. They came to my city specifically because they had been invited by business interests. Did the wages at my factory go down? Of course they did. It really is that simple.

Make all businesses check IDs against a national database. Make them report all false identities. Make them pay so much it's an actual punishment if they don't.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvius

And that is the real root of the US's 'problem' with illegal immigration. Businesses DEPEND on cheap, easily-replaced immigrant labor. Which is why no one, Republican or Democrat, has done anything substantial to stop it, and never will until Americans are willing to work for immigrant wages again.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvius
Why put this on the cops? We should take this problem straight back to the American business owners who caused it.

I worked in one factory for over a decade when this immigrant explosion really went down. In Phoenix it may not have been as noticeable but here in the Great Lakes region, in the manufacturing sector, it looked like someone had opened a sluice gate.

I speak spanish. I worked side by side with these guys and they told me that someone in my city was advertising for workers in Mexico. They came to my city specifically because they had been invited by business interests. Did the wages at my factory go down? Of course they did. It really is that simple.

Make all businesses check IDs against a national database. Make them report all false identities. Make them pay so much it's an actual punishment if they don't.

They did start doing that in Phx. a few years back. They even had undercover's parked near the places where the illegals would congregate so they could fine the people who picked them up for day labor/ cash under the table purposes.

That solved the problem there, but the illegals got wise and just went to other cities or states where they didn't do that. I like Mexicans. I really do. They're hard working honest people. It's the wetbacks I can do without. Ask any Mexican who has been here legally for a generation or 2 and they'll tell you the same thing. They have no respect for the ones who come here illegally taking jobs for half the pay. They just don't take jobs from one ethnic group, they take them from everyone. Even their fellow Mexicans.

But you're right. You have to start at the source and make it a financial burden for business owners to hire illegals. I remember one story in particular about a business, a pretty large one in fact, in Phoenix that was raided after a months long, almost a year, investigation concerning a lot of different things centered around illegals. Hiring people to bring them here, hiring them, making fake I.D.'s, selling fake I.D's, a drug ring centered around the coyotes and there were a few more I don't remember anymore. Sheriff Joe was behind it of course and I remember 2 things in particular about this.

One was that everyone involved in this case on the law enforcement side had their I's dotted and their T's crossed. They went by the book, took their time and arrested EVERYone involved. Business owners, the I.D. ring people, the workers.....they even got a couple of coyotes out of the deal.

The second is that all of Joe's detractors heard about this, and after a couple of days of looking into everything came to the conclusion that it was done simply to target illegals who were trying to better their lives. After all those arrests of all those different people for all those reasons, that's all they had. Nothing but personal slander.

There's a weekly publication down there called "The New Times" who is ALWAYS on Joe's a**, but even they had to admit that there was no wrongdoing on Joe's part. That time.

There are no easy answers to this and, for the most part, I think the Sheriff's time has come. He does more harm than good at this point and, like him or not, he did form a template of sorts that the next Sheriff should expand upon. For all the dirty s**t that Joe did, you have to give credit where credit is due. And his credit goes to the fact that he's never backed down from the Feds. Not once in 20 years.

Even Brewer respects that about the man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join