It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Encounter with a Shadow Person Last Night

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I am surprised this thread hasn't gained more momentum so far, but then again these shadow topics really aren't the most popular topic around these parts, as most posters simply refuse to even consider the possibility these things may exist in reality.

I couldn't really think of many questions over the last day or so, but I have one that should hopefully get some discussion going on here.

You said that the shadow entity had a difficult shape to determine, could you elaborate about the visual appearance of the entity a little bit more in detail?

Like how tall was it approximately?
Did it have shoulders and arms, or was it too smokey to distinguish?
Legs?
Did you make out it's eyes? Shape/color?

Some basic details like that would be greatly appreciated although I don't really suspect you know the answers to all of them with much certainty (considering this all happened in a dark room at night).

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

You said that the shadow entity had a difficult shape to determine, could you elaborate about the visual appearance of the entity a little bit more in detail?

Like how tall was it approximately?
Did it have shoulders and arms, or was it too smokey to distinguish?
Legs?
Did you make out it's eyes? Shape/color?

Some basic details like that would be greatly appreciated although I don't really suspect you know the answers to all of them with much certainty (considering this all happened in a dark room at night).

The detail of the "Shadow person" was about 5 to 6 foot tall. I could make out a very dark silhouette of what I believe was a male figure, it had no eyes that I could see, but it was facing me because I could feel the stare, while it stood at the foot of my bed. It did have shoulders and what appeared to be arms close to its side.

The edges of this being, meaning the outer area was smokey. I did notice spark, or flashes things when I came in contact with it, not fireworks, but kind of like the static electricity sparks made, with a blanket, in the winter on dry conditions.

I could not make out any legs, it appeared to be floating. My room is actually lit-up by 6 small 10 watt nite led's since it's a large loft bedroom, so I was not completely in the dark. Good question though Muzzle and I'm glad you asked it.

I can't say whether or not this being will be back, but if it does I will update this thread. Many times people think or pass them off as nightmares, but since I am very lucid in my dreams I know the difference.

Muzzle until people actually experience it for themselves I believe this topic will be a members only club.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yeah I agree you have to see these shadow entities first hand in real life yourself, to know it's real. Anything else is assumption or speculation or personal opinion.

One more question about the physical appearance of this thing:

Did it seem to be wearing a cloak of sorts? Perhaps with a hood on over his head?
Maybe even something similar to a mask over part of his face?

Also did you make out if it had hands? And if it was wearing something similar to black leather gloves?

Just a few random questions I would be interested to hear your take on.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Yeah I agree you have to see these shadow entities first hand in real life yourself, to know it's real. Anything else is assumption or speculation or personal opinion.

One more question about the physical appearance of this thing:

Did it seem to be wearing a cloak of sorts? Perhaps with a hood on over his head?
Maybe even something similar to a mask over part of his face?

Also did you make out if it had hands? And if it was wearing something similar to black leather gloves?

Just a few random questions I would be interested to hear your take on.

Muzzle now that you mention it a hood, and cloak would be more appropriate description for the head and shoulders area.

No hands that I could see, and no distinguishable mask over the face area, just a very dark face.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Well, if what you say is true in regards to sleep paralysis then at the very least I have not yet awoke to experience it. Which from what I have read is a good thing to not have encountered. I do not grasp the concept of writing down my dreams. I remember my dreams on just about every single night. I just do not get the benefit in writing it down unless it is to somehow differentiate between dreaming and astral traveling which I have no idea how to tell the two apart, yet.

I do wake up in the middle of the night a lot, but when I do there is usually a reason for it. I can just sort of tell if I should be getting out of bed or not. Several times I have woken and walked around my house with this feeling of someone being there, where upon I look out the window and there is a truck parked in front of my house that shortly leaves or the time when there were police officers inspecting my property. I am not paranoid that they are spying on me, it just happens to be a coincidence. Usually I awake and go out to my living room where I am greeted by my sleep walking daughter. Let me tell you, that is quite a shock when in pitch black, a little figure bumps into you. Damn near gave me a heart attack the first few times this happened. Sorry, I think I have gone a bit off topic.

I can reach a state whenever I want when laying down where I can feel separate bodies, I assume them to be my physical and spiritual bodies. The one I refer to as my spiritual will vibrate very heavily when I want it to, but it never separates the way I have heard of others doing. I can also send a pulse through my body absolutely whenever I want, but I have no idea what it is and am curious if anyone else experiences the same. I have laid for 45 minutes simply vibrating and can not seem to go on to the next step. Not sure what is stopping me as I do not have any distractions of any kind, it simply just does not separate.

If you could, please explain more as to why I write down my dreams and if there is a way to tell them and an OOBE apart. Also, thank you for the feed back.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

As per your request I will certainly notify you by posting a comment within this thread as to when my story is posted.

Somewhat of a nuisance is the fact I have posted in this thread as well as two others that all deal with the same subject matter just so I gain more insight. It is becoming annoying typing the same things over and over, but honestly I just love to share these stories with anyone that is interested. I might just start writing them all up and then copy and paste them into the respected threads.

As for now, I have encountered what I believe to be "ufos", ghosts, shadow people, auras, angels, demons, and I think I might be leaving something out but I can add it in later.

I have never seen an alien, just the craft. I have only seen one clear as day ghost that I can describe anything you would want to know about him. In Basic training, I do not know really how to classify those as they were a bit of both ghosts and shadow people. The last time I saw an aura, was at a Red Lobster restaurant. As soon as I walked into the area I would be seated in, my attention was drawn to the center table where a group of elderly patrons were sitting. The woman that I know I was drawn to was the one that was staring at me, and me at her. She had a yellow, very fast oscillating aura. It was the fastest I have ever seen, and it was also the last. The whole meal she just glared at me, there was no mistaking it as I was up against a wall with nothing behind me for her to be looking at, just me. The angels and demons I saw while in the hospital, the demons had the most captivating golden eyes. Hard to explain as the gold was doing more of a swirl as opposed to being stationary like in most peoples eyes. I also saw a grim reaper, but it was nothing special as it just ran away. The majority of my experiences have been verified by other people that were present with me at the time, and I in no way attempted to trick the person into seeing something. Whenever I see something occur, I do not react until the person I am with does first and even then I always ask first what did they see before I share what I saw. If I was the only one to ever experience these things then I assure you would have checked my self into a local ward.

Thank you for your positive feed back muzzleflash. I will share as much as you would like to know, simply ask.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

You may remember the last dream you have before you wake but not all of the experiences of the night. In fact, the 'dream' you remember is usually an amalgam of a few different dreams.

By writing them down you do two things. First, and most importantly, you set out with the intent that the 'dream' state is important. Secondly deciding to write them out is a physical manifestation of your desire to know and understand what is happening. Combined these two act as a key to a doorway to the mind/spirit.

If you can reach the vibration stage at will then you are likely blocking yourself from that point. That is, unless it is mild. The vibrations can sometimes feel like you are standing behind a jet engine on afterburner and be just as loud.

For me it is usually a pulsing vibration that makes me feel like I am swaying like a pendulum or even spinning around.

It's best to try a few 'exit strategies' at this point.

You can mentally project yourself somewhere often enough from this state and don't even have to worry about exiting the body. In this example I like to go to my favorite beach spot. It's best to pick somewhere you are very familiar with and know lots of detail about. To project out you want to picture as much detail as you can and literally try and feel the surroundings...like the sand between my toes, the smell of the salty air, and the sound of the surf. Suddenly you'll be there.

Or, many people like the rope technique. After a while in the vibration stage imagine your spirit arm grasping a rope above your body. Start climbing it with your spirit body. Feel it as much as you can.

These are just tools. Find the one that fits you. In the end thinking of exiting the body can be holding you back because you are still being body-conscious.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Funny, I just discovered that you are the author to a separate thread I have subscribed to about remote viewing. Seems you will become my go to person for such things. Thank you for clarifying the purpose in writing down my dreams and I suppose I shall start tonight. It was something I have heard before but there was never a reason as to why so I did not bother with it.

As you said, "For me it is usually a pulsing vibration that makes me feel like I am swaying like a pendulum or even spinning around." That is exactly how it feels for me just about every time. As for standing behind a jet engine, I have done that before and I am certain my vibrations do not feel no way near as intense as that.

You mentioned two methods of projection I have actually never heard of before. It has always been about imagining myself hovering above my body and then I would just somehow float up. Yeah, that did not work. I am excited to finally have a different method in which to achieve this. Hopefully it will not be much longer until I reach my goal.

One more thing, I have read about people putting up some sort of shield before they project. Should I be concerned with this?
edit on 26-4-2012 by Timical because: Incorrect grammar

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

If you 'believe' you will need a shield then you should. Otherwise you won't need it.
The 'spirit wold' is unbelievably subjective. Oddly enough, it's like the cave that Luke Skywalker goes into in the movie and asks Yoda what is in there?" To which he responds "Only what you bring with you". This is absolutely true of the spirit world.

Be mindful of your beliefs because they will be projected for you in that reality.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Subjective you say? Does this mean that if I were to imagine an angel then one would appear? If so, then would it be a real entity or just my imagination? For instance I would like to meet my deceased Father. Is that possible, or is that something you recommend not attempting? Also would I be able tell the difference between something I conjure up and something that is really there? Sorry but one more, once projected does everything look the same or is my reality some how distorted?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timical

Subjective you say? In every way.

Does this mean that if I were to imagine an angel then one would appear?
There are two answers to that question. Yes, an actual Angel could appear. Most often these beings are mistaken for angels when they are simply highly evolved beings. They radiate pure super bright white light and a feeling of love and peace radiates from them and fills you. These are not always angels and often can actually be your own Higher Self. It gets pretty complicated but that is the basic answer.

If so, then would it be a real entity or just my imagination? Generally real, unless you conjure something up out of fear like a demon or some other creature. These are usually projections

For instance I would like to meet my deceased Father. Is that possible, or is that something you recommend not attempting? Absolutely

This is a great way to use this ability and I would encourage it. It would be real also.

Also would I be able tell the difference between something I conjure up and something that is really there?

Tough to answer. You will have to determine that on a case by case basis. Usually we only tend to conjure things that we have to work through or are inner fears. Most everything else seems to be real.

Sorry but one more, once projected does everything look the same or is my reality some how distorted?

This is the kicker. If we were there standing side by side even WE would see two different things. We see what our mind can interpret and often this reality is shown in a way we can understand. Mostly full of metaphor. Take metaphores for what they are. Also, depending on what 'level' you are on things will look the same as Earth and others appear indescribable. You'll see.

Sorry OP, this is only a little off topic.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i can say that using anything as an offense even love against this will just encourage it, it more likely wants to talk to u the reason it probably showed itself in shadow form is because ur scared of it so just ignoring it and letting it do w/e it wants is probably a better idea than letting the illusions of ur mind interfere with the divines, the divines r #ed up sometimes trust me i know but thats how it is, dont let paranoid thoughts get to ur head or else the "shadow" or w/e will just appear again and do w/e u fear it to do, its complicated but have faith that they cannot hurt u or possess u or w/e paranoid thoughts humans have made of this over the years when ur dreaming its just the divines way of telling u ur on ur path and these fear dreams are like a test of faith

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Howdy, just dropping in to let you know I did post my account as requested per Muzzleflash. It is in the same forum and is titled "Nighttime Shadows". I apologize in advance if this offends the original poster of this thread.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Enjoyed your story. I met a shadow person . If I may share my experience S&F

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join