It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Admits He Busted Mexicans to "Spite" Critics in 2009 Recording.(April 23,2012)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hi.

So many people just adore Sheriff Joe Arpaio. I have decided to devote some of my free time in spreading the truth about this man.

Simply put he is an evil person.

I don't say that about many people but Joe deserves his place on the list.

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

After critics including local politicians and officials with the U.S. Justice Department "went after me, we arrested 500 more just for spite," said Arpaio. A couple of days ago, he clarified for the Associated Press that he only regretted not mentioning that he had busted "thousands," and not just 500.

As we noted last week, one of Arpaio's top men, Deputy Chief Frank Munnell, and Arpaio's longtime spokeswoman, Lisa Allen, seem to agree in a secretly made recording that the immigrant round-ups are done for publicity.

In the recording from Texas, Arpaio can also be heard linking his office's budget battles with the County Board of Supervisors to the bogus corruption charges with which he saddled the Board members.

As far as the bogus corruption charges it is also an ongoing story. Most recently former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas was disbarred in Arizona.

The state Supreme Court's Disciplinary Panel, in disbarring Thomas and his acolyte, Lisa Aubuchon, wrote that Thomas and Arpaio appeared to have an "unholy collaboration" as they illegally targeted enemies with false charges.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

We're going to make you pay Joe you big bully.

edit on 24-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Nothing shocking here to me. I've never liked him and never will. He can't tell the difference between a legal citizen and an illegal immigrant so he just rounds up anyone brown. He doesn't do it to uphold the law either, he does it for shts and giggles.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lovebringer

Exactly I have lived in Phoenix most of my life and this guy is just plain bad. I shocks me that he has the support he does.

My brother-in-law worked for MCSO and was in an article by NewTimes regarding sex crimes that weren't investigated because Joe had all the resources tied up with crime sweeps and his bogus law suits.

There is much more to come on this guy......stay tuned.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Letter to Joe Arpaio:

I have to admit, in the beginning you had me fooled. I moved down there at about the time you got elected for the first time. Thought you were doing a good job. Really looking out for the people and all.

Turned out that you were looking out for yourself all along while the people were using you for what they wanted.. It started becoming more apparent later in the years when it became pretty obvious, to me at least, that you were a publicity hound and they just wanted what you could give them. A false sense of security.

Somewhere down the line, at about the time of the big Frisco earthquake when people started coming to Phoenix from California by the busload, things got out of hand for you didn't they? The population exploded. Crime increased like you wouldn't believe. I don't need stats written on paper to prove it. I lived through it. When you go from hearing maybe 1 or 2 gunshots at night per week to 2 or 3 per night, you do the math.

All of a sudden we went from being a big town with a small town feel to a big town with a big town feel. It didn't feel too good anymore and that's when it started becoming obvious that you were out of your league. You started doing and saying things that were seemingly out of character. I say seemingly because in hindsight you were hiding the "real Joe" from us all along.

The jig is up Joe. Everyone knows you're out. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go do something you're good at. Whatever it is. Go write your memoir or something. You tried your hand at something for a long time and it didn't work out. It takes a real man to face that truth and do something about it. Just do us all a favor will ya? Next job you get, make sure you work for someone who you actually have something in common with. You might want to look to your past to find the answer to that. Go back to when things in your life were simpler. ( No, not the CIA or whoever that was.....BEFORE that) Easier to understand. When your employers actually liked you for who you were. Before you decided to go to the big city to be a man. Before you realized that you don't have to lose the boy to become a man. You can have both.

Your soon to be former employer, the people of Phoenix, don't like you very much so they wont give you a good reference. Don't know why you would want another employer like that anyway. They always questioned your motives and never took you seriously. Think about it.

Sincerely,

Your number 1 fan

P.S. Get a descent haircut.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer
Nothing shocking here to me. I've never liked him and never will. He can't tell the difference between a legal citizen and an illegal immigrant so he just rounds up anyone brown. He doesn't do it to uphold the law either, he does it for shts and giggles.

I don't like the guy either, but tell me something. You have a group of 10 Mexicans, 5 are legal, 5 are not, they're all speaking Spanish and they're all dressed the same. How are you going to pick the 5 illegals out of crowd?

You gonna ask 'em?

No, you're going to take them all in and find out that way.

I like what Joe did, I don't like the reasons why he did what he did. There's a difference.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Well written I couldn't agree more.

Some of the things he did were good and still are good for AZ. Tent City for example is pure genius. Not a very nice place........so I'm told.

Do you think he'll be reelected?

I know once he talked about running for governor I was ready to pack my bags.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Ask them for their identification. If they don't have ID, they're illegal. If they claim otherwise, give them a chance to prove it.

And watch out for forgeries.

Other than that, the man is a bully and is no better than the people he goes after. He goes after people who have dissenting opinions than him.

He is not doing his job, he is over reaching it.

He needs a smack down.

It seems that bullies and control freaks are drawn to positions of authority so they can bully people into submission by using the law.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Do you think he'll be reelected?

I know once he talked about running for governor I was ready to pack my bags.

I hope not.

Not meaning to make light of the situation but I really have had enough of his shenanigans and I don't even live down there anymore. It's gotten to the point where I kind of make fun of THAT end of the situation because it helps me somehow take the current one more seriously. And that's getting the man to move on with himself.

Governor? After all the bad press that man has gotten through the years, I just don't see that happening. Whatever he does, he needs to keep a low profile.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

precisely. I seriously doubt he even bothers to look at Identification even when people state that they have ID on them. He's the type who follows the motto, shoot em and let god sort em out. How many civil lawsuits does this guy happen to have on him? More than a few I can bet.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

And watch out for forgeries.

He is not doing his job, he is over reaching it.

He needs a smack down.

( This doesn't have anything to do with my last post)

Dude, it got to the point a long time ago where there were more forged I.D's than real one ones. A LONG time ago. Check their status on the streets? Are you kidding me?

That's why they .........take.........them...........in. Dredge out the fingerprint files. Works every time. When did it become a crime to punish one? Tell me.

Remember, Joe aint out there on the streets doing the dirty work. You know how he bends the rules? So do the foot soldiers out there because they HAVE to because of all the political BS that Joe has been throwing around all these years feeding his ego. And that fat a** STILL aint full.

I agree though. He overreaches and he needs a smack-down. He also needs to leave and not come back. His is a young mans game and he knows it. He's 71. He needs to start acting his age.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I don't like the guy either, but tell me something. You have a group of 10 Mexicans, 5 are legal, 5 are not, they're all speaking Spanish and they're all dressed the same. How are you going to pick the 5 illegals out of crowd?

You gonna ask 'em?

No, you're going to take them all in and find out that way.

I like what Joe did, I don't like the reasons why he did what he did. There's a difference.

So you are saying you don't mind the civil rights of the five legal guys being violated if it nets 5 illegals?

You DO recognize the dissonance that creates with our ENTIRE notion of rights, yes?

Because I don't mean to dismiss the problem of illegals needs to be addressed in some fashion. I just question if surrendering our own civil rights is the right approach.

I have a serious problem with the idea a cop has the 'right' to demand ID from me if i am in violation of no law. Thats a big step.
edit on 24-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So here's how it breaks down

People hate Joe for doing his job

Those same people love Holder and Obama for not doing theirs.

I see how this works.
edit on 24-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
So here's how it breaks down

People hate Joe for doing his job

Those same people love Holder and Obama for not doing theirs.

Wow, really? I had not realized this broke down so conveniently into black and white.

So EVERYONE who 'hates' the way this guy does his job are all left-wing Obama apologists?

I do declare, it must be easy to see the world in such a fashion.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I find it funny that so many people that claim to defend the Constitution and value personal rights are so willing to defend Arpaio. He has detained and arrested US citizens based on such things as ancestral descent and spite, throwing their rights out the window. He has also been found guilty of running prisons whose conditions violate the Constitution. Mind you the worst of these offenses were found in facilities that held people awaiting trial. In other words he was pretty much torturing innocent US citizens. Arpaio is no patriot and he is no hero. He is simply a sad man whose been on a power trip for the past 20 years and has no regard for the law or the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

1) So you are saying you don't mind the civil rights of the five legal guys being violated if it nets 5 illegals?

2) You DO recognize the dissonance that creates with our ENTIRE notion of rights, yes?

3) Because I don't mean to dismiss the problem of illegals needs to be addressed in some fashion. I just question if surrendering our own civil rights is the right approach.

4) I have a serious problem with the idea a cop has the 'right' to demand ID from me if i am in violation of no law. Thats a big step.
edit on 24-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

1) That's exactly what I'm saying.

2) No I don't. Our ENTIRE notion of rights doesn't hinge on illegal immigrants simply because when the ENTIRE bill of rights was drafted America didn't have this problem. The problem now lies in the fact that people in Washington, whom we all know are distanced form the reality of what REALLY goes on, are the ones who update the bill of rights with their own interpretation of what our rights should be based on the founding fathers' notions. Our leaders are expounding on something that has no relevance to our modern society, therefore what they're amending has no relevance either.

3) Then quit questioning it so much because you really are making a mountain out of a molehill I think. Don't you think it's a bit odd that before we had this problem of Mexicans coming to this country illegally we weren't questioning our civil rights being violated every time we turned around? I also think it's EXTREMELY odd that the ones standing up for the civil rights of blacks in the 60's were, for the most part, blacks. And they were here legally. Albeit against their will, but that's a different kettle of fish. The point being....where were people like you then?

4) I don't because the cold hard fact of the matter is that most cops in big cities have a lot more pressing issues to face than asking you for your ID out of the blue. And in small towns? They either know you or know OF you, so the need isn't there either. Jumping to conclusions about how the cops have all this free time on their hands to do something as petty as asking for ID out of the blue derails the whole issue I think.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by stanguilles7

1) So you are saying you don't mind the civil rights of the five legal guys being violated if it nets 5 illegals?

2) You DO recognize the dissonance that creates with our ENTIRE notion of rights, yes?

1) That's exactly what I'm saying.

Wow. Then might I suggest you read some of the thing the founding fathers actually wrote on the matter? Because your views are, to be frank, un-American.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just to clarify... Are we saying that having to show an ID to a police officer is a violation of our civil rights? Or is there more to it? When I rent a DVD are my civil rights violated for having to show an ID? Or is it just when a cop asks for it?
edit on 25-4-2012 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Arpaio and the MCSO did more then just ask for ID. They detained and arrested US citizens for simply being of Hispanic descent.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Just to clarify... Are we saying that having to show an ID to a police officer is a violation of our civil rights? Or is there more to it? When I rent a DVD are my civil rights violated for having to show an ID? Or is it just when a cop asks for it?
edit on 25-4-2012 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

When you go into a private business to rent a DVD, your civil rights are not at play and it is your CHOICE to engage in the business transaction.

A police officer does not have a right to come up to you in a public space where you are breaking now laws and demand ID from you. Well, at least not according to the Constitution. That is secured by the 4th Amendment of the US Constitution. It is your right to refuse to even engage with said officer.

You should read about it some time:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There is nothing in the Constitution that requires Americans to even have ID, let alone give police the authority to demand that we show them our papers.

Even at that police still need probable cause to be able to demand ID.

The big problem is many police twist probable cause into anything they want it to be.

Such as having tinted windows gives them probable cause to search your car.

To me, that is a load of junk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join