It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Encounter with a Shadow Person Last Night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Last night I had what I would say was one of the most amazing experiences in a long long time. Let me explain because it has been mentioned on AST, in the past, but I have never been able to relate.

Many of the veteran ATS members know that I practice astral travel, so I am no stranger to the astral realm, but last night was something much different.

I rarely experience sleep paralysis and what I would describe as a feeling of fear, but last night while sleeping it happened like never before. What really sucked was heard something come into my house, then in my room and I was paralyzed completely.

It was around 3:30 am and I was fast asleep, but something startled me I heard noises and I knew it was not my cat because I could feel her warmth while she slept at the back of my neck. I tried to get up and I was thinking to myself “Get off your ass, move! WTF is wrong with you” and “I need to get to my Remington 870 pump, 12 gauge”, but I couldn’t move, not a muscle.

My body was completely paralyzed and it was the first time I have ever experienced sleep paralysis of this magnitude. I kept hearing noises, and getting a sense something was now in my room and watching me, at this moment I felt fear being projected, in my direction. Whatever this person or thing was I was not going to just sit still, so I immediately projected myself out, since I couldn’t move my body.

Upon projecting, I separated myself and positioned my astral body about 2 feet above my head. What I saw puzzled me at first. I saw an entity that was near the foot of my bed, but it didn’t notice me at first.

The appearance of this entity was a dark fuzzy shadow human shaped, and it was very dense and dark, but still I could still see through the outer part of it silhouette . I stared for a few moments and saw this figure was looking at my body in bed, it appeared to being projected lower emotions on me and yes I could still feel them.

Here is a photo from another ATS thread that looks very similar to what I saw.

www.abovetopsecret.com... "Shadow People"

Even though I could feel an overwhelming amount of fear, anger, and hate, I began to focus on love and moments in my life that love was abundant. At this point, I then leaped across and embraced the shadow person, or basically jumped inside it. It didn’t like this at all.

The shadow person had absolutely no idea how to handle this love energy I was projecting, but as I entered the being, or embraced it I still felt negative emotions intensely in my physical body.

As I connected with this being, I told it “I loved it” and “that everything was going to be ok”. I also told it “that whatever it had to say to me say it now”. Here is where it gets more interesting, as I projected love emotions I could feel this being changing or transmuting, but it did not want to see, feel, or even experience love, so it left.

I don’t know what happened to it after, but I can tell you it got a large dose of loving. As I snapped back into my physical shell I found myself still in a paralysis, and my cat was licking the back of my neck. It’s funny but cats do have an extra sense. I was slowly regaining my faculties, and then I got up and thought to myself wtf!, was that.

It’s 10:30 am and I am still feeling like I was in a bar room brawl. I don’t know what else to add, but I am glad I was able to share it with you all. Maybe some of you can relate. Pardon any typos, since I am still feeling a bit off.

Peace out,

RT

edit on 24-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I can't really relate because I've never experience sleep paralysis while being conscious, but I do know it's fairly common for people to see dark shadowing figures while in sleep paralysis. Are you absolutely sure you were awake and weren't dreaming up until your cat licked your neck?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
I can't really relate because I've never experience sleep paralysis while being conscious, but I do know it's fairly common for people to see dark shadowing figures while in sleep paralysis. Are you absolutely sure you were awake and weren't dreaming up until your cat licked your neck?

I can assure you I know the differences, since I have practiced OBE's and am an avid lucid dreamer, for that last 25 years. Last night was pretty interesting.

I am searching ATS now for Shadow people dreams and experiences.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
and you said you were on your 12th cone? =D nah im playin...

mate it sounds like a dream... ive see shadowy figures in my dreams but they were never bad sorta like a friend that has yet to be unlocked.

also astral traveling? not familiar with it but sounds a bit iffy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by SpearMint

I can assure you I know the differences, since I have practiced OBE's and am an avid lucid dreamer, for that last 25 years. Last night was pretty interesting.

I am searching ATS now for Shadow people dreams and experiences.

Ok, like I said I've never experienced it so I don't know how easy it is to tell, didn't mean to question your experience.

I wish I could lucid dream and have OBE's...
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I like your first thought: I need to grab my Remington pump action.

Well, this is happening more and more to experienced astral travellers. I never visited astral but I read all the infos and I have a friend who is one.
The go-embrace-the-intruder is actually the classical defensive reaction.
What did the cat do? (I am asking seriously).

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aarcadius
and you said you were on your 12th cone? =D nah im playin...

mate it sounds like a dream... ive see shadowy figures in my dreams but they were never bad sorta like a friend that has yet to be unlocked.

also astral traveling? not familiar with it but sounds a bit iffy.

I thought the same thing about people talking rubbish years ago, until I had what was called an involuntary OBE, which sent me for a loop. This was long before the internet and it took me a while to figure out what happened. You can read my first account, it's in my signature line, click on "MY OBE".

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I saw one while I was awake... It made my window unit go berserk, which caught my attention. When I looked up I saw the shadow walking from left to right. It stopped as if it knew i saw it. It turned its head and looked at me, which in turn made me freeze with fear.. I couldn’t scream, or breath. Then it looked back in the direction of travel and walked right through the wall. I couldn’t see any facial features, but could tell it was the frame of a tall man…

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

What did the cat do? (I am asking seriously).

I really wasn't going to go into it, but since you asked I will. I don't understand how cats know exactly the moment we return to our physical shells (Body), but upon awakening she immediate starting licking me, like "Hey! your back and I am going to comfort you". I have friends that project and their dogs know every time they project and return.

I really felt bad for whatever it was because it was in a world of hurt, it just picked the wrong person to try to scare, but if it comes back I will try to connect with it again.

I always try to connect and listen to whatever I encounter in lucid dreams and OBE's, the messages are very profound. Good or bad encounters always have messages to tell, and if one ignores them, they only get louder. Kind of like whining children, or adults.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Interesting experience.

I have never encountered a "Shadow Person" before, but I have had "entities" follow me back to my body, to try to enter it before me.

You gotta be careful!!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Done deal mate ill read your obe.

BUT first and please no offence intended. you say before the internet? so its safe to say you have some years under your belt? then would it also be safe to say that youve experimented with substances? be it drugs, alcohol or chemicals that arnt really ment to be near you?

what about your occupation? could it be you work a night shift job and thus don't get enough sleep? or maybe its just an incredibly stressful or heavily loaded occupation? can you rule out fatigue or delusions? what about imagination? can you rule this out? Do you have friends? or are you alone looking for attention?

PLEASE do not get angry im in no way trolling, im actually trying to cover all the ifs n buts in my head.
I am a skeptic when it comes to all of this spiritual crap... HOWEVER! there once was a man who proved his worth a million times over and he himself explained of a spiritual plane that he was able to access at will. This man was Nicola Tesla. and along with that statement he brought proof, in saying so i will always be on the hunt for Tesla's spiritual plain with a seriously thick filter on =D.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
im afraid your experience was not different from the hundreds of millions of others throughout history have seen the old hag. a shadow person? ive had the same horrifying experience complete with the evil laughing and the shadow monster yadda yadda but here is the gist of it although it might not be as fun....

It has been discovered that during sleep the brain releases a hormone into the blood stream that will paralyze the major muscle groups to prevent locomotion. In this way, the body can rest while the mind is working its way through dreams. This hormone is designed to prevent the body from hurting itself during the unconscious sleep state. Those who have had too little of the hormone introduced are subject to limb thrashing and sleepwalking as the person acts out the events of their dreams.

ok body paralyzed, check.

The medical explanation of sleep paralysis is that as a person rouses from the deeper sleep cycle, the hormone will take a few moments to wear off and release the muscles of the arms and legs, thus causing a brief period where the paralysis lingers. Generally it only takes a few seconds for this to fade, but even such a brief time can cause panic in many people. That a sense of fear or dread accompanies this sensation can be understood in that one of the major triggers for sleep paralysis is extreme stress in one's life.

so your body is still actually sleeping while your brain is slightly aware, throwing you into a half dream panic, believable?
well..just as believable as shadow people.

There have been other reports, some as recent as the early 1990's, of a person's spouse entering the room where their partner is experiencing "sleep paralysis" and seen a dark shadowy form fleeing the bed of the victim.

the truth is stranger than fiction i guess but the imagination is yet stranger.but even so its originally called old hag syndrome teehee.

www.trueghosttales.com...
roohikhan.hubpages.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
im afraid your experience was not different from the hundreds of millions of others throughout history have seen the old hag. a shadow person? ive had the same horrifying experience complete with the evil laughing and the shadow monster yadda yadda but here is the gist of it although it might not be as fun....

It has been discovered that during sleep the brain releases a hormone into the blood stream that will paralyze the major muscle groups to prevent locomotion. In this way, the body can rest while the mind is working its way through dreams. This hormone is designed to prevent the body from hurting itself during the unconscious sleep state. Those who have had too little of the hormone introduced are subject to limb thrashing and sleepwalking as the person acts out the events of their dreams.

ok body paralyzed, check.

The medical explanation of sleep paralysis is that as a person rouses from the deeper sleep cycle, the hormone will take a few moments to wear off and release the muscles of the arms and legs, thus causing a brief period where the paralysis lingers. Generally it only takes a few seconds for this to fade, but even such a brief time can cause panic in many people. That a sense of fear or dread accompanies this sensation can be understood in that one of the major triggers for sleep paralysis is extreme stress in one's life.

so your body is still actually sleeping while your brain is slightly aware, throwing you into a half dream panic, believable?
well..just as believable as shadow people.

There have been other reports, some as recent as the early 1990's, of a person's spouse entering the room where their partner is experiencing "sleep paralysis" and seen a dark shadowy form fleeing the bed of the victim.

the truth is stranger than fiction i guess but the imagination is yet stranger.but even so its originally called old hag syndrome teehee.

www.trueghosttales.com...
roohikhan.hubpages.com...

I was told that this was what happened to me. But I wasn't asleep. And it didn’t happen before, or after ever again. I was in a dorm of sorts and the room that the black shadow walked into is was a buddy of mine’s room. I asked him the next day if he had anything weird happen to him but he said no. Through further conversation it become known to me that he read Tarot Cards, which I didn’t know. I believe this might have had something to do with it. One thing I forgot to mention is that my occurrence happened around 9-10 at night. Not early in the morning.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I hope you managed to effect some positive change on that thing, whatever it was. Perhaps that is why fate brought you two together in the first place? If it had scoped you out as a target before I think it would have noticed that you have an unusual skill set for most people that would disrupt its plan so it is likely that it chose you randomly.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aarcadius

BUT first and please no offence intended. you say before the internet? so its safe to say you have some years under your belt? then would it also be safe to say that youve experimented with substances? be it drugs, alcohol or chemicals that arnt really ment to be near you?

what about your occupation? could it be you work a night shift job and thus don't get enough sleep? or maybe its just an incredibly stressful or heavily loaded occupation? can you rule out fatigue or delusions? what about imagination? can you rule this out? Do you have friends? or are you alone looking for attention?

PLEASE do not get angry im in no way trolling, im actually trying to cover all the ifs n buts in my head.
I am a skeptic when it comes to all of this spiritual crap... HOWEVER! there once was a man who proved his worth a million times over and he himself explained of a spiritual plane that he was able to access at will. This man was Nicola Tesla. and along with that statement he brought proof, in saying so i will always be on the hunt for Tesla's spiritual plain with a seriously thick filter on =D.

No drugs, I rarely drink, so basically socially. Chemicals?, only what's in our environment and is force fed to us.

I get plenty of sleep. I am a very laid back person. Job stress? I don't let things bother me anymore. Friends, lol let's put it this way my house is like a merry-go-round people coming and going all the time.

Tesla was amazing, and he was short changed I agree. Our current reality would be much different if his work would have been available for us all.

Proof? You can only prove things to yourself, no one else can make you understand, or believe, but if you want proof we are more than our bodies just go to your local grave yard.

It's good that you question, and even better that you are searching. If you choose you can have an OBE and anybody that tells you it's hard to do, are full of it. What an OBE takes is focus, acknowledgement, and awareness, if you have these qualities then you'll succeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I must ask this, are you in anyway involved in practicing magic or similar things?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have also encountered those kinds of beings as well. One of them tried to literally engulf my whole astral body while projecting huge amounts of "fear" into me, wanting me to scream!! With my thoughts I let the entity know...that he wasn't going to be getting any screams from me today cause I was no longer scared of them.
I gave it no emotions, not even love.

BUT I could not unlock from the stranglehold he had on me.

It wasn't until my deceased grandmothers voice yelled out my name real loud (from my closet area) that I finally was able to break free and he (it) f*cked off.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

I must ask this, are you in anyway involved in practicing magic or similar things?

No, but that is an interesting question.

Why do you ask?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Interesting experience.

I have experienced sleep paralysis before (an effect of a pain killer I took for back pain) and it was a bad experience. With sleep paralysis it's hard to determine what's going on because the part of your brain that protects you from physical injury whilst dreaming (by paralysing your muscles) is the bit that remains asleep whilst some other parts of your brain wake up. Did you know that during sleep your hearing is not shut down at all. As parts of your brain are still asleep during sleep paralysis it's hard to determine whether what your seeing or hearing is actually there or is being generated by your dreaming brain.

Who knows! Maybe It is possible that what you see and hear during sleep paralysis may be another level of consciousness that can only be accessed whilst in that state? Maybe your seeing another reality? Maybe the shadow person you saw equally saw you as a ghost/shadow person in their reality? I know that episodes of sleep paralysis and shadow people have been reported all through human history.

On the other hand, maybe it's just the sleepy human brain attempting to make sense of a situation without having access to all the senses it needs? Until we understand the brain 100% it's unlikely that we'll know one way or the other!

Edit - This is something I posted on a different thread but I thought it was also pretty appropriate for this one.

One trait that all humans share is the ability to pick out shapes and forms from apparently random objects. Humans are all excellent at finding and recognising shapes/patterns in seemingly random data. Sadly most of the time random data is all that it is, The rest is just the human brain attempting to make sense of what it's being presented with by sight/sound/smell/touch/taste. Often fear or excitement even memory plays a part too. That shapes what you think. So what might look like (to one person) an overexposed photo of someone stood too close to the camera when the flash went off, might look like (to someone else) a ghost of an ex partner/family member/ufo/whatever.

Human perception is an amazingly un-trustworthy thing. You ask 10 people who all saw the same event to describe what they saw and you will get 10 different stories each one shaped by their own perception.

edit on 24/4/12 by Anon77 because: additional information

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Very interesting experience and thanks for sharing it Realtruth. As an ATS regular for the last year, I was particularly interested in your story specifically because of your background and experience.

I found it interesting that your still feeling the energetic effects of the experience - I hope you feel better quickly, and I will be following the thread with interest.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join